The "All things TERMINATOR" thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watched it a second time after getting the NECA figures to see which of the guns to put in their hands and felt I could rate it this time.

As far as rankings I'll go

T1
T2 (though I can interchange these)
Dark Fate
Genisys (Silly fun, pretty good T-1000 performance, Emilia Clarke is delectable)
Salvation
T3 Rise of the Machines (I can probably interchange with Salvation, but I far prefer Bale as an older John Connor and Salvation wins a point for breaking the formula)

That’s my ranking too, there’s sadly more of value in T4, T5 and T6 than T3.

That’s my ranking too, there’s sadly more of value in T4, T5 and T6 than T3.

Arnie got back into great shape and the BD T-850 would make a great action figure if anyone since McFarlane would 'F'ing make one - is about as positive as I can be about T3.

Arnie got back into great shape and the BD T-850 would make a great action figure if anyone since McFarlane would 'F'ing make one - is about as positive as I can be about T3.

I’d agree with that, he was bulkier than T2 and closer to T1. The full BD look at the end was great, and the scene with him smashing the truck and fighting the TX’s reprogramming was cool, also the very end where he traps the TX and then they cut to the remaining Endo Skull, beyond those moments, nothing really exciting for me.

Your dedication is most impressive, you go beyond those who just buy lots of things that get made and worked hard to fill in the gaps, your passion is quite evident.
Thanks!

Wow - seriously impressive. Why is flight attendant Barbie (or is that Cyberdyne Barbie) there in the mix?:dunno:lol

That's Kimberley Duncan, a Cyberdyne employee in the Terminator 2 3D: Battle Across Time show:
T23D_KimberleyDuncan_1-6_01_web.jpg

T23D_KimberleyDuncan_1-6_04_web.jpg

What's the big green endo on the middle left table? Looks cool.
That's the T-70 Autonomous Infantry Unit. Also from Terminator 2 3D: Battle Across Time.
You can see it behind me ;-)
DSC06727_web.jpg

Here's a few custom Terminator pieces I've recently finished. Enjoy and if you like what you see please feel free to get in touch as I offer commission work.
f9c0b1afac08a69730b3a9182a269bd5.jpg
62183eeedafca44694f3da07b65c8c0c.jpg
d8de4114fdbe1d55849f86db537a3c90.jpg
c708d4af2e1f1860a427ec27b612443a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

The "All things TERMINATOR" thread.

Hamilton new interview she prefers a much smaller low budget low risk Terminator movie BUT that she is also quite happy to never return as well lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
No surprise there. Her and Arnie were the best parts of Dark Fate though. The next film needs to be scaled back tremendously. Lower budget, more of the horror/scifi vibe of the original. It could still work with Arnold being the T-800.

Agreed... Terminator needs to be a chase/horror film. Speaking of Dark Fate here's a bust I recently completed also
91637c8f65a5c8825cd60b1fcfc26229.jpg
2b772431b9f1dc9580c9f4897ea8fa6e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

So hilariously (yet sadly) true. Even though I stand by my initial praise of how they expanded the mythos with AI's like Carl ultimately outgrowing their programming and wanting to be "human" and the awesome future LEGION sequence there's just too much of this film that is not only a pale imitation of T2 but also a disgrace to it. And lol at Tim Miller bragging about how 90% of the car chase was lifeless CGI. :slap:

I don't see myself ever watching this movie again which is shocking because I got a few good watches out of both T3 and Genysis and could probably still enjoy both as harmless "background" movies to this day.

Last edited:
It's too bad too because expectations were high with Cameron coming back to produce. The Terminator and T2 are both so awesome and I watch both a lot but T3 and later are harmless fun once in awhile. They really wasted the opening on this movie and could have done something epic instead of a remake of T2 with a new set of characters. Too bad.

I'm surprised at the turnaround you had on this film Khev. Your initial review seemed like the film was going to be in your canon, does my memory serve me right?

My oldest brother watched it the other night and he asked me what I thought of it - I immediately knew that meant he liked it. If he thought it was terrible he would have just opened with that. :lol

It's a strange one, some of the most outrageous aspects of the film are simultaneously the most interesting. I think the major drag on the film as a standalone is that it uses these interesting elements to just rehash the same damn story all over again. So I actually think it would have been better without the chase element - without the Rev-9, without Dani the new saviour. Instead a story focusing on Carl and Sarah - showing us his life after killing John, the encounters and experiences he has that make him become Carl. The audience comes to like him. Meanwhile you're intercutting with Sarah Connor who is determined to track him down and kill him.....only problem is I don't know how you'd end it really.....

It's too bad too because expectations were high with Cameron coming back to produce. The Terminator and T2 are both so awesome and I watch both a lot but T3 and later are harmless fun once in awhile. They really wasted the opening on this movie and could have done something epic instead of a remake of T2 with a new set of characters. Too bad.

Agreed and the side by side stills of Dark Fate's crappy cinematography next to T2 and all those little clips of Brad Fiedel's iconic score just make it all the more embarrassing.

I'm surprised at the turnaround you had on this film Khev. Your initial review seemed like the film was going to be in your canon, does my memory serve me right?

Well even with my immediate enthusiasm after first watching it I still gave it "only" a 6/10. I knew it wasn't a great (or even "really good") movie but I just loved the ideas that it proposed and got caught up in seeing Arnie and Linda together and providing decent (and endearing with regard to Carl) performances. Those elements really clouded my objective scrutiny of the rest of the film IMO.

It's a strange one, some of the most outrageous aspects of the film are simultaneously the most interesting. I think the major drag on the film as a standalone is that it uses these interesting elements to just rehash the same damn story all over again. So I actually think it would have been better without the chase element - without the Rev-9, without Dani the new saviour. Instead a story focusing on Carl and Sarah - showing us his life after killing John, the encounters and experiences he has that make him become Carl. The audience comes to like him. Meanwhile you're intercutting with Sarah Connor who is determined to track him down and kill him.....only problem is I don't know how you'd end it really.....

Yes there were some truly inspired elements and I think even that YouTuber conceded that building an entire movie around a reformed "Carl" as the main character instead something shoehorned into their subpar T2 remake would have taken the things that I did love about DF's story and provided a worthy context for them and also offered a valid justification for continuing the story.

As it stands yeah I redact my assertion that DF will ever be anything close to canon next to T1 and/or T2.

If they had pulled off a smaller scale, personal story of Carl and Sarah in a good standalone movie I maybe could have bought it as an 'alternate' canon - much like Alien 3 is an optional ending to the Alien franchise - a film which does something major that you may not like, but the ensuing film has enough merit to still be enjoyed. You choose yourself depending on your mood what movie closes the franchise.

I keep all my personal canons nice and simple.

Terminator
T2

Alien
Aliens

RoboCop

Predator

That's all.

If they had pulled off a smaller scale, personal story of Carl and Sarah in a good standalone movie I maybe could have bought it as an 'alternate' canon - much like Alien 3 is an optional ending to the Alien franchise - a film which does something major that you may not like, but the ensuing film has enough merit to still be enjoyed. You choose yourself depending on your mood what movie closes the franchise.

Yep, well put.

Back