The "All things TERMINATOR" thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
massive flop. They're talking $100 million loss as best case scenario. Hollywood needs a few more of these flops to finally wake up and realize audiences want to watch good movies and not agenda driven garbage

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2484369/ouch-terminator-dark-fate-had-a-huge-second-weekend-drop

If it was only that simple.

Great-Good movies lose to Bad movies at the box office every single weekend of the year.

Just look at Midway vs Doctor Sleep for the most recent example.

Compelling characters does not automatically mean financial success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it was only that simple.

Great-Good movies lose to Bad movies at the box office every single weekend of the year.

Just look at Midway vs Doctor Sleep for the most recent example.

Compelling characters does not automatically mean financial success.

LOL! come on man, we're talking about The Terminator franchise. People (including me) were dying for this to be good.

LOL! come on man, we're talking about The Terminator franchise. People (including me) were dying for this to be good.

Yeah well I wanted a bisexual wife but we can?t have everything we wish for now can w.....

Ehh scratch that disregard

The movie failed because you have toxic older fans who will attack every single new Terminator movie and the franchise has not gained new fans over the years. The reason it failed has nothing to do with what you are claiming and crying about. Captain Marvel and the dismally failed boycott proved that what you cry about had no bearing on what the majority is interested in seeing.

Re: The "All things TERMINATOR" thread.

Yeah well I wanted a bisexual wife but we can?t have everything we wish for now can w.....

Ehh scratch that disregard

LMFAOOOOOOOO!!!

The movie failed because you have toxic older fans who will attack every single new Terminator movie and the franchise has not gained new fans over the years. The reason it failed has nothing to do with what you are claiming and crying about. Captain Marvel and the dismally failed boycott proved that what you cry about had no bearing on what the majority is interested in seeing.

dude what are you talking about?

Yeah seriously Malgus no need for crazy generalizations like that.

Very good people on here had very good reasons why the movie worked for them or vice versa.

Khev is a conservative yet he just spent 2 weeks on here defending the movie on the merits he felt respected the history of the characters while calling out the lack of vision in the set pieces

This is the internet of course there are horrible human beings on here from all walks of life and political affiliations but there are also plenty of well informed amazing people on here from all walks of life and political affiliations.

Shut down the insults and get to know people first before going down that rabbit hole of unpleasantness.

These toxic males just so happen to love Princess Leia, Sarah Connor, Ripley, Vasquez, Holly Mclane, officer Lewis and a bunch of other great female characters and they also happen to be my friends regardless of their religious or political beliefs so please chill out and just listen first before judging others.

Very good people on here had very good reasons why the movie worked for them or vice versa.

Khev is a conservative yet he just spent 2 weeks on here defending the movie on the merits he felt respected the history of the characters while calling out the lack of vision in the set pieces

This is the internet of course there are horrible human beings on here from all walks of life and political affiliations but there are also plenty of well informed amazing people on here from all walks of life and political affiliations.

Shut down the insults and get to know people first before going down that rabbit hole of unpleasantness.

These toxic males just so happen to love Princess Leia, Sarah Connor, Ripley, Vasquez, Holly Mclane, officer Lewis and a bunch of other great female characters and they also happen to be my friends regardless of their religious or political beliefs so please chill out and just listen first before judging others.

Well said my friend, the flaws in DF are plain for all to see and if they ruin the movie for any given fan that's no reason for dismissive generalizations.

I just saw it and I'm sort of in the middle - the FX and sequences were incredible, and Mackenzie (wow is that the definitive yuppie pre school name from 2005 or what?:lol) was great and it was nostalgic to see Arnie and LH together but it sort of illustrated how the franchise is centered around a basic idea that can't really be expanded much - its like BTTF - so you end up with a "been there, done that" vibe. So as others have said it almost felt like a remake of T2, even down to some setting types.

I did feel like the military base and the dam just started to feel kind of silly and random - like all you needed were some animated characters and veolciraptors thrown in and you'd have every single big studio movie thing included (after all that they land on a HOOVER DAM???!:slap:lol) At that point it became a bit eye-rolling.

I also felt like you needed some of that glitching that the T-1000 had at the end of T2. The Rev-9 just seemed so indestructible - like a mile-wide asteroid could land on him as an atomic bomb detontated and he still wouldn't have even had a scratch. Doing ANYTHING to the rev-9 is pointless.

I liked the Karl idea only because Arnie was great in the movie - he had an almost silverback gorilla vibe, lovable, wise but can still kick ass. That being said, how on earth that wife and kid had no idea Karl never pooped or ate or sleeped I have no idea. And they really needed a sequence shwoing him say a month after the beach hit where he's starting to be challenged by the human world, then you see how he "learns" - the type of expereinces shown in a montage. I just couldn't conjure the connection between this lumbering Xerox-intellect machine killer and the affable guy with the twinkle in his eye who offers a lime with the beer.

If they do new Terminator franchise entity I want to see Karl with stoner roommates in an early 2000's-set sit com, a kid Terminator, or present day Eddie Furlong as a T-1000 terminator (alternate timeline) that old Sarah has to battle while constantly having to reflect on what a loser John turned out to be.

That being said, how on earth that wife and kid had no idea Karl never pooped or ate or sleeped I have no idea

I thought Terminators had to eat too? At least the ones encased in flesh. They needed to feed that flesh something right?

I can't remember what's canon in that regard.

The movie failed cause it mostly is a rehash, period.
A rehash intended to make money and the makers were too stupid to see that this cow has run dry.
If you don?t see it, then you just got a different taste, which in itself is fine.
Attacking "older fans" which see the dislogic and downright stupidness in this, has nothing to do with taste...

I thought Terminators had to eat too? At least the ones encased in flesh. They needed to feed that flesh something right?

I can't remember what's canon in that regard.

They have intestines and stomachs? I thought they were just living tissue on the very outside and inside they were 100% machine? I always assumed the flesh was "fed" by the machine systems somehow.

It was never quite adressed. Maybe the most rudimentary systems for blood propulsion, through the veins, but since the first started to rot, like I said, probably only very rudimentary.

It was never quite adressed. Maybe the most rudimentary systems for blood propulsion, through the veins, but since the first started to rot, like I said, probably only very rudimentary.

Didn't the first one rot due to damage? I wonder if the beat-up flesh just died. It's been years since I've seen T1.

It makes it all pretty hard to believe that Karl could age like a normal human. These things are solid metal robots (no living internal organs) with some living flesh "window dressing" on the outer layer to fool future humans.

You can sort of buy that maybe the robotics can supply the skin in a rudimetary way enough to maintain it but the idea that the skin is good enough to fool Karl's wife (boy, she's perceptive, huh? - thank goodness they kept nearly all her dialog inaudible:lol) AND that he ages exactly like a normal human is laughably silly.

It's like a baggy human dermal/skin wrapped around a metal robot. It's that aspect that makes his whole marriage thing just laughably dumb.

One other huge logic error in Dark Fate is how the rev-9's black endoskeleton entity can walk "into" the liquid metal entity to re-merge the two parts together, yet the liquid metal portion doesn't grow/swell in size at all to accomodate it. How does all that volume from the endo just disappear when it merges back with the liquid metal part?

Unless the liquid metal part is sort of hollow (didn't seem to be) shouldn't the liquid metal "half" be smaller when the endo half is separate, or shouldn't it grow by 50% as the skeleton returns, even just for a few seconds?

Those toxic fans started bashing this Terminator movie from the time the first poster was posted on Facebook. Before the trailer was even released they were out in force attacking the movie they had not even seen a trailer for.

The movie failed cause it mostly is a rehash, period.
A rehash intended to make money and the makers were too stupid to see that this cow has run dry.
If you don?t see it, then you just got a different taste, which in itself is fine.
Attacking "older fans" which see the dislogic and downright stupidness in this, has nothing to do with taste...

Read my other post. The old people who are now the toxic fans dont like being called out. They started bashing started before they knew anything about the movie besides seeing a poster for it. Unfortunately for Hollywood they cant afford to wait the 30 or 40 years for those people to die off before making sequels. Unless they can attract a new and young audience they are out of luck.

Back