Terminator Salvation = Awesome

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't get me wrong i'm the biggest Terminator not out there but in T-2 the T-1000 has no endo or chip to control its brain thats not real how did it function? no endo no brain chip no power cell?? in T-3 they got it right with an endo and chip along with power cells for the T-X.

If anyone can prove to me how the T-1000 manages without the above please prove me wrong but its something thats always botherd me since i saw the film back in the early 90's...

Nobody knows for sure.

https://www.tv.com/terminator-the-sarah-connor-chronicles/show/68708/how-does-the-t-1000-really-work/topic/83597-1030721/msgs.html

That's why i'm prepared to give TS the benefit of the doubt, there is scope over the next two to get to the future we saw in the first three movies.

Exactly this can only get better imo ................ a matured Kyle Reese, a more in control (as we were told of him) John Connor and an ass load more of the T-800! :D

I just hope the ****** bags (critics) didn't damage this from the producers moving forward with the next 2 projected releases.

Bales performance and a weak story shouldn't on their own dismantle a decent film imo.

I saw the film yesterday and actually really liked it, the only part I thought was really weak was the ending. Would give it a solid 8/10 overall.

Hopefully it will end up being the start of a stronger overall story arc and lead into JC being the man we have all heard about for the next movie.

Don't get me wrong i'm the biggest Terminator not out there but in T-2 the T-1000 has no endo or chip to control its brain thats not real how did it function? no endo no brain chip no power cell?? in T-3 they got it right with an endo and chip along with power cells for the T-X.

If anyone can prove to me how the T-1000 manages without the above please prove me wrong but its something thats always botherd me since i saw the film back in the early 90's...

from terminator wiki, i know it's wiki, but it's the best we got :huh

Originally, theories on the nature of the T-1000's construction stated that the T-1000 utilized nano-technology in order to alter its physical appearance. This meant that the T-1000 was not merely one machine, but millions of microscopic machines linked together in a cohesion subroutine. However, the Resistance found that this was not the case. It was discovered that the T-1000 was constructed using a new technology developed by Skynet. Each molecule of the T-1000 was a primitive, miniaturized version of the total machine, and every molecule had programmed into it the blueprints for all the parts needed for the construction of the whole T-1000.

Saw Terminator Salvation this afternoon. I thought it was very good. Not in the same league as the first two, but I look forward to the next one.

I rate as follows:

T1=4/5
T2=5/5
T3=0/5(I wish I had never seen it)
T4=3/5

Saw Terminator Salvation this afternoon. I thought it was very good. Not in the same league as the first two, but I look forward to the next one.

I rate as follows:

T1=4/5
T2=5/5
T3=0/5(I wish I had never seen it)
T4=3/5

Oh man I love T3.
My ratings:

T1=4/5
T2=5/5
T3=4/5
T4=3.5/5

T1=4.5/5
t2=5/5
t3=1.5/5
t4=1.7/5

(wtf it won't let me capitalize the T's after T1)

I rate them like this...

T1 = 5/5

T2 = 5/5

T3 = 2/5

TS = Not seen it yet. :lol

Its a little annoying how theres a new terminator out at the cinema and I don't really feel like I want to go and see it. :lol:huh
If I do go to the cinema soon I think it will be to see drag me to hell.
I hope I can get to the cinema to see this though.

Though it's not in the same league as Cameron's Terminator movies, i still like Terminator 3, and i'm sorry to say, thought it was much better than Salvation.

The way i have always seen it,with Cameron still having John exsist after the end of T2 it's clear that Judgement day wasn't avoided so i was always fine with the idea of T3 eventually happening.

Though for the most part it's a retread of T2 i'll always have respect for Mostow for having the nads to go with the ending he did.

Last edited:
If the events of T2 failed to prevent the nuclear war and war against the machines then it is The Sarah Connor Chronicle's treatment that I will take as the real continuation of the story, not jokey T3. Even though it only got 1 half season and 1 full season which ended on a cliffhangar I'm taking that and will only take that until someone manages to make a decent film.

Wow there's so much T3 hate on the boards. I love the film. I watched it the other day, it's the most fun.

I didn't like the star glasses, talk to the hand(both times), Johns altered age, Sarah's altered age, the comedy boing noise when the terminator crashed into something when on the crane, John being a ^^^^^ throughout whole film (His mum would have kicked his arse for being so week), the TX doing stupid things like morphing from Kate's fiance back to default TX state right in front of Kate to give the game away and let Kate get away. Somehow the TX can infect a car with a virus that can control it even though it is a mechanical object, not a computer run by software, the list goes on. Normaly I can get immersed in a story enough to forgive a film for it's faults. But on this one I just remember about 10 minutes in I had a bad feeling and it got worse as the film progressed.

I did like the fact that it had a downbeat ending though.

The strange thing is I love U-571 (Mostowe's previous film) which totally pisses all over British history and makes people think that the American's chased, engaged and raided a German U-boat to get the key to break the Enigma codes.

That's my reason's for not liking it, but of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I didn't like the star glasses, talk to the hand(both times), Johns altered age, Sarah's altered age, the comedy boing noise when the terminator crashed into something when on the crane, John being a ^^^^^ throughout whole film (His mum would have kicked his arse for being so week), the TX doing stupid things like morphing from Kate's fiance back to default TX state right in front of Kate to give the game away and let Kate get away. Somehow the TX can infect a car with a virus that can control it even though it is a mechanical object, not a computer run by software, the list goes on. Normaly I can get immersed in a story enough to forgive a film for it's faults. But on this one I just remember about 10 minutes in I had a bad feeling and it got worse as the film progressed.

I agree with all of those reasons and I'd like to add the Dr.Silberman bit. He was a serious character in the first 2 films and they played him for laughs in T3 with the ridiculous coincidence of his being there again and his comedy reaction to seeing Arnie again. This scene makes it clear, if it wasn't already, that T3 is not a sequel but a spoof.

How about the look and motion of the TX? Although the actress is damn hot she looked like a goof and came off extremely cheesy throughout they entire film. Her lines were similar to the T-1000 ................... overall I find it hard to believe this film not only had Arnold in it but that it was ever made.

Sure there were some cool parts but many failed films have had "cool scenes" in them.

Oh and btw Brewsters boyfriend ............... who was the casting director of this film? The guy makes you want to turn off the movie when you see him.

Rant over. :D

P.S.S. :lol T2FANATIC has been banned, thanks Dave.

Back