Terminator 1:2 Scale, Full Body, Hollywood Collectors Group

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't have any light up issues with mine...

Andy get it, it looks superb in person. The most iconic robot ever perhaps?...

There is one on eBay now new I think for $1600 ish plus shipping...

Thanks Ben but I've made my mind up and sadly I'll be passing on it...:( as you know, my PO list is like never ending so I've gotta be strict from here on with whatever comes next :)

Most iconic Robot? Has to be Jonny 5 :rock :rock

aremyme2.jpg

Haha johnny 5 is a legend, I would buy a 1:2 scale of him for sure haha!

Sad to hear you are passing, but you do have one of the busiest postman in the country with all you're awesome orders haha!

I love this one, I almost had to sell it recently but glad I was able to keep it, it has a very commanding presence.

Most issues with light ups were the connections needed to be cleaned a bit, so far no problems with mine after doing that.

It is new. The old one was HCG this is Sideshow.
Both exactly the same :huh (New one probably won't be as good to be honest).

I expect they are exactly the same, HCG just did not want to finish the 500 or so they set the ES at and let SS take over. They could not just remake them exactly the same as the other was numbered edition. They don't sell anywhere near retail secondhand so not sure why they would bother anyway, you would think they would remake something like Darth Talon if they were really that desperate to blatantly remake something.

your way behind on your info man. SS removed the ES of 500 years ago. I've had 2 of these, one had the 500 on the bottom, the other did not. I believe the one that did not has some sort of COA. The difference in quality between the two was pretty different too. Most people still don't know this.

your way behind on your info man. SS removed the ES of 500 years ago. I've had 2 of these, one had the 500 on the bottom, the other did not. I believe the one that did not has some sort of COA. The difference in quality between the two was pretty different too. Most people still don't know this.
Well, please give more info then so we do. Was the box also unnumbered, I have seen statues where they just forgot the number. Quality can vary wildy also even on the same production run. I still don't know how they could get away with remaking a limited ES item. Maybe that is why the resale price of them is so bad.

can't remember the box. The teeth were made differently. One was fully chromed, the other was "weathered" with black spray paint. The guns were made with different material. The older one seemed to be the better quality overall. Could be a coincidence, not sure.

No coincidence. The newer busts look awful.
Shows how Sideshow has gotten greedy and cut corners in the name of extra profit over the years.

Sorry to drag up an old question again but I'm really interested to know what the major differences are between the two versions? :dunno Other than the fact one was made by HCG and the other coming from Sideshow themselves, are the differences pretty noticeable? Only reason is that after constantly two-ing and fro-ing, once again I have got the bug to add this piece to my collection but it would direct from Sideshow (which ships in November) and not the original HCG piece. Any help would be much appreciated :) I promised to myself that I wouldn't go back and check out the pics at the beginning of this thread but because its such an iconic movie character, each time i see them, it makes me want it even more!!!:love :gah:

endocase372.jpg

endocase3107.jpg

Last edited:
I had the first one from HCG, the rerelease has cheap teeth (hcg teeth werent too great so I dirtied them up with a teabag) and the other things I noticed was the base wasn't as well painted, it was in a local shop and I was thinking of rebuying it but passed after seeing it.

I had the first one from HCG, the rerelease has cheap teeth (hcg teeth werent too great so I dirtied them up with a teabag) and the other things I noticed was the base wasn't as well painted, it was in a local shop and I was thinking of rebuying it but passed after seeing it.

Was the HCG one really that bad? What are your thoughts on Sideshows' version being any better? The HCG version does look pretty amazing from all the inhand pics I've seen so far I must say...

No mate, the HCG is the one to get. The SIdeshow version is the poorer version. To be honest the CM blows both of them away. The quality on that version os jaw dropping and actually looks scary if that makes sense. The HCG wins on presence,everyone commented on the hcg t800 more than anyother statue ive ever owned including stuff we think of as grails.

The cm goes for over 3k though. If I was rich, of course if get that version, but I had to settle for the 1:2 at basically half the price

Back