Tekken from Triad

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of their most popular/recognizable characters is a half-assed Ken/Guile rip-off? Sucks to be Tekken :lol

Half assed? Where have you been? Paul has been a staple in the series since it's first entry in 1994, over 16 years ago.

Show some respect to the greatest 3D fighting franchise ever conceived. It helped put 3D fighters on the map. He is one of the few characters (along with Like Heihachi, Nina, and Yoshimitsu) to have appeared in every Tekken game. Long live Paul Phoenix. But not this figure.

ugh, these SF elitest.

Well, whenever it came out, he's still a cheap rip-off if he looks like that in the games (I haven't played Tekken in years, and none of the characters were interesting enough for me to remember except a fighting bear and couger head wrestler guy).

Please understand, I'm not blaming Tekken for having SF-ripoff characters in their game. Every fighting franchise since the early 1990s has stole heavily from Street Fighter. But they usually try not to make the SF-lite characters the backbones of the franchise.

Well, whenever it came out, he's still a cheap rip-off if he looks like that in the games (I haven't played Tekken in years, and none of the characters were interesting enough for me to remember except a fighting bear and couger head wrestler guy).

Please understand, I'm not blaming Tekken for having SF-ripoff characters in their game. Every fighting franchise since the early 1990s has stole heavily from Street Fighter. But they usually try not to make the SF-lite characters the backbones of the franchise.

I don't think of Paul as a rip-off though. He wears a gi and a leather motorcycle outfit, those were always his two costume.

Paul acts completely different too and his fighting style nowhere near matches (especially since Tekken uses more realistic fighting styles). Paul being a motorcycle dude is also a well known fact so his leather outfit is pretty iconic in the series. As for being interesting, Tekken's characters are at least more fleshed out than SF's. I'm a huge SF fan (as if the username alone wasn't enough), but I can't stand elitists either.

Tekken is imho the best fighting game series out there and all of the characters have very unique move sets...unlike most other fighting games. Tekken also has great characters and I don't see Paul as being a Ken/Guile ripoff at all, but that 1/6th looks pretty bad. Kazuya, Raven, Yoshimitsu, Nina, or Bryan ftw.

It's been my favorite since I first played it, the characters, fighting styles, and music was just so memorable to me.

Love it. This figure does it no justice.

As I recall, Tekken was very innovative in terms of gameplay, unlike other fighting games that were either straight SF rip-offs or just lame (like the Mortal Kombat/Killer Instinkt types).

Anyone remember Fighter's History? You could play as Karnov. Probably using E. Honda's moveset :lol

Tekken was the first to have actual martial art techniques applied to each fighter and faithfully, not just a cliche character as SF had. But every move set was from that fighting style, which MK tried to adopt in the later 3D with not as much luck.

Tekken was the first to have actual martial art techniques applied to each fighter and faithfully, not just a cliche character as SF had. But every move set was from that fighting style, which MK tried to adopt in the later 3D with not as much luck.

Virtua Fighter doesn't count? That was released before Tekken, I think.

Virtua Fighter doesn't count? That was released before Tekken, I think.

It did come before Tekken, but it looked worse and I don't think it had as much emphasis on the fighting techniques. Tekken has also always been bigger than VF.

I found this quote:

Tekken differs from other hand-to-hand fighting games in some ways. Traditional fighting games are usually played with buttons which correspond to the strength of the attack, such as strong punch or weak kick.

Tekken, however, dedicates a button to each limb of the fighter, making learning special attacks more of an intuitive process. The player could watch the animation on screen and figure out the appropriate command (if the character kicks low with their right leg, the move is likely to be executed by pressing down and right kick, or a similar variation). The Tekken games are popular within the martial arts community thanks primarily to the fact that most of the characters' fighting techniques can be found in real life martial arts.

Next time I play as a Kangaroo or a giant panda in Tekken, I'll remember that a real life equivalent of their martial arts does actually exist.

Eh...I don't care, really. I'm not really into 3D fighters. I just remember playing Virtua Fighter when I was young at the arcades. First time playing a 3D fighter and I only remember being able to jump freakishly high.

As for Tekken, I dabbled with the 3rd one and that was it for a while until Tekken 5 came out a decade later or so.

Always been more of a 2D fighter fan, but I always had a soft spot in my heard for the Bloody Roar series. You guys remember that? It was a 3D fighter that had characters that could transform into animals mid-fight. Probably wasn't a great series, but it was fun.

Back on topic: Triad's Paul looks like he needs to gain some weight.

I remember Bloody Roar, never played it, but I remember.

Tekken 3 was the shiznit back in the day. And yes, he needs to gain weight...but regardless of if he does or doesn't I still won't be buying this guy anyway. He's at least 10 years too late.

Well Choosing Cammy as a reference was kinda wrong. So I place it together with Ryu and Ken just to get a scale.. Well Heihachi is slightly bigger than both SF statue..
Maybe someone can give the specification of all character reference of Heihachi?
CIMG3228.jpg

CIMG3229.jpg

CIMG3226.jpg

Cool photos! It's a good thing the Heihachi statue is in a deep wide legged stance or it would be obvious that he's much taller than either Ken or Ryu.

Wow. For some reason I missed page2 and had no idea he's already out. Thanks for the pics. :)

Last edited:
well it was mentioned that the PCS SF line is under scale than the 1/4. I did place Heihachi beside Captain America PF and Doom PF and it is the right scale 1/4.

Nevertheless I still like my PCs and Im Loving my Tekken line. I gotta give it to Triad toy for making a nice statue. considering its their first venture into the Mix media.:clap:clap:clap

Last edited:
Back