TDKR Hot Toys 1/6 Scale vehicle "THE BAT"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More importantly, we're nearing full reveals for all things Batman is what this tells me.

So even if The Bat is not in your future, i'm sure there will be something that is.

For me, 1/4 EB Batman and Joker, 1/6 HT TDKR stuff. :yess:

June/July will be Batastic! :yess:

Will be interesting to see, but an easy pass.

To be honest I think this design is pretty stupid looking, as it has pretty much no aerodynamics to it and im really confused as to how this thing could possibly stay in the air.

Seriously? This is in a movie about a guy dressed as a bat who fights crime. Key word is "movie".

Umm 1/4 scale would literally be the size of a small car

So no way

I close my eyes and picture it in my living room with my tv sitting on top of it. I guess my DVDs would go in the cockpit and the guns would fire out Dr. Peppers to me on the couch. One can dream.

Looks like the first Bat-vehicle Batman might actually be able to fit in without ripping his costume. Doesn't look like he has to be in a traditional sitting position. Im sure it will be awesome but it's an easy pass for me. Too much money and just too big plus
Figures>Vehicles

No way I could buy this. Almost hoping it won't be anything too cool in the film just so I won't feel bad about that. I don't normally use space as an excuse but in this case I'd really have to add that onto the money factor.

89 Batwing seems inevitable now.

As i don't see this having an open edition size, consider this the biggest grail HT's ever put out. Even if you're not a big fan of the franchise, as a collector it's gold.

This is awesome! I just pre-ordered the Tumbler earlier this week, so this has me super excited.

I was hoping HT would make this, I'm definitely getting one.

Whats crazy is I would bet most people on this board collect other stuff, and not just different Hot Toys lines. I mean stuff like l do myself Comics, graphic novels, Mattel's movie master line, blu-rays,and an occasional Marvel Select figure. Luckily when it comes to Hot Toys I just collect Batman minus their vehicles, I get those in a smaller scale from Hot Wheels. However point being most people who are collectors are into a lot of stuff that a certain portion of their Paycheck goes to monthly, besides those few of you very blessed with an above average salary, how can people afford this? I mean their figures just reached a totally impractical price point for the single figure 89 Joker at $264 (I got it and it was stunning still) Hot toys needs to cap prices, make all basic figs $215, all DX figs $230 (Unless it's a two pack like the DX 01 then cap it at like $270), and all vehicles $425, then we can play ball if not then How much longer can we afford this stuff as Hot Toys slowly raises the price every month by like $10-20$?

It frankly surprises me that there are so many people that seem to be expressing disappointment in HT for doing this. Why? Who says there should be a limit to what they can produce? If you don't have the money, or the space, or simply the desire to buy this, then just admire it from a distance and go about your business. Of course it's going to be a pass for alot of people, but it's also going to be an easy buy for others.

Heck, look at Sideshow... you think they've got alot of takers for their 1:1 scale collectibles? They friggin released Darth Malgus in 1:1... who the F is Darth Malgus(chill out, I know he's from TOR, just saying sarcastically) and how many people are actually going to buy it? Who cares? They can make whatever the F they want because it's their company. If companies like HT and SS were worried about making only the things that ALL of the people would want, then we'd be seeing mass produced lower quality BS that they could market to Walmart and Target to carry.

The point is, Hot Toys, if you're reading these posts, please know you have a market audience for this and any other ambitious projects you may have. Naysayers, if you don't like it, that's fine, but don't berate HT for thinking outside the box... or outside the capacity of your display case for that matter.

It frankly surprises me that there are so many people that seem to be expressing disappointment in HT for doing this. Why? Who says there should be a limit to what they can produce? If you don't have the money, or the space, or simply the desire to buy this, then just admire it from a distance and go about your business. Of course it's going to be a pass for alot of people, but it's also going to be an easy buy for others.

Heck, look at Sideshow... you think they've got alot of takers for their 1:1 scale collectibles? They friggin released Darth Malgus in 1:1... who the F is Darth Malgus(chill out, I know he's from TOR, just saying sarcastically) and how many people are actually going to buy it? Who cares? They can make whatever the F they want because it's their company. If companies like HT and SS were worried about making only the things that ALL of the people would want, then we'd be seeing mass produced lower quality BS that they could market to Walmart and Target to carry.

The point is, Hot Toys, if you're reading these posts, please know you have a market audience for this and any other ambitious projects you may have. Naysayers, if you don't like it, that's fine, but don't berate HT for thinking outside the box... or outside the capacity of your display case for that matter.

I see your point, and I applaud hot toys for pushing the limits! That's what makes them so great, however the price points need to at least stay were they are at now or a lot of us who love these characters and properties will be out of the market!

Im glad I cancelled all the avengers line I had preordered to just focus on 89 batman license and dark knight rises.

IF 89 batmobile is 629 this thing will be a fortune but ithink 89 batmobile was so expensive is because the license cost them a lot of money. The question know is do iwant to get this or wait for 89 bat wing instead.

:exactly::goodpost:

Exactly. For all of those saying that Hot Toys is getting too expensive for the average consumer of their current 1/6 scale collectible market...you may be right, but the flaw comes from thinking that Hot Toys should only direct itself to one specific market.

Instead, they are gradually expanding the markets that they target, and in this case, apparently targeting those collectors that have the financial and spacial capacity to go beyond just figures (and relatively smaller vehicles).

If this is not something you can get, fine, you're literally "not in the market for it"...in the same way that a 6-year old Toys'r'us plastic action figure fan is not in the general Hot Toys 1/6 figure market.

Any kind of collectible, especially when it comes to movies and comic books, is a LUXURY. As far as I'm concerned I'm surprised that some HT figs can still be bought for ~$200.

I'd say the range for this thing is something like $1500 - 2000

Icant wait to see the final product but might skip this one depending on price and wait for 89 bat wing if they do it. This will know doubt look incredible. i have tumbler preordered and 89 batmobile and considereing what the prices of the figures cost know adays the vehicles are a steal when you think about it.

Back