1/6 TDKR: Catwoman Mask: Have you broken it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did you break them, did you?

• Total voters
Hey guys - would you all have any interest in a replacement set? One piece head band/mask and a fold up non-swivel goggles?

By one piece mask I mean non adjustable band...

May not even work - but I would be willing to try if it would be wanted.

I'd definitely be interested in a replacement pair done in a more rubbery material.

But maybe it could be done as two sets? One cast permanently in the up position and one permanently in the down? That way you could avoid the trouble of all the moving parts? Just an idea.

I'd definitely be interested in a replacement pair done in a more rubbery material.

But maybe it could be done as two sets? One cast permanently in the up position and one permanently in the down? That way you could avoid the trouble of all the moving parts? Just an idea.

:goodpost:
I think that this is a great idea. The only posing option that wouldn't be available would perhaps be if you wanted to pose her like she's in the act of raising or lowering the goggle portion of the mask.

That seems to me to be a small sacrifice to make for durability's sake.

Good point. Please forgive as I don't have the figure yet... I could do one for down and another attachment for up.

Im not sure how complicatd you want to make it for yourself. I think most would be interested in the up position.

One thing to keep in mind if you do this is the exact position of the goggles in the cat ear position. There is quite a bit of variance in the way people are displaying theirs, so you will want to look at screen caps to get it right.

I take it no one has heard back from SS on the wait list replacement? I assume it will probably be a while...

So it's been a few weeks now and everyone seems to have gotten their orders fulfilled. Polls still showing a good deal of people have their goggle's ok. But still thats lot of people with broken masks. I'm sure many of us are curious to hear from SS or any of the dealers on replacements.

I hope they do come out with a solution and just dont flake us off.
This old animated pic which I saw in the boards a while back now seems ironic in context.

fuxf1j.jpg

Mine just arrived I'm looking at the goggles in fear especially because people are experiencing breakage after successfully putting them on . Pop! I bought some crazy today glue and I'm going to put a tiny dab on all the stress points that connect the flip motion and strap, once dried I'll slide it over her head.

This poll freaked me out so much. When I decided to put on the goggles, I moved the visor down once and put it up in the cat ear position and haven't touched it since.

I got a reply well over week after my email. They said to return figure but can't promise I will get a new figure. Sideshows becoming a massive joke

do it, dare you....
:)

I took off the back strap, adjust the mask gently and now i have managed to set it to 'cat ears'. :yess:

Word of advice, do NOT try and set it when its attached to the headsculpt, at least for the first time. Its better to take it off, and adjust it. Try to hold the thin plate while doing it. So the pressure arent on those thin plates.

Oh, btw its better to take it off from the back to fit the mask, rather than slipping it on from the top, because it'll messed up the flow of the hair. I used a thin metal plate tool to push the back of the pin in order to secure the pin hole.

I took off the back strap, adjust the mask gently and now i have managed to set it to 'cat ears'. :yess:

Word of advice, do NOT try and set it when its attached to the headsculpt, at least for the first time. Its better to take it off, and adjust it. Try to hold the thin plate while doing it. So the pressure arent on those thin plates.

Oh, btw its better to take it off from the back to fit the mask, rather than slipping it on from the top, because it'll messed up the flow of the hair. I used a thin metal plate tool to push the back of the pin in order to secure the pin hole.

I did mine while it was on the headsculpt and while holding the thin plates. Why do you say not to do that?

Its better to take it off because that way you can insert your finger to secure/hold more of the thin plate, instead of doing it while the goggles/mask are on the figure.

Sideshow sent me the mask/goggle replacement, got it yesterday. The mask itself seems to be made of an even stiffer rubber but the arms/goggles are the same as the ones that are broken so I am scared to do anything with them.

When I first informed them of the breakage they wanted to exchange the entire figure. I told them the figure itself is fine, it is the mask/goggles only so they amended the return and sent them out via UPS.

I now have five days to destroy the original goggles (beyond them already being broken, they suggested putting them in a pillow case and hitting them with a hammer) and then send them photos or they would charge me for the replacement piece (not sure what that charge would be however they did not say).

Back