1/6 TDKR: Catwoman Mask: Have you broken it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did you break them, did you?

• Total voters

Rorywan

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Another fantastically informative Poll to see how many fools broke their Selina Googles... and how long did it take..

Any tips and guides might be useful too. :lol

It didn't take me long to break mine, after I got it on then tried to adjust it, snap..!

Banana fingers here. :wave

Broke them shortly after installing them. I hadn't even gotten to spinning them around.

Like the two guys above, I broke mine while adjusting them after installation.

My advice? Once the mask is on, and the goggles are up, don't touch the goggles except to spin the mask. If you apply any pressure to the arms they will break.

Last edited:
Banana fingers here. :wave

Broke them shortly after installing them. I hadn't even gotten to spinning them around.

Like the two guys above, I broke mine while adjusting them after installation.

My advice? Once the mask is on, and the goggles are up, don't touch the goggles except to spin the mask. If you apply any pressure to the arms they will break.

So is it the little arms that are breaking off on everyones? I opened the mask very carefully before closing the strap, I held both parts so as to not put pressure on one piece or another if you know what I mean.

I wonder would leaving the plastic on the hair help to keep it down, while working with the mask.

Any of you creative types think there's a fix for the tiny pin aside from glue? I was obsessing over it way too much.

From the description I've been reading regarding how delicate the back of the mask is, wouldn't surprise me if it snaps due to the expanding of the hair over time.

Any of you creative types think there's a fix for the tiny pin aside from glue? I was obsessing over it way too much.

I plan to glue mine in a permenant "ears" position. If they look good that way, I will probably never install my replacement goggles.

I plan to glue mine in a permenant "ears" position. If they look good that way, I will probably never install my replacement goggles.

That's how I'm leaning. When the goggles are down its not so noticeable. But having the 'ears' up looks pretty rough without major futzing. Plus since I know it's broken it drives me crazy. :lol

I don't know if this was the right way to go, but what I did was position the front of her mask on her face first before sliding the back part down. It was a little hard because the hair is so thick and I felt like all of the tension was being applied to the little snap on the strap, but it worked. The hair stood still (for the most part) and as I was lowering the mask, I pulled her hair back as much as possible so that the stray strands would stay behind her ears.

That's how I'm leaning. When the goggles are down its not so noticeable. But having the 'ears' up looks pretty rough without major futzing. Plus since I know it's broken it drives me crazy. :lol

Well, in trying to futz it to look decent after breaking the one side, I actually broke the other side. So mine will never be fully functional anyway.

Mine hasn't broke, but after reading everyone else's experiences, I also think that it's only a matter of time...
I wonder if keeping them in the UP position causes to much stress on the tiny pins that attach to the mask strap...

my steps that i did:

1. Remove head from body first and foremost
2. Completely wet hair acheiving less bulk and less grip when sliding on goggles.
3.Lift up goggle(not rotating them, that's for last)
4.Slid face mask on first then strap second slowly pushing it further down.
5. Adjust face mask around eyes.
6. Rotate goggles 180 degress for cat ears.
7. Let hair dry and place back on body
8. LEAVE IT ALONE

Mine hasn't broke, but after reading everyone else's experiences, I also think that it's only a matter of time...
I wonder if keeping them in the UP position causes to much stress on the tiny pins that attach to the mask strap...

This reminds me of the oily abs syndrome with the DX02...checking the figure every day wondering if his abs were going to start leaking, except now we'll be looking to see if the pins went BOING in the middle of the night....:panic::horror:gah:

maybe we should commission someone to make a stronger cast of the mask for us?? maybe we can get a commission for ears up goggles and even ears down so we don't have to worry about swinging any pieces?

maybe we should commission someone to make a stronger cast of the mask for us?? maybe we can get a commission for ears up goggles and even ears down so we don't have to worry about swinging any pieces?

I haven't even opened my figure yet and I know I'd absolutely buy something like this :lol

Back