1/6 TDKR: Catwoman Mask: Have you broken it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did you break them, did you?

• Total voters
I seriously hope one of our talented customizers makes some replacements out of a far more flexible material. Like I mentioned before, it would be great to have two different pairs so you wouldn't have to fiddle with the moving parts. One molded in the down position and the other in the up position. I'd be very interested in getting both.

Sideshow sent me the mask/goggle replacement, got it yesterday. The mask itself seems to be made of an even stiffer rubber but the arms/goggles are the same as the ones that are broken so I am scared to do anything with them.

When I first informed them of the breakage they wanted to exchange the entire figure. I told them the figure itself is fine, it is the mask/goggles only so they amended the return and sent them out via UPS.

I now have five days to destroy the original goggles (beyond them already being broken, they suggested putting them in a pillow case and hitting them with a hammer) and then send them photos or they would charge me for the replacement piece (not sure what that charge would be however they did not say).

Not sure how they could charge you? You already have the replacement parts and they have not given you a price for these. I think in reality there is nothing they can do. The first person to destroy their broken goggles could theoretically take multiple photos at different angles and then distribute these pictures for the benefit of others. It's all meaningless asking for such pictures. Also a bit mean spirited.

I seriously hope one of our talented customizers makes some replacements out of a far more flexible material. Like I mentioned before, it would be great to have two different pairs so you wouldn't have to fiddle with the moving parts. One molded in the down position and the other in the up position. I'd be very interested in getting both.

:goodpost:

I really can't figure out why they made the arms out of such brittle material. There are so many tougher, more flexible forms of plastic out there.:dunno

Okay, so I'm kind of out of the loop for these goggles. I sent an email to SS and they told me that there's a waitlist for goggle replacements. Is that the case with most everyone at this point?

I jumped on the waitlist. Hopefully I hear something soon.

I've had tracking details for my replacement goggles from Sideshow so they must have received a supply.

Sh***t!! broken goggles here :(

I bought the catwoman from a HK website. Already asked them for a replacement and they told me to send back the broken goggles and they will try to ask hot toys for a replacement..

So I think I have no guarantee to get new goggles :(

My Selina will be without mask for a loooot of time... Sad sad.

Sh***t!! broken goggles here :(

I bought the catwoman from a HK website. Already asked them for a replacement and they told me to send back the broken goggles and they will try to ask hot toys for a replacement..

So I think I have no guarantee to get new goggles :(

My Selina will be without mask for a loooot of time... Sad sad.

Are they that un-repairable/un-salvagable? That might do for a while.:dunno

I'd be weary of sending in my broken ones before they can commit to replace them...who knows if they will ever send you anything back...:panic:
May be best to repair them, set them, and not mess with them. :dunno

Broken within 5 minutes. I had read all of the post and was being EXTREMELY careful >> snap! So sad...

Replacement Goggles arrived from SSC today, it's easy to be negative nowadays but their customer service has been fantastic.

Back