Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad I got mine when I did too. I'd bet 9/10 of the remaining stock would have surface blemishes - which I'd definitely accept for the $220 outlay, but this is one of those pieces where I'm happy to have shelled out for a guaranteed perfect example. Those who waited for a better price did well, but I have no regrets about the extra hundred bucks I spent.

I've been reading back through this thread with the search term "blemish". :panic:

I saw you had issues at first with marks that disappeared on their own (dust in the oil?), then the next thing I read was you were having to take a sledgehammer to Threepio. :horror

I'm paranoid about rust and rot, so I also searched for the term "rust". But didn't read of any instances of actual rust (unless they're all secretly rusting on the unpainted inner surface!)

Hopefully the oil coating has protected them while sitting around all this time in a humid environment.

$150-180 max. $250 figures are Sideshow's exception, not rule.

I agree about a 180 so it will probably be 179.99 you know how they have to throw a 99 in there to make people think there getting it cheeper., Im saving my points ill have at least 100 by the time 3po comes out.

I should buy hot toys figures more oftin there points are insane

In the words of Bob Dylan: "Go that way. You'll be malfunctioning within a day, you near-sighted scrap pile. And don't let me catch you following me begging for help because you won't get it."

giphy.gif

:)

I'm so glad someone got the reference :)

Hey now, Mr Positive....

No sour grapes here, it'd be great if they were all perfect :)

I've been reading back through this thread with the search term "blemish". :panic:

I saw you had issues at first with marks that disappeared on their own (dust in the oil?), then the next thing I read was you were having to take a sledgehammer to Threepio. :horror

I'm paranoid about rust and rot, so I also searched for the term "rust". But didn't read of any instances of actual rust (unless they're all secretly rusting on the unpainted inner surface!)

Hopefully the oil coating has protected them while sitting around all this time in a humid environment.

Even in the tropics rust isn't an issue with this material I don't think - and corrosion is managed easily enough with a wipe of the surface every so often. At some point you just have to enjoy things while they last.

you know how they have to throw a 99 in there to make people think there getting it cheeper.

Yup. No one would do it if it didn't work. ;) I've been doing sales for 8 years now, and the 9's are very important - trying to rock the boat on this isn't going to help the bottom line.

Even in the tropics rust isn't an issue with this material I don't think

Exactly. Since there's no iron in this figure, you're not likely to ever get rust.

I paid around $340 for mine and have no regrets. The fact there were no issues and it's a great looking figure makes it all worth it. For SS to top the quality of this piece is going to be a challenge depending on the price of the figure.

Really excited, he should be here on Friday.

Me too. Sent my payment $225 this morning. I have watched a few reviews and were blown away at the design. So cool, clever and high quality. I just couldn't bare to miss out on it.

Got my Threepio in from HLJ thanks to their huge sale, and it only took 4 days from Japan to Australia and arrived in perfect condition! This figure is absolutely incredible!! Hope you can check out my review :)

Got my shipping notice this morning! Added the monsterarts wolf predator to my order last minute. Gonna be a nice delivery :)

My tracking says it's still in Japan even though they shipped it two days ago. It's just been sitting in Tokyo.

Sent from atop my Dewback

^ what shipping did you use?

EMS as it was the more expensive of the two options. Just figured the more expensive option would be better plus I've had trouble with Fed Ex not being able to find my address.

Sent from atop my Dewback

Back