Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like these are turning up pristine - so much for my theory that they were being moved cheap because of QC issues. Congrats guys that's awesome :clap

Pretty sure HLJ just way overstocked this guy.

I was surprised when the sale window turned out to be so brief - I assumed they'd keep the discount until the stock was dry. Makes the deal even better for those who were on the ball.

Nice review, kool (and nice price to get it at, too). 3PO is still probably my favourite 1:6 that I've bought. Shame that the line seems to have died so soon for Tamashii. In addition to R2, I was hoping to see a Death Star droid and some others, but alas. Definitely agree on SSC's version not coming close. Pretty sure that they will be omitting a lot of details to keep the costs down.

Thanks for watching! So glad to now have this great figure in my collection.

Arrived this morning. It's phenomenal.

GoldenRod-3339_zpsf29fb318.jpg

Got my HLJ Threepio today and I must say he is amazing. One tiny scuff on the back of his left arm and a tiny black smudge in the finish at the back of the head are the only faults I can find with him. I'm really happy with my purchase.

Sent from atop my Dewback

Mine has been living in the box for a while but I took him out for air today. I've only had him on display for a couple weeks when I first got him. Did anyone who has had him displayed without a stand for a long time have any falls, or does he stand solid?

I've had mine standing on a shelf since purchase and he hasn't budged. Rock solid.

Hands down of of my favorite figures I own. Not necessarily my favorite character, but great figure. The two things I don't like about this figure is the eye color which I moded and the way you have to turn it on. They could have come up with a better way, over all it's kick@$$.
102_0088.jpg
102_0087.jpg

Just a quick question. Mine has some oily black smudges in the finish (they look like fingerprints) has any used anything to clean their figure? I don't want to use anything that may damage the finish.

Sent from atop my Dewback

Thanks for the feedback. I'm hoping that this is the majority's experience too

I was hesistant at first too. But after 'locking' the feet sideways and reposing 3PO slightly leaning back, he displays perfectly. The stand has never left the box since. :)

I was hesistant at first too. But after 'locking' the feet sideways and reposing 3PO slightly leaning back, he displays perfectly. The stand has never left the box since. :)
Yeah, that is the perfect clumsy pose without risk of falling. No need for the stand which I always hate.

Back