Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad it worked out Fiend, for the record the head on mine is what I'd call a smooth loose movement, holds a pose OK. And the ankles are pretty good on mine, but its one of the few I do use the stand on. I figure after a length of time he could take a dive, and that could be potentially disastrous, not just to the figure, but anything within its trajectory path!

Fiend - good to see you got a positive resolution in the end with your 3PO - & you're in the club now! :rock

Lejuan - a true gentleman. :lecture

Hey Fiend - I'm pretty sure the head & neck are die-cast, not plastic btw.

Correct me if I'm wrong there folks.. :monkey3

Glad it worked out Fiend, for the record the head on mine is what I'd call a smooth loose movement, holds a pose OK. And the ankles are pretty good on mine, but its one of the few I do use the stand on. I figure after a length of time he could take a dive, and that could be potentially disastrous, not just to the figure, but anything within its trajectory path!

Disastrous indeed. This thing would take out a shelf on the way down :lol

Fiend - good to see you got a positive resolution in the end with your 3PO - & you're in the club now! :rock

Lejuan - a true gentleman. :lecture

Hey Fiend - I'm pretty sure the head & neck are die-cast, not plastic btw.

Correct me if I'm wrong there folks.. :monkey3

The head is die-cast no doubt but the feel of the neck is plastic. Ill have to take a closer examination later on. I could be wrong ....

Anyway, it feels good to check one more character off the Star Wars Checklist. Only main characters that I love. No side characters with the exception of a few like Boba and maybe a Jawa. All killer, no filler if you will. :lol Corny, I know. Next up :Boba, Medi Yoda and further down the road with the Emporor, UU Han when he becomes even cheaper, R2 etc...

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
What are you talking about? Buy it? Your money is no good here. PM me your address details and I'll send it to you early next week :wave

I'm not a regular around these parts, but maybe I should be. Lejuan, that was mighty fine of you. Love to see this!:clap:clap

Fiend, I'm happy to hear of your resolution. I'm trying to get the best deal possible, so I'm thankful you shared your experience with the 'like new' purchase. Post some pics when you get a chance! Can't get enough of this figure!

Fiend, sorry to hear of your experiences with this figure. It's disapointing that somebody would just cram this figure back in the box. I'm glad things worked out and you're able to enjoy it. Fortunately it's not one of those figues you don't take out too much.

Here's a pic of the piece wedged into the foam and the arm. I already fixed it. Easy.

IMG_4150_zps59a81bc1.jpg

IMG_4153_zps553e945d.jpg

What are you talking about? Buy it? Your money is no good here. PM me your address details and I'll send it to you early next week :wave

That's what I love about this board. There are some really great people on here.

so, I just bought this last night for about $300, and look what I got. look close at the palm-hand, right one

IMG_1699_zpsfbed2cd5.jpg

I zoom it for you guys
IMG_1704_zpseb149f52.jpg

IMG_1707_zpsf09e00e5.jpg

so much for $300 figure :gah:

My little girl couldn't stop looking at him. :lol
That's awesome, Fiend. Always neat to try and imagine stuff like this from a kid's perspective.

The way I'll look at it is I bought a slightly less than perfect ( after the fixes) for nearly half off. I can live with that I think. And yeah, the 'like new" is a gamble but there have been more wins than duds. I think I've been the only one...
Yeah, I agree with you. Not really accurate of me to say it's a gamble when people paid $400.00 and received defective ones from Sideshow. :monkey4 I thought about that but only after I'd posted. Really all of this has just confirmed how random everything is.

Oh,man. Two left hands. Bummer. Where did you order from?

my local store.
thank God they do replacement-order, so tomorrow I'll take it to their store and let them check it. if it solid, then I'll get replacement
hope everything goes to plan :pray:

Could one of you fine gentlemen direct me to where I can get these "gels" for Threepios eyes and possibly anything else I need to know about them i.e color, installation etc.

For $3 or $4 you can buy a ROSCO sample book from Amazon, B&H, Adorama, etc... They used to be free but were somewhat abused. The rectangular size makes them perfect for using in front of a speedlight to modify the light output (see the Strobist blog for excellent tips).

They give them away for free at any stage prop store. Just ask for a gel swatch book.

A stage prop store in Baltimore? All we have here are liquor stores, pawn shops and bars. :lol

For $3 or $4 you can buy a ROSCO sample book from Amazon, B&H, Adorama, etc... They used to be free but were somewhat abused. The rectangular size makes them perfect for using in front of a speedlight to modify the light output (see the Strobist blog for excellent tips).

Amazon. And this book will have whatever I need? I'm on it.

Back