Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I concur. That base is far from par to match the quality of the figure itself. i display my 3PO next to Jabba's throne and he looks incredible all alone in that environment.

Well, someone had to get stuck with a dud. The head is a bit floppy, so are the ankle, missing restraining bolt, small piece that is broken off the arm and was literally wedged into the styrofoam by some Amazon warehouse worker, a few blemishes on the body. Yay.

How are the ankles and head on this thing?

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that, Fiend. Normally the head and ankles are fairly tight, but move smoothly and hold their position. The ankles cannot carry the figure's weight, however. I think thats a lot to ask considering how heavy he is. What I do is have Threepio's feet outward, like how he normally stands in the movies, so if he slightly shifts forward, the ankles won't give out under all his weight.

Is the arm piece something that can be repaired?

I think you should try and get an exchange regardless. I would think you have enough things wrong to warrant that, especially the missing restraining bolt.

Well, someone had to get stuck with a dud. The head is a bit floppy, so are the ankle, missing restraining bolt, small piece that is broken off the arm and was literally wedged into the styrofoam by some Amazon warehouse worker, a few blemishes on the body. Yay.

How are the ankles and head on this thing?

:( After all the anticipation that is shattering to open up the box and find all that going on. What's the CS policy, sounds to me like a clear case for a refund.

Amazon should have a good buyer protection for you.

Are loose ankles common with this guy?

After looking at it the piece on the arm is an easy fix. But the missing bolt and loose head and ankles is a bit of a downer. I think its the compilation of all those together that really get to me. The blemish on the leg I can deal with. Theres also one on the top of his head. I'm getting in touch with Amazon to see what I can do. Sorry, but missing pieces and broken parts isn't "like new".

But you know what really pisses me off? It's the part that was broken off, it wasn't laying in the tray like it got knocked off during delivery or something. No, it was wedged in the styrofoam. It broke off during repacking and someone said **** it and wedged it in the the styrofoam.

The head and ankles aren't the tightest joints around, but should definitely be able to hold a pose and support the figure. I'd try for a refund for sure and then re-order, but if you decide to hold onto it let me know - I'm sure I have a spare restraining bolt I can send your way.

Hey thanks a lot, Lejuan. Ill let you know. I can fix the arm piece. Maybe I'm overreacting about the ankles? He can stand due to the weight but I definitely wouldn't leave him that way over any extended period of time without the stand. Now the head I know I'm not overreacting on. As soon as I took it out the head flopped backwards and the neck is split down the seam. I can take the head off and snap the neck back together but as soon as I put the head back on the neck splits again. Its plastic so maybe some glue will do the job. Definitely want the bolt though, I had planned to display him with it. Their policy is that return shipping is payed by the buyer if it's a collectible but my case may be different? It should be IMO. Ill let you guys know.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

OK, Amazon for back to me. They can either give me a full refund OR $90.

Ill fix the arm, buy the restraining bolt from Lejuan. For $210 I can live with the other imperfections, but not for $300. Ill use the $90 to buy another Star Wars figure. :rock
Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

$210 is not bad at all. :clap

I know there's a certain "bad taste" now, but that will pass in time. I'm sure you'll come to really love this figure.

I still need one myself. Not sure if your experience helps or hurts my view of the "like new" on Amazon.

Sorry to hear that they were so slovenly with the QC on your purchase, Fiend (though I can see at $210.00 it's worth the compromise if it's stuff you can fix/easily overlook). "Like new" does seem like a bit of a gamble, though -- especially if it's the case that the buyer pays shipping if you want to return it.

$210 is not bad at all. :clap

I know there's a certain "bad taste" now, but that will pass in time. I'm sure you'll come to really love this figure.
I still need one myself. Not sure if your experience helps or hurts my view of the "like new" on Amazon.

I think it will too. After posing him and putting him on the stand he looks magnificent. You couldn't tell anything is wrong with him. I did because I know the character and the figure, I poured over endless pics etc. The part on the arm can look as good as new with a dab of glue and a steady hand. Same with the neck Im certain. Those two can be fixed and I'll need the restraining bolt. The things that can't be fixed are the two imperfections on the leg and head. The one is on his from left shin and the other is at the top of his head where the head can be separated. I think after a while I'll never notice them. It's just with a newish $300 figure you'll notice anything wrong. The eyes work great and are brighter than I suspected.

My little girl couldn't stop looking at him. :lol

Sorry to hear that they were so slovenly with the QC on your purchase, Fiend (though I can see at $210.00 it's worth the compromise if it's stuff you can fix/easily overlook). "Like new" does seem like a bit of a gamble, though -- especially if it's the case that the buyer pays shipping if you want to return it.

The way I'll look at it is I bought a slightly less than perfect ( after the fixes) for nearly half off. I can live with that I think. And yeah, the 'like new" is a gamble but there have been more wins than duds. I think I've been the only one.

I could very well be overreacting with the ankles ( I'll have to watch more video reviews) but you have to understand the first thing I saw when I opened the box was the broken piece of arm wedged in the styrofoam, then when I took him out of the tray his head flopped backwards, the next thing I saw was the neck split at the seam. So before I could even marvel at the figure he already had 3 strikes against him. After that I think I saw imperfection everywhere. :lol

But I'll fix what I can, take my $90 and in a week or two I'll feel better.

Ill fix the arm, buy the restraining bolt from Lejuan. For $210 I can live with the other imperfections, but not for $300. Ill use the $90 to buy another Star Wars figure. :rock

What are you talking about? Buy it? Your money is no good here. PM me your address details and I'll send it to you early next week :wave

I can't thank you enough. :)

No worries at all, happy to be able to do what I can to make your 3PO experience a good one. I was being a bit naughty by not destroying that piece for my sideshow refund, so it's only fair to pass it on to someone who needs it.

^ Your the best. :1-1:

And bloody hell is this thing heavy! I nearly forgot until I handled him again just now. WIth the $90 lessening the blow and being away from home for a few hours Im really warming up to him. I don't want to turn off his eyes. :lol

Back