Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished the eye mod. PJB-1138's instructions made it really easy (thank you!!) and it definitely makes an already A+ figure marginally better.

b00efef61b4d143199a6f5315ce9faf0_zps4c597558.jpg

I don't know if it's just the exposure of the photo, Pix, but I think you can go with a darker color.

It is richer in person. The colors in my pic are a bit washed out. The gel I used was #321 Soft Golden Amber, which I think was the same you had recommended.

Not "gel" but "gels" - lighting gels specifically. Colored transparent/translucent colored thin "plastic" sheets used as lighting modifiers in theater/production and photography.

Came out of the droid closet and showed it to my wife.... And lived. I think it helped that I bought her a new sofa set today. :lol

My Threepiop arrived today from Amazon and all is well as far as the figure and packaging and yes I hide it from the wife as well.

Very impressed with the everything about it from the packaging, to the figure itself and the accessories. I can almost justify the $280.00 spent.

I just hope R2 and Threepio are it through Tamashii Nations. I honestly don't see anyone willing to drop $400 on 4-LOM , R5-D4 , Death Star Droid ect....

Plus I think Sideshow would be screwing themselves if they went that route because it would take a very long time for those characters to sell through. Like a few years.

Just the super expensive ones I bring home on her birthday. :lol

:lol Gotcha.

I dont hide them from my wife but there are maybe certain onea i simply dont tell her about. She'll notice them like 2 weeks later on the shelf. :lol

My Threepiop arrived today from Amazon and all is well as far as the figure and packaging and yes I hide it from the wife as well.

Very impressed with the everything about it from the packaging, to the figure itself and the accessories. I can almost justify the $280.00 spent.

I just hope R2 and Threepio are it through Tamashii Nations. I honestly don't see anyone willing to drop $400 on 4-LOM , R5-D4 , Death Star Droid ect....

Plus I think Sideshow would be screwing themselves if they went that route because it would take a very long time for those characters to sell through. Like a few years.

Cool. Glad everything turned out OK.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

...I just hope R2 and Threepio are it through Tamashii Nations. I honestly don't see anyone willing to drop $400 on 4-LOM , R5-D4 , Death Star Droid ect...
Glad everything arrived safe and sound, Lordscum. You guys have definitely taught me a lesson -- no more buying full price via SSC. I'm still kinda OK with it just because mine arrived in great shape and I had the convenience of flex. Next time, though, it'll definitely be an independent dealer.

If R2 comes out as I hope he will, I have to say I would be down for a Tamashii Death Star Droid, Gonk Droid and R5-D4 (have never cared for 4-LOM's design). Loved those bots as a kid and would like to have them on display. Especially if they could be gotten for less than $300.00 (Gonk Droid for maybe less than $200.00... seems a simple design), I'd have no problem with that given the pace of releases and incredible quality.

I hide my stuff from my wife as well and when she does notice, I just pray she doesn't ask about the price. So far so good with my 3PO.

Glad everything arrived safe and sound, Lordscum. You guys have definitely taught me a lesson -- no more buying full price via SSC. I'm still kinda OK with it just because mine arrived in great shape and I had the convenience of flex. Next time, though, it'll definitely be an independent dealer.

You know I'm with you there :lol

Honestly though, this is one piece where even sideshow's price wouldn't take the gloss off the enjoyment for me. If it can be measured in such a way, I'd say that this figure is twice as good as any figure I'd put next to it. Tomorrow is the first day since I got it that I'll be able to permanently remove it from its box for display, I'm looking forward to it :)

Agreed! One of the best if not THE best 1/6th SW figures ever.

Glad you finally have all the dust settled and can enjoy. I just went back to Detroit this past week and got to open mine and I have to say, I was just friggin blown away. Really hoping to see R2 next month in SD. Pleasepleasepleaseplease......

R2 is going to be really interesting I think. He'll have more in the way of accessories like maybe removable arms etc.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

I was happy to go via Sideshow, the Flexpay made it easier for this figure. Saying that it was a lot dearer than other e-tailers.

Can't believe the quality of this Threepio, it's a class act.

I'll probably get R2 but the scale compared to Threepio will need to be right.

Based on the awesome quality of 3PO, I have high expectations for the R2. I really can't wait to get him, these will be the ultimate 1/6 droids to have. I have a buddy still on the fence about getting it (even though he's a big star wars fan), little does he know.

Back