Statue Takeya Alien Bust 1/2 scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaijuboy

Super Freak
Reaction score
Finally got a hold of one my most sought after "grail" pieces, and thought I'd share some picks of this (as there aren't many around). I've always been fond of this unique (and official!) take on the Alien as it retains all that is "alien" and just increases the details to the "Nth" degree. Its an incredibly detailed piece that really must be seen in person to appreciate all the intricacies.

Pretty much "factory" paint scheme except I touched up original paint (highlights, washes), tinted the dome more, and glossed the whole thing over extensively.

TakeyaRS.jpg

TakeyaLSA.jpg

TakeyaCloseupclosed.jpg

No Sideshow "Apple", but here's an orange (California Navel before anyone asks! ;) ) for scale:

TakeyaRSA.jpg

A top shot of the best interior skull detail on any Alien piece I have every seen.
TakeyaTop.jpg

As well as an incredibly detailed back:
TakeyaBack.jpg

Mouth is completely pose-able with a retractable inner mouth:

TakeyaCloseupmouth.jpg

And for you horror fans, here is just a sample of how this arrived to me: :horror

TakeyaDamagedFace.jpg

Yeah, lots of facial reconstruction and re-sculpting had to be done, but this was too rare of a piece for me to write off.

Last edited:
Very nice! Did you know it was arriving like that or was the damage a nasty surprise?

No, the piece was purchased as "like new", the damage was a present from the mailman... :slap

Needless to say I got a good refund back, but didnt want to do a whole write-off as they then keep/destroy the piece entirely, which is something I definitely did not want them to do, especially when I could salvage it.

Nice. I've been working on the kit version for 2 years. I've also got Takeya's companion Predator bust. Both are very detailed original design pieces. Congrats.

Nice. I've been working on the kit version for 2 years. I've also got Takeya's companion Predator bust. Both are very detailed original design pieces. Congrats.

You should finish it up, its such an awesome piece! The Predator bust is very nice as well, but I've yet to find one pop up anywhere, and I'm scared the price wont be pretty considering it retailed for $600 back in 2006. :monkey1 :panic:

Is the jaw hinged or is it a swap out piece? Beautiful! Congrats.

The jaw is fully hinged so you can have closed, fully opened, or anything in between. The tongue also slides out as little or much as you'd like.

Is their a 1:1 version?

Unfortunately no (otherwise I'd have it! :monkey3 ). There was a fan 1/1 scale version made, but it was made of latex as a mask, and had no clear carapace or any skull detail (just a solid head), and was pretty much just the head. Still a nice piece, but wasnt for me at the price it was going for $600+ at the time for a latex piece. Sabres had one as did Ringu Girl from the statueforums, so there might be pictures in their collections threads.

Beautiful piece....love takeyas alien....hope hot toys does his al%en too....as a whole figure, that is

The skull on thing thing looks insane! Oh and great job on the reconstructive work and re~paint as well!

Back