Take the QMx Star Trek: TOS character survey

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Voted Uhura.
However, if my finances allow it, I'll go for the entire main cast (Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Scotty, Sulu, Uhura and Chekov).

This poll is odd in that Scotty and Sulu have been shown publicly — multiple times — and worrisome in that polling on figures thus revealed suggests you might not release them.

They give the option for None of the above... why not All of the above? It seems pretty clear that QMX isn’t sure about continuing with this line.

I think it's tempting for QMX to try and complete the entire bridge crew... but it doing so run the risk of dwindling sales when you cater to that completist niche group.

I think generally there is more interest in collecting another Kirk or Mr. Spock from a specific episode or movie than Chekov or Sulu.

Just my opinion.

This poll is worrisome.... i fear the end is near here. But I was speculating that recently in the qmx trek thread.
After all of the rarity behind khan they touted to have sideshow basically blowing them out it has me worried.

Trek just doesn’t seem to have a leg to stand on in the last 20 plus years. Disappointing.

I voted uhhra myself

It is possible that this survey just gives an indication that all the figures are ready for production, I suppose, and they want to drum up some interest after a 3 month break.

What I don't want is the Wolverine vs Xmen scenario where the Internet is awash with more Kirks and Spocks than all the other characters put together!

Yeah, I'm def not gonna buy any more Kirk and Spock. I wanted to buy TWOK ones but those prototype sculpts are very disappointing so I've just deleted them from my "want to" list for now. Maybe I'll change my mind when they're announced and them sculpts are different, who knows.

Yeah, I'm def not gonna buy any more Kirk and Spock. I wanted to buy TWOK ones but those prototype sculpts are very disappointing so I've just deleted them from my "want to" list for now. Maybe I'll change my mind when they're announced and them sculpts are different, who knows.

I'd be very tempted by TWOK Kirk, Spock, McCoy, and Saavik but not before the TOS crew is done please! I expect I'll need a custom Chapel as it is.

It is possible that this survey just gives an indication that all the figures are ready for production, I suppose, and they want to drum up some interest after a 3 month break.

Had the same thought, to be honest.

This poll is worrisome.... i fear the end is near here. But I was speculating that recently in the qmx trek thread.
After all of the rarity behind khan they touted to have sideshow basically blowing them out it has me worried.

Trek just doesn’t seem to have a leg to stand on in the last 20 plus years. Disappointing.

I voted uhhra myself

I thought the same thing, as soon as I saw the poll. I voted for Kang, just to have another "baddie" in the mix.

I would have preferred a Christopher Pike in wheel chair with the pair of Talosians.

Does this have any implications for the TNG line? Maybe people only want the top two or three characters from each crew - I know I do.

Yeah personally I think it would be smarter to focus on the more popular characters first from across the franchise, to keep the interest up and to make sure they actually get made.

Because I'd hate for QMX to think collectors suddenly weren't interested in Trek anymore simply because not all of us wanted to get every supporting character.

Yeah personally I think it would be smarter to focus on the more popular characters first from across the franchise, to keep the interest up and to make sure they actually get made.

Because if characters like McCoy and Khan didn't sell well, I can only imagine how badly a Scotty or Sulu would do.

That might be true. Khan would not have realised large sales in any event but did they still fall below expectations? Is it also the case that McCoy didn't sell as well as hoped?

I don't agree with focusing solely on your most popular figures though. Once costumes and equipment have been designed you just have to replicate. It seems silly to spend money on designing new outfits and equipment.

That said, it's hard to what the overheads are to print each new sculpt. Maybe they need to hold some back and release the characters in several waves, one when first released and a second wave once all the figures have been released for those that delayed or missed the first run.

Back