takara batman begins again

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the tip Bigfoot-X. I'm getting the rerelease and I wasn't looking forward to trashing the box. That's a good idea.:cool:

Greetings from Malaysia!

I came across this board and been reading some of the topics of interest for the past couple of days.

All I can say is "WOW!" - some of you have got awesome skills with sculpting, repaints etc. Looking forward to more!

I'm a collector myself, but nothing really specific - whatever catches my eye so I have have stuff from 1/6th figures, to Transformers movie toys etc.

Those who've missed out on getting the TAKARA, this is your chance. The moment I saw pics of it online, I knew this was the one! IMO, it just blew away the competition (HOT TOYS and MEDICOM). This was the "original"/first release that I have here. I'm thinking about getting a 2nd piece and keep it MIB but the price, giving me 2nd thoughts - can use that same amount of money for a different figure or two!

Now, back to the topic at hand, I noticed that some of you guys complained about having to destroy the tray for the TAKARA Batman accessories. Here's an alternative way, hopefully, preserving the box as much as possible.

TAKARA.jpg

I was stumped on the best way to open the tray to get my paws on the accessories, finally, I thought this was the best solution:

TAKARACut01.jpg

What I did was make 2 cuts along the top of the tray (as shown in the red circles). You have to be really careful, and get a sharp knife/blade and depending how neat you are - which I wasn't as I didn't get a straight cut.

TAKARACut02.jpg

Benefits?

TAKARACut03.jpg

You get a little flap/cover, and you can still slide the tray in and out. Since most boxes would probably be stored upright, no chance of the tray and gear slipping out (since its a pretty tight fit in there as well).

Sorry about the blur photos, its about 3am here right now and I just got back from work. My cameraphone doesn't work that well with nightshots.

Hope this "visual guide" helps!

Awesome, and Thank You!

I would also like to know the answer to this. If they just charge you whenever without giving any sort of notice this could cause me some problems.

they have to let us know because I preordered from BBTS and did not give them any cc information so they have nothing to charge.

I would also like to know the answer to this. If they just charge you whenever without giving any sort of notice this could cause me some problems.

BBTS usually sends a message saying that the item has arrived. Usually, there is enough time to cancel the item before it ships if you don't want it.

they have to let us know because I preordered from BBTS and did not give them any cc information so they have nothing to charge.

If you've ordered from them in the past, they will charge the credit card on file.

Nice first post indeed! I so can not wait to pick this bad boy up! I hope he comes out in 4-5 months... cause I have so many things on order. :monkey1

never ordered from them before but I won't be canceling this one. looking forward to it!

They tend to be a little higher in price then other places, but they are very friendly and package the items securely. I have never had a problem with them.

Nice first post indeed! I so can not wait to pick this bad boy up! I hope he comes out in 4-5 months... cause I have so many things on order. :monkey1

Thanks guys! Just trying to help out fellow collectors! :D

4 to 5 months? Is it going to be that far off? I thought it was going to be much sooner. Of course I base this off the ad on xl-shop.com which says February.

I remember reading some earlier posts that there were speculations if the ad was a fake (the one with the typo for SHADOW, typed as SAHDOW).

Let me tell you guys, I'm in the same country where XL-Shop is based and they get their shipments fast! Maybe it might take it longer to reach you guys as you have to import it in the US of A, and Hong Kong/Japan is on this side of the world :)

They've already received their shipment of 2 in 1 Hot Toys Superman/Clark Kent and its sold out on their website.

https://www.xltoysforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=4539

I ordered the Superman re-release from another store, which is closer to where I live but I'm wondering if I should have ordered from XL-Shop instead!

If their site is any indication, I'm thinking February to March 2008 for arrival. Get those wallets and credit cards ready! It's probably going to be sooner than you think!

Thanks guys! Just trying to help out fellow collectors! :D

4 to 5 months? Is it going to be that far off? I thought it was going to be much sooner. Of course I base this off the ad on xl-shop.com which says February.

I remember reading some earlier posts that there were speculations if the ad was a fake (the one with the typo for SHADOW, typed as SAHDOW).

Let me tell you guys, I'm in the same country where XL-Shop is based and they get their shipments fast! Maybe it might take it longer to reach you guys as you have to import it in the US of A, and Hong Kong/Japan is on this side of the world :)

They've already received their shipment of 2 in 1 Hot Toys Superman/Clark Kent and its sold out on their website.

https://www.xltoysforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=4539

I ordered the Superman re-release from another store, which is closer to where I live but I'm wondering if I should have ordered from XL-Shop instead!

If their site is any indication, I'm thinking February to March 2008 for arrival. Get those wallets and credit cards ready! It's probably going to be sooner than you think!

Oh no... when I say 4-5 months, that is what I am hoping for. I want them to delay Takara Bats because I have a Stealth Iron Man (300), Black Cat comiquette (125), friend's Endoskeleton (450), and Hot Toys Cannibal Jack (130) all on preorder. Those are coming out in the months of January through to March. I just don't know how I'll be able to keep all of them. Plus, I also have a game worn hockey jersey (500) on hold for me at my local team store, and I am still contemplating getting the Thing PF which is another 325 smackers!

I got myself in a really tight spot.

So for my sake, I am hoping that some things get delayed.

To further fuel anticipation for this fig...

I may have mentioned this before, forgive me if I'm repeating myself.

If you're thinking of a bruce wayne kitbash with the extra head, do pick up a barrack sergeant body and toy soldier suit.

Reasons why I'm recommending this: Height wise, the body would be comparable if Takara Bats were to remove his boots. Also, the barrack sgt body will be an accurate representation of the height difference between Bruce and Clark, if you intend to pose them together.

The toy soldier suits have been released recently and should be still widely available.

Last edited:
I'm a newbie here. If anyone finds a link where the BB figure will have a nice deal on it please post. Thanks a bunch.

Yes, if it's something ordinary. This figure is completely detailed. Not too mention excellent craftsmanship.

Back