Swtoys 1/6 Scale Lady Adler RDR 2 figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Asta this might belong in the video game section since it's an RDR2 thread?

In any case, hopefully OSK also gets theirs in this week. I have too many pre-orders. Would love to start crossing them off my list.

Got my invoice from Kit. Was really hoping to see production pictures before I closed it out but whatever, I’ll roll the dice. She’ll look nice with Arthur and John, it’ll be a good looking trio on display.

This is the only photo Kit's shown so far:

297842449_5406158509474356_5813415622122718767_n.jpg

He may have one of his 'out of the box videos' on his channel later:

https://www.youtube.com/user/chunkaikit/videos

Got my invoice from Kit. Was really hoping to see production pictures before I closed it out but whatever, I’ll roll the dice. She’ll look nice with Arthur and John, it’ll be a good looking trio on display.
Knowing which bodies SW uses, my guess is she'll be almost 2 inches shorter than those two. She'll look like a child standing beside them. lol

I really hope that they fixed the head to be more like Sadie.. currently, the head looks more like the actor herself

Kit put a video up for this on his YouTube channel. Honestly, it doesn't look bad. The hands not matching the skin tone of the body is an eyesore but really that was what stood out the me the most in terms of negative. For an SW Toys release it looks to be pretty decent for a quick look.

Kit put a video up for this on his YouTube channel. Honestly, it doesn't look bad. The hands not matching the skin tone of the body is an eyesore but really that was what stood out the me the most in terms of negative. For an SW Toys release it looks to be pretty decent for a quick look.

The accessories except the shotgun are recast from VTS, they used our buttons for the shirt, the tailoring is alright but the color of the gunbelt is wrong, the sculpt resembles her a bit I suppose but not really accurate and I don't like the rooted hair and how the back of the head is sloppily painted brown, the body is what you expect with SW so a body swap is necessary if you want something more accurate in scaling and without the skin tone mismatch.

Overall it's just a standard SW release, mediocre but a good starting point if you want to make a custom Sadie, and before anyone asks no I don't think a LIM Sadie is in the cards unfortunately.

I haven't decided what I'm going to do with her yet.

She's yet another figure I ordered but no longer really want or have any need for. So it's a case of trying to rescue her from doom, or breaking her down and using the parts for something else.

Originally I was thinking of a True Grit Mattie Ross type character.

Looks like the funny little SW hat will have to go, because it's perched up there like...

686554.jpg

I've tried the Thunder Toys Carter Slade fabric hat on some female sculpts and it gives the oversized impression of Hailee Steinfeld's version:

matty True-Grit-Hailee-Steinfeld-600x338.jpg

matty.jpg

A women in trousers is passable for mavericks like Calamity Jane, or for wilderness wear.

matty2.jpg

However, she may have been barred from certain 'civilised' districts:

Various US cities, in the 19th and 20th centuries, passed legislation barring women from wearing trousers. Representative among these was an 1863 law passed by San Francisco's Board of Supervisors criminalizing appearing in public in "a dress not belonging to his or her sex", although similar laws existed in Columbus, Ohio (passed 1848); Chicago, Illinois (passed 1851); Houston, Texas (passed 1864); Orlando, Florida (passed 1907), and approximately two dozen other US cities.[5] (Anti-crossdressing laws continued to pass well into the 20th century, with Detroit, Michigan, and Miami, Florida, passing laws as late as the 1950s, and Cincinnati, Ohio, passing one in 1974.[5])

Additionally, existing laws such as anti-vagrancy statutes were pressed into service to ensure that women would dress in accord with the gender norms of the time. One such instance would be New York's anti-vagrancy statute of 1845, which stated that "Every person who, having his face painted, discolored, covered or concealed, or being otherwise disguised, in a manner calculated to prevent him from being identified, shall appear in any road or public highway, or in any field, lot, wood or inclosure, may be pursued and arrested”.[6] This law was used to prosecute women for cross-dressing, on the grounds that their dressing outside of gender norms constituted a "disguise".[2] Boston used similar anti-vagrancy laws to arrest Emma Snodgrass and Harriet French in 1852. (Snodgrass would be arrested again in Cleveland in 1853, and French would be arrested again in New York in 1856.) French reportedly broke with convention in order to pursue job opportunities open only to men: she claimed to the New York Daily Times that she could "get more wages" dressed as a man.[7]

Anti-vagrancy laws were also used to arrest Jennie Westbrook in New York, in 1882 and 1883. Westbrook's case was said at the time to have "awakened deep interest" among the public, as it was understood that she was attempting to "escape from that bondage [to] which social laws have subjected the sex". Like Harriet French in Boston, Westbrook identified work opportunities as her reason for cross-dressing: "Her excuse was that she could make $20 a week in her disguise, while as a 'saleslady' in a fashionable store the pay would be only one-third that amount."[8]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trousers_as_women's_clothing#Changing_norms

I might take off her tied down, gunslinging gun belt, and leave her with just the long barrelled shotgun. The gun belt will probably be too small for a male figure, so it'll be wasted unless I can adapt CGL's Carl Grimes into a Billy the Kid type.

I thought maybe SW will try to improve it like waht they are doing now with the RE line.
But it didn't happen so.. that's what we have.
It's pretty standart, nothing special or too accurate.. I would give it 4.5-5/10.

The accessories except the shotgun are recast from VTS, they used our buttons for the shirt, the tailoring is alright but the color of the gunbelt is wrong, the sculpt resembles her a bit I suppose but not really accurate and I don't like the rooted hair and how the back of the head is sloppily painted brown, the body is what you expect with SW so a body swap is necessary if you want something more accurate in scaling and without the skin tone mismatch.

Overall it's just a standard SW release, mediocre but a good starting point if you want to make a custom Sadie, and before anyone asks no I don't think a LIM Sadie is in the cards unfortunately.
Have you tried to ask the rest of the team about it? I think it could sell nice after you release JM.. It would go very cool as a set imo :sneaky:

Now that it's not midnight I took another look at the video with fresh eyes, and yeah there's definitely more flaws I'm seeing. As Asta pointed out, that hat really doesn't sit right and it's definitely too small. Which is a shame, since I'm sure most people would want the hat on. Maybe there's generic cowboy hats out there to buy to replace it?

Skin tone not matching between the hands and arms still annoys me. I hate when companies get lazy and do that. I also didn't notice the back of the head last night. They did do a nice job with her braid but as R_R_X pointed out they were really lazy and just threw some brown paint on the back of the head, which I guess doesn't really matter all that much but it's still just lazy.

The out and weapons do look nice and I really don't think the sculpt is bad and will probably look better in person as opposed to that video.

With a body swap and a replacement hat I do think this can be a decent figure because the outfit and head are good enough to get by. Considering the standard was like $150 it's not the end of the world. Especially if LIM genuinely won't make her.

Back