SW PT vs. ST

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PT or ST?

• Total voters
Well now that I learned of the existence of the Jedi Order Restricted Section in ROTS it is a no brainer now:

PT > ST

How the hell did Lucas and Lucasfilm under Disney KEEP the freaking Jedi Order Restricted Section a SECRET for 15 years until it was brilliantly discovered by the SWT guy HOW!

How did none of the PT diehards or SW in general diehards here in the forum NOT MENTION THAT ONCE in the past 12 years since I have been here!

I totally support the current campaign that SWT guy needs to hired by Lucasfilm to head the story group!

SWT guy > Favreu > Filoni > Khev > ajp > JAWS > Difabio

Guys no offense but please take a seat ignore Anakin choking Padme and watch as SWT guy is crowned Slayer of Hidalgo!

Last edited:
jye your new avatar and sig are freaking hilarious. :lol

Pablo should make your sig his banner for his private Twitter account so that's all people like SWT see when they click on his profile, lol.

Last edited:
Hmmm

If I go by the logic of how many movies from each trilogy I liked, then it would be a tie because I liked revenge of the sith a lot and I liked the Force Awakens a lot.

But if I go by which feels more like Star Wars to me, Prequel Trilogy all the way.

I wish the sequel trilogy could get a restart, keep the same characters, but write them differently. I had high hopes for Finn and Poe and even Rey, but man did they just start to go downhill after FA.

I think they hired the wrong people to handle the ST, look at the amazing **** they accomplished with Mando.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. Re TFA, I liked Ridley's Rey. The whole concept. I must be into folks chucking their lives for something better, because one of the appeals of Din D'jarin's character for me is, he pretty well sez *&^% it and goes to snatch the Child. Well, re TFA, was so excited about Finn's character. Not only was there focus on a lowly anonymous Stormtrooper, this one was chucking it all for - something. Far as I know, that's the first time in SW focus was on one of these characters I'd seen so much of, but always anonymous and in a helmet. Humor isn't easy to do, but Boyega managed to be dramatic and funny both.

Kylo was really interesting - young, volatile, dangerous, and tormented. Then there was the sneering Hux and Phasma and Snoke. When I think about what might have been....d@mmit.:gah:

But, overall, in the end, I gotta choose the PT. Because u gotta give me a script, and story. Whatever issues the PT has - rewatching - I get the sense of commitment of someone telling a story. There are arcs, and follow-throughs; characters stay in character (well, most of the time; Padme is frustrating for me...). And the amount of detail and imagination of the the world-building, characters, and sets, even by today's standards, is staggering. E.g., however things turned out, someone gave a &^% about what they were doing.

And there are some beautiful mournful scenes, like when Obi-Wan turns the baby Luke over to his family - it's brief, but I really get the sense from that scene that everything has truly fallen, but there's this tiny bit of hope that the prophecy will come true, just not the way Qui-Gon understood.

:lol :lol :lol

As I was creating that all I had were 3 things in my head:

Khev
ajp
JAWS

lol

I am still flabbergasted that I missed that comment from SWT guy in his 3 minute video because he said it so fast so when ajp brought it here my jaw was on the ground I was laughing so hard at ajp reaction.

Last edited:
Well now that I learned of the existence of the Jedi Order Restricted Section in ROTS it is a no brainer now:

PT > ST

How the hell did Lucas and Lucasfilm under Disney KEEP the freaking Jedi Order Restricted Section a SECRET for 15 years until it was brilliantly discovered by the SWT guy HOW!

How did none of the PT diehards or SW in general diehards here in the forum NOT MENTION THAT ONCE in the past 12 years since I have been here!

I totally support the current campaign that SWT guy needs to hired by Lucasfilm to head the story group!

Guys no offense but please take a seat ignore Anakin choking Padme and watch as SWT guy is crowned Slayer of Hidalgo!

:lol :lol :lol :lol

I am literally :lol

Indeed, lol.

The Jedi Order Restricted Section is my new favorite thing in all of Star Wars. :lol

We all owe ajp so much for such a wonderful gift lol

OK, I finally tracked down SWT's 3 minute video. Hilarious! I think we need to get t-shirts made - Jedi Order Restricted Section on the front, AJP Is My Master Now on the back.

OK, I finally tracked down SWT's 3 minute video. Hilarious! I think we need to get t-shirts made - Jedi Order Restricted Section on the front, AJP Is My Master Now on the back.

Anakin not getting on the council and being neglected access to the Jedi Order Restricted Darth Plageuis section of life granting secrets:

"What how can you do this, it's outrageous, it's unfair how can you be on the council and not be a master!"

1 hour later:

0AB99CA2-F531-46B9-8A1D-0D6B8E05F56F.jpg

PT > ST

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

jye your new avatar and sig are freaking hilarious. :lol

It's killing me every time I see those. :lol Every. Damn. Time.

Pablo should make your sig his banner for his private Twitter account so that's all people like SWT see when they click on his profile, lol.

Oh man! Can you imagine!? I'd have to become a Hidalgo fan if he did that. Too good of a troll at that point, no matter how obnoxious he is.

I can't believe you actually zoned in on his comment had you missed it like I did none of us would be celebrating this HUGE revelation!

I can't believe you actually zoned in on his comment had you missed it like I did none of us would be celebrating this HUGE revelation!

Khev was on it at the same time. It wouldn't have passed by unchallenged, no worries there.

Did Khev catch it I missed it if he did but I wouldn't be shocked if he did.

Holy crap when you came back here with your reaction I WAS IN TEARS.

You were like....

Did he just say Jedi Order Restricted Section

LOLOLOLOL

Anakin was seduced to the dark side by being denied access to the
Jedi Order Restricted Section of Darth Plageuis life giving secrets.

2F6D170F-E2E5-4A40-8438-9D74D07A4864.jpeg

Last edited:
Khev was on it at the same time. It wouldn't have passed by unchallenged, no worries there.

I didn't fully grasp the hilarity of him using the term Restricted Section until you pointed it out though, lol.

What is that the back room of the Jedi vault that has protective sleeves covering the explicit covers of some of the racier Jedi texts. :lol

I wonder what the same poll would result in 15 years from now...?

I do think the PT has the advantage of The Clone Wars and other cartoons that people consider "part" of the PT.

I probably would have reconsidered had this poll been about the entire Disney Wars (including RO and Solo and Mandalorian). Hell, RO and Mando alone would have me tip the scales.

I didn't fully grasp the hilarity of him using the term Restricted Section until you pointed it out though, lol.

What is that the back room of the Jedi vault that has protective sleeves covering the explicit covers of some of the racier Jedi texts. :lol

Yes and after the LFL acquisition KK oversaw its dismantling and painstakingly accurate reconstruction inside the Disney vault...right next to Walt's cryogenically frozen corpse. :D

Back