Superman best statues?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terminus

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hi, I collect Sideshow PFs, and I have always wanted a 1/4 scale, preferably mixed-media version of Superman. Any suggestions on some of the best superman statues out there?

This one?

cmq_reeve.jpg

DSC05806.jpg
[
DSC05808.jpg
[
DSC05812.jpg
DSC05814.jpg
this IMO is the best superman statue ,sculpted by Kent Melton back in the 90s ,hense the mulet ,and release by a small french company in a limited edition of 500 or 600 statues ,its got it all ,powerfull ,elegent ,great size ,superstar sculpter working on a superstar hero,in a very small run edition that was only avaliable in france in a time before the world wide web

DSC05806.jpg
[
DSC05808.jpg
[
DSC05812.jpg
DSC05814.jpg
this IMO is the best superman statue ,sculpted by Kent Melton back in the 90s ,hense the mulet ,and release by a small french company in a limited edition of 500 or 600 statues ,its got it all ,powerfull ,elegent ,great size ,superstar sculpter working on a superstar hero,in a very small run edition that was only avaliable in france in a time before the world wide web

Uh....this is very much like a statue from the WB store from the 90's & you can get it off eBay from <$175 these days, I just got one a few months ago...
sm1.jpg

sm2.jpg

sm5.jpg

That one has a different base, but from the look of the pics you posted no proper insignia on the cape:
sm4.jpg

The DCD Museum scale statue is horrid. Don't believe the hype, its horrible. I've seen people repaint the face to look better but its definitely lacking. Its not 1/4 but the two best out there are the

Jim Lee Superman Statue:
SupermanJimLee2.jpg

or the Superman vs. Wonder Woman statue:
statue49.jpg

looking at Superman, I keep on thinking how amazing he would be as a Sideshow Premium Format due to his clothing. Anyone wanna sell me that Jim Lee Superman statue, I like it!

Superman Forever is a beauty, but its only 1/6 scale.

I agree the Jim Lee Hush statue is the best on the market today.

I have that jim Lee superman and it's really really amazing - might be looking to sell it depending on some things so keep an eye out in the sale section

Superman Forever is a beauty, but its only 1/6 scale.

I agree the Jim Lee Hush statue is the best on the market today.

Still, a great statue. Here's my Superman statues:
DSCN0068-1.jpg

DSCN0065.jpg

I have the Koto flying from the ceiling in another room, but it's only a so-so piece.

Uh....this is very much like a statue from the WB store from the 90's & you can get it off eBay from <$175 these days, I just got one a few months ago...
sm1.jpg

sm2.jpg

sm5.jpg

That one has a different base, but from the look of the pics you posted no proper insignia on the cape:
sm4.jpg

yes your right ,the difference is in the fact Kent Melton sculpted this for warners ,they didnt know what to do with it after the Death of Superman thing ,and he went back to his non mullet style ,so the sculpt got reduced in size from 16 inch to around 12 inch and got a new head and base ,i can only imagine that Melton had no part in these changes ,as he removed his name from the revised piece ,to the best of my recollection the only use for the Melton original sculpt was a couple of PVC figures on sale at 6 flags parks
DSC05813.jpg
DSC05759.jpg

Still, a great statue. Here's my Superman statues:
DSCN0068-1.jpg

DSCN0065.jpg

I have the Koto flying from the ceiling in another room, but it's only a so-so piece.

I love those Justice League maquettes! My favorite is the original Superman Animated Series maquette from the WB store -- I have it boxed up but I may need to put it back up on the shelf after seeing all these great pics.

its ok mate its your IMHO, concerning to my IMHO its perfect than the others that i see picts in this thread :D

DSC_0802.jpg

updatedsupes2.jpg

Superman-Cinemaquette-16.jpg

I like the cine Superman, the form of the body and the head are just amazing. Only problem is its $2000. Times like these make me wish Sideshow had the DC licence and made PF version of Superman!

Back