Super Duck 1/6 Ms Marvel [SUD-SET066]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I couldn't resist and ordered another set from the bay 😁 I put it on the S23 body I had and, it also looks great! Again, it looks fitting for Ms Marvel; I think both the S43 and S23 are adequate for her, since in the comics she's variably drawn and in my opinion both those bodies reflect that (and potentially others can too). One nit I have with the 43 is that the fixed feet make it troublesome to stand up the figure, but with the detachable feet of the 23 it stands well and has more articulation.

I couldn't resist and ordered another set from the bay 😁 I put it on the S23 body I had and, it also looks great! Again, it looks fitting for Ms Marvel; I think both the S43 and S23 are adequate for her, since in the comics she's variably drawn and in my opinion both those bodies reflect that (and potentially others can too). One nit I have with the 43 is that the fixed feet make it troublesome to stand up the figure, but with the detachable feet of the 23 it stands well and has more articulation.
Congrats!

Maybe share some side by side pics when you have time

Here she is with the S23! She looks fantastic too!!!!!!!!!! I think I'll end up sticking with this setup! :D:D:D:D

(Still haven't messed with the mask yet though :LOL:)

Dl7r0An.jpg

W2qfJLv.jpg

dD4GS1L.jpg

C6ElAh5.jpg

CjGZl5P.jpg

Yeah she looks great and so many options for cool poses!!

Yaasss!!

I was like... What's different about these Zurdo pictures?

Oh my god the figure is posed.

I know it helps that it's a custom so you probably don't worry about it as much. :lol

:rotfl

You see, I can and do pose figures! :lol

But yeah I felt more at liberty to pose and play around with the articulation of the figure. Especially since it was something that had to be pieced together and also cost much less than other figures. I feel reluctant to pose new and minty fresh figures, admittedly. For instance I'd scored a loose JL WW for a bargain and felt more 'free' to pose her around:

https://www.collectorfreaks.com/thr...ue-wonder-woman.182182/page-120#post-10317561
https://www.collectorfreaks.com/thr...ue-wonder-woman.182182/page-124#post-10335371
:lol

Last edited:
Yaasss!!

You see, I can and do pose figures! :lol

But yeah I felt more at liberty to pose and play around with the articulation of the figure. Especially since it was something that had to be pieced together and also cost much less than other figures. I feel reluctant to pose new and minty fresh figures, admittedly. For instance I'd scored a loose JL WW for a bargain and felt more 'free' to pose her around:

https://www.collectorfreaks.com/thr...ue-wonder-woman.182182/page-120#post-10317561
https://www.collectorfreaks.com/thr...ue-wonder-woman.182182/page-124#post-10335371
:lol

I like the pictures with her shield up.

How did that body hold up over the years?

I’ve heard reports of Wonder Woman bodies splitting or showing other signs of damage and wear across multiple figures.

But it can be hard to assess how much fault lies with the figures or with the users.

I like the pictures with her shield up.

How did that body hold up over the years?

I’ve heard reports of Wonder Woman bodies splitting or showing other signs of damage and wear across multiple figures.

But it can be hard to assess how much fault lies with the figures or with the users.

Thanks!

It's actually held up fine. No major issues. However, I did make a small tear in the left armpit, but that was due to my aggressive/excessive posing. I pushed her articulation's limits and posed her around for fun many a times and it's still in good overall condition. Of course I display her neutrally with her arms forever by her sides :lol I would presume those that have worn were left in more dynamic poses for long periods of time, and those whom museum pose and subtly pose the seamless joints are fine for the long haul.

Thanks!

It's actually held up fine. No major issues. However, I did make a small tear in the left armpit, but that was due to my aggressive/excessive posing. I pushed her articulation's limits and posed her around for fun many a times and it's still in good overall condition. Of course I display her neutrally with her arms forever by her sides :lol I would presume those that have worn were left in more dynamic poses for long periods of time, and those whom museum pose and subtly pose the seamless joints are fine for the long haul.

That’s good to hear, aside front the tear. You got some great posed pictures with the figure so I think it was worth it. And it’s at least feasible to find a replacement body of some kind.

There were some folks who claimed the body got damaged even though they didn’t touch it much and left it in a museum pose. And it’s not out of the realm of possibility. It feels more likely they may have left the arms at angles they thought were safe but weren’t.

As you know, materials like this can stick to other types of materials but also to itself. Which is presumably why you leave figures in an A pose. And certain neutral positions aren’t really neutral, creating more tension than expected.

That said, they should really be making bodies that are durable enough where people don’t have to worry as much about these issues.

Ms Marvel looks great Zurdo! Nice pics, thanks for sharing!

The hot toy's wonderwoman uses a slightly different type of rubber for the bodies. It's a bit stiffer than the tbleague figures so I can see it can be prone to damage much more easily when posing depending on climate. I usually put my wonderwomen back in a more relaxed posed if not taking a pic. (ie arms to the side) Tbleague you can have them posed in your display and I haven't had any problems. Strange, but the wonder woman body is actually bigger than most tbleague bodies. Body swapping will require some mods to the wonder woman costume to fit better.

That’s good to hear, aside front the tear. You got some great posed pictures with the figure so I think it was worth it. And it’s at least feasible to find a replacement body of some kind.

Yeah! The tear itself looks and feels pretty minuscule and doesn't look like it'll be a major issue, and I can't be bothered too much. Though I do have a spare JL WW 😁

There were some folks who claimed the body got damaged even though they didn’t touch it much and left it in a museum pose. And it’s not out of the realm of possibility. It feels more likely they may have left the arms at angles they thought were safe but weren’t.

As you know, materials like this can stick to other types of materials but also to itself. Which is presumably why you leave figures in an A pose. And certain neutral positions aren’t really neutral, creating more tension than expected.

Agreeddd!!

That said, they should really be making bodies that are durable enough where people don’t have to worry as much about these issues.

Just imagine if the partnered with Phicen/TBL, that's be great!

Ms Marvel looks great Zurdo! Nice pics, thanks for sharing!

Thank you! It's always a pleasure to share pics :):)

The hot toy's wonderwoman uses a slightly different type of rubber for the bodies. It's a bit stiffer than the tbleague figures so I can see it can be prone to damage much more easily when posing depending on climate. I usually put my wonderwomen back in a more relaxed posed if not taking a pic. (ie arms to the side) Tbleague you can have them posed in your display and I haven't had any problems. Strange, but the wonder woman body is actually bigger than most tbleague bodies. Body swapping will require some mods to the wonder woman costume to fit better.

Yeah I recall a Budget Stark video where he stated they were using a specific mixture for the rubber on the WW bodies. Agree, the P/TBL bodies feel much more durable and substantial. Yep the JL WW is pretty tall, even as tall as if not taller than some of the male figures.

Strange, but the wonder woman body is actually bigger than most tbleague bodies. Body swapping will require some mods to the wonder woman costume to fit better.
Yep the JL WW is pretty tall, even as tall as if not taller than some of the male figures.

I’d say it’s not strange since it’s Wonder Woman.

I agree, finding an alternative that works well would be difficult.

But I meant more so in terms of how there’ll always be another Wonder Woman figure so you can get replacement bodies from future figure breakdowns/part outs.

Or by just buying extra Wonder Woman figures. I don’t think Zurdo would mind doing that.

You probably already have a stockpile built as a strategic reserve. :lol

I’d say it’s not strange since it’s Wonder Woman.

I agree, finding an alternative that works well would be difficult.

But I meant more so in terms of how there’ll always be another Wonder Woman figure so you can get replacement bodies from future figure breakdowns/part outs.

Yep! Agrreed!!!

Or by just buying extra Wonder Woman figures. I don’t think Zurdo would mind doing that.

You probably already have a stockpile built as a strategic reserve. :lol

edea8ec7-5045-4aae-987f-b56f5a4533bd-text.gif

Back