Super Duck 1/6 Ms Marvel [SUD-SET066]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zurdo95D

Super Captain Marvel Freak!
CF Supporter
Reaction score
EPHdPfL.jpg

15nYm6T.jpg

p6FWoSW.jpg

JaDQWG2.jpg

CGxvj5d.jpg

mxrjduR.jpg

I'm waiting on my P.O. from Ekia Hobbies, but noticed some on eBay and got a set! Gotta say I'm impressed with the suit, it feels and looks high quality. It feels pretty tough and stretches well. Of course, I wish more hand gestures were included. The set I bought included the recommended TBL body, so looking forward to setting her up!

Thanks for linking the review! Which body did they include in the set?

Yep! :)

The set came with the TBL S43A (suntan, w/o the stand and head sculpt from the standard S43, and fixed feet) which I think is used in the promotional pics. I actually like its frame/silhouette/proportions for this Ms Marvel, even if it may be a tad more 'shapely' in contrast to the S23B. Though, when I attempted to put on the outfit, I couldn't quite fit the main suit over its larger bust size, and left a fair portion seeping out of the sides. Also, well for me, the fixed feet made it troublesome to slip on the high boots. Per the useful tips, I wrapped the leg(s) in plastic wrap which made most of the boot easy to pull on, but since the feet are fixed, I couldn't manage to place the feet in the slots at the bottom of the boots.

One (minor) nit as you mention in your review is the head sculpt has a more pinkish tone and makes the disparity a bit more evident to the body's tone. I had an S23B intended for this Ms Marvel set, but I'm going to to seek out a Jiaoudoll body in a pink skin tone since they offer various skin tones haha So the wait continues!

yes, one of the benefits of jiaou is they offer more tones. I can only imagine the difficulty getting those floppy feet in. I had a bit of a hard time with the hard plastic feet. I also had a bit of a problem of spilling out with the smaller s23 as well, but managed to pull the suit up and over eventually. I can only imagine with the larger bust haha.

yes, one of the benefits of jiaou is they offer more tones. I can only imagine the difficulty getting those floppy feet in. I had a bit of a hard time with the hard plastic feet. I also had a bit of a problem of spilling out with the smaller s23 as well, but managed to pull the suit up and over eventually. I can only imagine with the larger bust haha.

Ah, that's the word I was looking for - floppy feet lol The structure for the foot is small and stops about mid foot which makes the toes floppy. Agreed, futzing the suit can be a bit tedious.

I always liked this costume. I had the Sideshow Premium Format a long time ago.

I tried making a 1/6 version back then but it was difficult to find a suit where the material would hold up well. Glad this turned out pretty well.

Yeah this came out fantastic in my opinion, and i'm so happy to have a 1/6 comic Ms Marvel in the collection!

I didn't know you were heavy into Marvel before ;) - If I recall correctly, I think you mentioned you sold off your Marvel stuff to focus predominately on SW.

Yeah this came out fantastic in my opinion, and i'm so happy to have a 1/6 comic Ms Marvel in the collection!

I didn't know you were heavy into Marvel before ;) - If I recall correctly, I think you mentioned you sold off your Marvel stuff to focus predominately on SW.

I had I think almost every Marvel Hot Toys figure up to Age of Ultron. I sold everything off during the middle of the AOU line.

I also had a good number of Sideshow Premium Formats and Legendary Scale Busts. The ones you definitely would’ve approved of.

Kind of miss the Ms. Marvel and She Hulk PFs, but statues take up so much room.

I had I think almost every Marvel Hot Toys figure up to Age of Ultron. I sold everything off during the middle of the AOU line.

Wow 😲 That's a lotta of Marvel figures!

So I take it you've got all the HT Star Wars figures thus far? 😉

I also had a good number of Sideshow Premium Formats and Legendary Scale Busts. The ones you definitely would’ve approved of.

Oh you betcha! 😀

Kind of miss the Ms. Marvel and She Hulk PFs, but statues take up so much room.

Yeah statues can be great, great pieces to collect and can be complete show-stoppers, especially the larger scales. I'm eyeing a few statues out there (mostly the recently revealed Captain Marvel PF :panic:). But yeah, they take up a lot of room as you mention, you'd practically need a warehouse to display them :lol

Wow 😲 That's a lotta of Marvel figures!

So I take it you've got all the HT Star Wars figures thus far? 😉

I’ll tell ya, feeling like I had to buy every House Party Protocol suit from Iron Man 3 as a completionist back then was part of what took me out of Marvel.

So I’ve tried really hard not to feel like one for Star Wars.

I do have the vast majority though. Only about a dozen releases I’ve deliberately skipped or sold off, not counting the ST figures. Only have TFA Rey, Kylo, Phasma, the droids, and some troopers left.

I’ll tell ya, feeling like I had to buy every House Party Protocol suit from Iron Man 3 as a completionist back then was part of what took me out of Marvel.

Wow that's a lotta IM figs 😲

So I’ve tried really hard not to feel like one for Star Wars.

I do have the vast majority though. Only about a dozen releases I’ve deliberately skipped or sold off, not counting the ST figures. Only have TFA Rey, Kylo, Phasma, the droids, and some troopers left.

Ah, gotcha! Good approach :duff

I'm super impressed with the SD head sculpt. The paint is applied very well; it's clean, sharp, and nicely detailed as well as the sculpt itself. This head sculpt does indeed remind me of a comic MM/CM/CD. Not only all that, but it looks to scale well with various bodies, which is beneficial.

1GRfCOx.jpg

kT2iKkB.jpg

LRfH2RS.jpg

Nice pics Zurdo!

Thanks! :)

I thought I'd give the S43A another go while I'm waiting for the JD body. To my surprise I was able to successfully stretch and futz the main suit on it. I think it comes across nicely and is fitting for Ms Marvel/Warbird. Though, since the body is a bit bigger, the suit feels pretty snugly tight (but not too terribly much). I'm also a bit apprehensive on putting on the metal mask haha, maybe I'll try backing it with foam or something later on.

More pics!

nnub4Cl.jpg

UMRA7Tj.jpg

G8MZTq2.jpg

iGSGSkE.jpg

9z2gKlX.jpg

pHRXdYo.jpg

6aGkwar.jpg

R4QpjCC.jpg

M6vgzGB.jpg

OGzTzvs.jpg

I was actually able to slip in the feet - I made the mistake of not wrapping them in plastic wrap previously, but this time I did so and I was able to slip on the boots. Albeit I had to finesse and push the feet down in the slots where they go.

IHGzirq.jpg

Yeah the mask is intimidating to put on. I had originally just slipped it on from the top i think but didn't like the strap showing outside, then i put it on from the bottom (neck side) but it didn't sit properly. In the end, you need to layer it, put some of the hair underneath and cover some with the top hair to cover strap. Needless to say the hair got a bit messy and had to comb it and use a bit of product to smooth out afterwards.

Yeah the mask is intimidating to put on. I had originally just slipped it on from the top i think but didn't like the strap showing outside, then i put it on from the bottom (neck side) but it didn't sit properly. In the end, you need to layer it, put some of the hair underneath and cover some with the top hair to cover strap. Needless to say the hair got a bit messy and had to comb it and use a bit of product to smooth out afterwards.

Yup! I did try to put on the mask (from the bottom neck side), but felt wary of leaving it on long-term. I think I'd prefer a plastic (but stiff and sturdy) mask. Or better yet, include a head with a fully sculpted-on mask. I reckon they'd do a god job, as the paint on the head is sharp and very well applied.

This looks really nice Zurdo, a good representation of Ms Marvel.
It sounds like a hassle but I hope that you can safely put the mask on her, that would this look even better.

Much agreed! A good representation indeed. I'm trying to concoct a way to give me the peace of mind of leaving the mask on for a long while :LOL: I'm thinking of using very thin cut foam to back the mask similar to what HT does, like their EG Thanos helmet for example.

Back