Super 7 GI JOE Ultimates line speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The feedback on these is very positive from what I've seen. Definitely getting at least three of them, but because of what happened with waves 1 and 2 I'm hesitant to pay full price out the gate.

Wave 6 is disappointing - these are just repaint variants?

1706840760715.png

Wave 6 is disappointing - these are just repaint variants?

View attachment 686997
That they are doing repaints to save on manufacturing costs doesn't surprise me. That they are giving us the 4th Baroness before we get a second Snake Eyes does. Black, toy accurate re-deco seems like the most obvious re-release in the world. I would also be really happy to get a toy accurate Flint re-release, hopefully with better painted sculpts.

Despite the inconsistency of this line, though, the bigger picture here is that they are continuing with more Joe figures, which I'm happy about given that they unceremoniously cancelled the Simpsons line and some others as I understand it.

That they are doing repaints to save on manufacturing costs doesn't surprise me. That they are giving us the 4th Baroness before we get a second Snake Eyes does. Black, toy accurate re-deco seems like the most obvious re-release in the world. I would also be really happy to get a toy accurate Flint re-release, hopefully with better painted sculpts.

Despite the inconsistency of this line, though, the bigger picture here is that they are continuing with more Joe figures, which I'm happy about given that they unceremoniously cancelled the Simpsons line and some others as I understand it.
Repaints are line killers, especially at the $55 price point. This line's character selection (and really all of the Super7 lines) are at the mercy of Brian Flynn, as he only makes what he wants to make and doesn't care what the fans want. People are asking for Shipwreck, Spirit, Dusty, Snow Job, Quick Kick, Mutt and Junkyard, Dreadknocks etc. We certainly don't need four Baronesses and we don't need anymore Snake eyes (except his 2nd look). Repaints are just cash grabs. They don't need repaints to pay for tooling especially when we are flipping the tooling bill by pre-paying for each wave.

But why release a wave of 100% repaints?

I get that Super 7 wants to reuse the molds to save on tooling costs but it doesn’t inspire much confidence in the customer base when there are no new figures in the wave.

Usually repaints are reserved for a Con and store exclusives. Or least intersperse them - 2 new figures and one repaint in the same wave.

That being said, I do like the Super 7 line more than Classified because they are more faithful to the cartoon.

I wish the face paint jobs could be better, always a downgrade compared to the proto renders.

I can't justify their actions. I certainly won't buy anything from that wave. But that's something these companies do. They are making the cost benefit tradeoff and figure it's worth the effort. They have data from previous repaints to have a sense of this I'm sure.

I can't justify their actions. I certainly won't buy anything from that wave. But that's something these companies do. They are making the cost benefit tradeoff and figure it's worth the effort. They have data from previous repaints to have a sense of this I'm sure.

I hope these junk repaints flop and Super7 then stops playing games with the line.

Enough with the females already too. We don't need a female in every wave and they have already burned through the ladies except for Zarana which basically she being the last one.

Stop Fing around and make:

Quick Kick
Snowjob
Shipwreck
Spirit
Mutt/Junkyard
Dusty
Torch
Ripper
Buzzer
Firefly
Beachhead

I do hope they go after more popular characters before delving into obscure or contemporary characters. Their choices with the Disney and Simpsons lines gives me some pause on that front, though so far with the Joes, barring the repaints, it's pretty hard to argue with their choices. The most left field choice is probably Doc, and that's certainly not a bad choice. A classic 1983 character, just not one of the more notable or popular characters in the franchise.

Back