Stranger Things (Netflix show)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to a Billy Idol concert. :rock

:lol

I could reference "dancing with myself", but I won't.:monkey3:lol

So was Billy the first major pop culture celeb to sport tatts? He was an early adopter, back in the days when it was just bikers, sailors and ex-cons that had tatts. Of course his tatts would look like a grade schooler's today next to the sleeves on the woman serving at Starbucks.

I was at a waterpark recently and I have to say that I was not impressed with 99% of the tattoos and there were more women than men with them.

Hands down my favorite was a girl in her 20’s who had “Enter Here” above her butt crack with a little arrow pointing down lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was at a waterpark recently and I have to say that I was not impressed with 99% of the tattoos and there were more women than men with them.

Hands down my favorite was a girl in her 20’s who had “Enter Here” above her butt crack with a little arrow pointing down
lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you serious?:rotfl Seems to indicate a bit of a beginner as partner.:dunno

But yeah, after Tatts got more popular, it seemed to move from the tramp stamp to sleeves, but now its hands/fingers and neck tatts. I've seen quite a few women with finger tatts recently, and in the last few years many women with sleeves - ten years ago that was super rare. The funniest ones to me are the geometric shape (LOTS of ink) tatts on the backs of the knees/legs.

Interesting point about The Americans.

Though I think it's just more about differences in tone than accuracy.

Americans is Oscar bait, while Stranger Things is a popcorn flick.

You just wouldn't expect neon, pop music and flashy outfits in a show like The Americans which is really serious in tone.

Yeah, that too. I don't mind it, but I do think it's out of place considering the setting the show takes place, but I forgot that the show takes place in a fictional town.

The adventure resumes May 27th!

Who else is hyped for this? I don’t recall looking forward to a TV show more than this one, ever perhaps. My wife and I were late to the party and only a couple of years ago finally gave it a try. We were instantly hooked. Endearing characters, cool plot, extremely well written and produced. So well done.

Kind of too bad that the pandemic put the breaks on this show. But I guess it’ll be fun in it’s own way to see the teenagers now all as young adults.

I’m still very curious to see more revealed about the CIA’s and the KGB’s research into the paranormal and how that story develops.

What are you all looking forward to, expecting, hoping for, etc.?

I actually watched the whole thing cause I was procrastinating all weekend and this helped me to shirk my responsibilities.

I remember really liking the first season, way back when. I don't even remember the second season. I fast forwarded through a major chunk of the third season cause it was downright ridiculous.

This one I watched all of, but that doesn't mean it wasn't also downright ridiculous. It was entertaining enough, but overall it's still just dumb entertainment. All the "mysteries" and plot twists would only surprise an 8 year old that hasn't been watching sci-fi and reading comics for over three decades like I have. In other words, your aunt will be like "I don't get it, what's happening?" but anyone on this board will be about five steps ahead of the characters/writers.

The kids in the lab stuff was particularly drawn out for no reason.....they borrowed extremely liberally from AKIRA from all those scenes, but even as an AKIRA fanatic, it was still painfully dull.

Eh. It is what it is....dumb trash TV to watch on a Sunday when I should be getting stuff done instead.

It was entertaining and a step up from S3. All except one episode are 80 minutes plus, so it's like watching a short movie every time.

What's really noticeable is how much older the younger actors look compared to S3 which is meant to be only s year ago.

It's funny that the older brother character got majorly downgraded. He was essentially a main character in the beginning but he barely had any screen time in season 4. I think I read somewhere the actor got in trouble for drugs so maybe that's why. He was pretty useless to the story, as was Will, who really hasn't contributed anything worthwhile to the show since being the MacGuffin in season one.

Of course, to appease the tumblr crowd, they dropped major hints that he's gay and is in love with the Ghostbusters kid. Cause tumblr is dumb, and all it cares about is teenage boy/boy love stories and rooting for the fat ugly girl (Justice for Barb!) and completely missing the point that in the 80s, which the show is homaging, you're not supposed to like the fat ugly girl sidekick.

God I hate millennials and zoomers.

kids-suck-goonies.gif

Are they ever gonna have the balls to kill any of the main cast? Seriously, the plot armour is unbearable at this point.
He was actually even in one of the episodes this season.

I agree with Oto, this was very predictable. That said, it was also very entertaining IMO. I can't wait for the second half. Annoying they had to split this though.
The second half that’s only 2 episodes :lol

Back