Stranger Things (Netflix show)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well that was certainly better than S2.

Last episode was quite a tear jerker lol

I can’t believe how much the cgi improved it was really leaps and bounds.

Some great horror elements from the Dead movies, Body Snatchers, Blob and The Thing were thrown in, melting people were great.

The stuff that was cheap was that underground Russian base lol

The kid getting punched by the Russians should’ve died from those hits he was no Stallone.

Overall good but not OMG amazing!

I prefer this over IT though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Something like 40 million account views in the first week. But interestingly they said only 18m finished it in first week. But still a record for any show on Netflix.

Finished watching this the other day.
I think the finale really elevated this one... it was a great episode, very emotional.
But Lucas' sister really got on my nerves, she was infuriatingly obnoxious. I also didn't care for Joyce and Hopper's "romance". It just seemed unnecessary (until the finale, that is :lol).
The women's lib/feminism bit felt a bit heavy-handed in places, but not terribly so.
The Russian "invasion" and Terminator wanna-be also felt a bit over the top...

Finished watching this the other day.
I think the finale really elevated this one... it was a great episode, very emotional.
But Lucas' sister really got on my nerves, she was infuriatingly obnoxious. I also didn't care for Joyce and Hopper's "romance". It just seemed unnecessary (until the finale, that is :lol).
The women's lib/feminism bit felt a bit heavy-handed in places, but not terribly so.
The Russian "invasion" and Terminator wanna-be also felt a bit over the top...

Yeah the Lucas actor must have read the season's scripts and went "WTF???!!" :rotfl

He seems to be barely in the third season while his sister gets almost as much screen time as he did in the previous seasons.

But whoa yeah - a little of her goes a long way. And I mean LITTLE.:lecture:lol

There’s not much about the show that isn’t obvious. It’s one of two people in that room, and only one of them really matters enough to make a point about it.

Spoiler Spoiler:

That seems way too obvious.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Ah I'm with you. It would be cool if the upside down had a new tenant, I hadn't thought about it like that.

Finally finished last night. Thoroughly enjoyed it, a great deal of fun.

Overflowing with pop culture references, maybe too many? It's amazing how rich the 80's really were when it comes to classic movies.

I'd say I enjoyed this season the most, but I'm wondering if it relies too heavily on nostalgia, and if that will affect repeat viewings?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I finished S3 last week, but felt it was the best season yet. Anxiously awaiting for S4.

Billy's character really surprised me in a good way. A really well done season overall. How much longer are we supposed to use spoiler tags for btw? It's been almost 2 weeks....

I might be alone in this, but the show tries too hard to look 80's to the point it's almost like a caricature of the time period. The Mall at time looks like they're on the set of Miami Vice with all the neon lights and Jim Hopper's outfit looks out of place in Indiana, where the show takes place. Other than that, and the countless pop culture references, it's a fun show. I think The Americans did a better job at capturing the 80's tho.

Overflowing with pop culture references, maybe too many?

I haven't seen any of this show, but was wondering if that would be an issue. But then I thought, for teenagers pop culture is their life so it probably fits.

CM, on the other hand, went way overboard with the cultural references. I mean, a different '90s band T-shirt in every scene she's not in the suit? Really?

I might be alone in this, but the show tries too hard to look 80's to the point it's almost like a caricature of the time period. The Mall at time looks like they're on the set of Miami Vice with all the neon lights and Jim Hopper's outfit looks out of place in Indiana, where the show takes place. Other than that, and the countless pop culture references, it's a fun show. I think The Americans did a better job at capturing the 80's tho.

:lol

Yeah, I agree - it was like everyone drinking new coke in a Alf t-shirt while watching Goonies in a pastel aqua/pink theater while listening to Billy Idol on a walkman.

[emoji38]

Yeah, I agree - it was like everyone drinking new coke in a Alf t-shirt while watching Goonies in a pastel aqua/pink theater while listening to Billy Idol on a walkman.
Change the Alf to Ghostbusters, and Billy Idol to Taking heads, and you pretty much described me in the 80's.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Interesting point about The Americans.

Though I think it's just more about differences in tone than accuracy.

Americans is Oscar bait, while Stranger Things is a popcorn flick.

You just wouldn't expect neon, pop music and flashy outfits in a show like The Americans which is really serious in tone.

Back