Statue Storm Shadow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks really good but definitely will repaint the wraps and sewer sludge just too much, and will take the knives off the hands not selling this so I don't mind adjusting it. Hopefully not too much needs to be resculpted.

The hand wraps are gray, I think SS was going for a dirty on the job look. That should be able to be touched up and made lighter without to much trouble. The arbitrary dirt/sludge looks odd on the knees. His suit overall is not completely white, there's some slight shading throughout and dirtier in some spots.
Swords are plastic. If you want to take the claws off I dont see as that being to difficult. I got the ex as I really wanted the bow so that's how I'll be displaying mine most of the time.
Paint app on his skin turned out looking pretty good.
With some slight customization you should be able to have the Storm Shadow you want.

I looked at the same picture you speak of and it looks white all day.....I think the lighting in the in hand picture is the reason it looks gray. The only part that is truly gray is the wrist wraps.

You probably right. More in hand fotos pls :)

Production model turned out really good. Any pics of the box?

With the recent disappointments in the 1/6 line, I look forward to which characters are announced next in the statue and PF lines.

Production model turned out really good. Any pics of the box?

With the recent disappointments in the 1/6 line, I look forward to which characters are announced next in the statue and PF lines.

I'm ready for more PF's at this point as well...I don't even care who it is as long as it's an actual PF.

SS1_zpsda88c270.jpg

SS2_zpsb91c72c1.jpg

Box is pretty simple, brown shipper measures approx 17" x 11" x 21"

I've started to repaint the arm wraps white. The gray works as a base color and with some heavy dry-brushing it's coming out pretty well.
The white of his suit is a warmer white, not really a stark/optic white. After the dry-brushing maybe a wash or two will tone it down a bit, farly easy touch-up. Still a great figure.

I've started to repaint the arm wraps white. The gray works as a base color and with some heavy dry-brushing it's coming out pretty well.
The white of his suit is a warmer white, not really a stark/optic white. After the dry-brushing maybe a wash or two will tone it down a bit, farly easy touch-up. Still a great figure.

Thanks for the pics. I may also repaint the arm wraps on mine. I prefer to have it white for the traditional Storm Shadow look.

It's a sweet statue, dude. But Jesus, why the F does SS always have to change something in the end? How hard would it have been to just paint the wrist wraps white? I was anticipating in-hands before I possibly moved in on this and got 'em, but the gray wrist wraps scared me off.

I'm also disappointed about the gray wrist wraps, but if you really like the statue I suggest that you go for it. The wrist wraps should be relatively easy to repaint or you can have someone do it for you.

Still, I agree that SS should have painted the wrist wraps white as shown on their prototype picture. That is very misleading.

Sorry FF, I did have SE & Timber but sold it last year. Great statue just not essential and I need space. My original intention was to have both along with my Psylock comiquette for a "ninja" display, because there's nothing cooler then ninjas... :)

We have very similar ideas! I'm planning to display Storm Shadow together with my Elektra comiquette for the ninja look. I also love ninjas. The bonus for me is that Storm Shadow and Elektra can be positioned to be facing each other.

I'm also disappointed about the gray wrist wraps, but if you really like the statue I suggest that you go for it. The wrist wraps should be relatively easy to repaint or you can have someone do it for you.

Still, I agree that SS should have painted the wrist wraps white as shown on their prototype picture. That is very misleading.

Will SS give us a partial refund for the misleading paint? :monkey3

l am just disappointed the metals claws aint detachable

he is storm shadow, not wolverine damnit

SS1_zpsda88c270.jpg

SS2_zpsb91c72c1.jpg

Box is pretty simple, brown shipper measures approx 17" x 11" x 21"

Can you post updated pics?

Got mine today and while I absolutely love Storm Shadow, I couldn't be more disappointed with the paint job on this thing. Ironically its not sloppy paint apps, but how they decided to paint it. Who decided after the fact that they wanted to dirty him up? Would have been absolutely perfect if they left it alone. I mean its not even close to what the original pics show :slap

He's definitely more white in the production pics, and the dirt/sludge wasn't nearly as dark. Still I do like it a lot though and once I'm done with some touch up work it'll be better. Will try to post pics by this weekend if I can.

long time no see.

for the gi joe nerds, how inaccurate is the gray wriststrap? does stormshadow never wore gray and only white wrist strap in the comic/cartoons/hasbro toys? is it really a big deal?

yes i am clueless on gi joe accuracy, just like the statue.

got 2 ex in the mail

Back