Statue Storm Shadow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great statue!

SS1.jpg~original

SSa.jpg~original

SSb.jpg~original

SSc.jpg~original

Got it. Overall it's a great statue, lots of details and many parts and display options. Paint quality however is average not as good as snakeeye dio. You can see the paint spillovers from the black belt to his white cloth, his mask etc.. but i still like the statue a lot.

stormshadow1.jpg

stormshadow2.jpg

stormshadow3.jpg

And gagaliya your PL is almost done.

great, looking forward to getting this back.

Is he hard to put onto the base? Can't be as difficult like the DD comiquette right?

nope, very easy everything fit nicely this time. Deciding which display combo to put on him however takes some time :) he comes with 2 sword hand, 2 bow (1 to hold, 1 to put in back), 2 sword handle (to plug in back for sheathed look), an empty hand, and 2 heads.

nope, very easy everything fit nicely this time. Deciding which display combo to put on him however takes some time :) he comes with 2 sword hand, 2 bow (1 to hold, 1 to put in back), 2 sword handle (to plug in back for sheathed look), an empty hand, and 2 heads.

Sweet, I hope this one comes better than my GL Ex PF.

Is he hard to put onto the base? Can't be as difficult like the DD comiquette right?

I could not get mine to sit flush. There is a gap and I tried to make it work for over 30 minutes. I finally gave up and boxed him back up because the gap bugs me. Going to get a replacement.

The same thing happened with my Sagat statue...and Scorpion from years ago. Happening too often to me dammit! Statue looks great though, even if they dirtied him up.

long time no see.

for the gi joe nerds, how inaccurate is the gray wriststrap? does stormshadow never wore gray and only white wrist strap in the comic/cartoons/hasbro toys? is it really a big deal?

yes i am clueless on gi joe accuracy, just like the statue.

got 2 ex in the mail

I've never seen Storm Shadow wear a grey wrist strap, but I don't consider myself a GI Joe expert so I won't say for certain that I'm right. He was one of my favorite GI Joe characters growing up and I think he was well made except for the choice of the wrist strap color and wolverine claws.

My EX arrived yesterday. Since a lot of people already posted pictures, I'll just note a few observations I made in case it's helpful for people who are deciding whether to get this statue:

1) The EX comes with a lot of parts: 2 heads, bow, bow with hand holding the bow, two hands holding swords, pack storing bow and arrows, two sword handles that can be placed on the pack to give an illusion that the swords are stored there, hand releasing arrow.

2) I think that the regular edition will have everything I stated above except for the bow with hand holding the bow and hand releasing arrow.

3) The bow can be displayed attached or unattached to the pack.

4) The black belt is made of leather-like material that is a little stiff but moves a bit. Thus, you have to be careful when holding the statue by the waist when you're trying to attach it to the base.

5) The base he is standing on is a logo of a cobra although the promotional pictures from Sideshow has it facing sideways so you won't notice the cobra head.

6) The base is not as heavy as I expected. However, it is not light either.

7) There are two pointed vines on the base. When holding the base, you need to be careful because although seem to be solid enough, they could break when you put a lot of pressure on them because of their shape.

8) It is difficult to get Storm Shadow's left foot fully into the base. I tried to drill a larger hole (took me an hour because I was being very careful) and there was some improvement but you can still see a small part sticking out. It's only noticeable if you look at it closely but I want the potential buyers to be aware. I don't think this should be a deal breaker since it can be fixed but will require some work.

This statue is good for collectors who like to have multiple display options. However, I plan to have the wrist straps repainted white and the wolverine claws removed because I think those are inaccuracies.

Overall, I like the statue and could be one of the last statues I will sell in my collection.

Got mine in yesterday and it's pretty good. Nothing broken! Yes! The plastic parts may have saved me! I hope SS continues with the plastics. But one issue my box was shipped in the ups truck with temps going over 100 degrees. So my base is all wet and the paint melted off the black base. Its sticky and has a thick residue on it. It looks like 2 different colors now. I did contact SS and I hope they can come through with a replacement. I sent them pics yesterday. I did tell them if they have a replacement to please hold off in sending it to me until a week or two, when this temp cools off a bit. :(

Very nice Spazzy, looks much better.
You were able to get the claws off without much difficulty?
Looks pretty smooth and clean.
I've done the armwraps already, will get to the knees when I have time.
Happy I decided to stick with my po on this one.

Good job Spazzy on repainting and removing the claws. I plan to do the same.

I have a newbie question with regards to painting. When you repainted the knees to remove the mud, did you repaint the whole costume to make the look consistent with the rest of the costume?

I only repainted the knees and fees...and the bottom of his shirt... Even though he looks white there are multiple colors and shades involved before applying the mud

I only repainted the knees and fees...and the bottom of his shirt... Even though he looks white there are multiple colors and shades involved before applying the mud

Thanks for the tip. :wink1:

Back