Prop Star Wars Ultimate Studio Edition Prop Replicas - Prop Shop

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars Ultimate Studio Edition Prop Replicas

It's true though. 3D printing is not yet proven. Much better to get real parts or use traditional methods like polystone, metal, etc.

Exactly. Hopefully these 3D printed PropShop props will last a long time, but for the price paid, I'd really want to be sure of that.

I wonder what the released numbers are for each item? I'm guessing no more than a few dozen of each. I do think the one's actually made will now skyrocket in value due to the true rarity of the item.

I wonder what the released numbers are for each item? I'm guessing no more than a few dozen of each. I do think the one's actually made will now skyrocket in value due to the true rarity of the item.

Their price being so high in the first place I'm not sure they will really skyrocket. Paying even more than already huge retail price for a mostly 3D printed prop would seem kinda crazy. But I've seen crazy before, I'll just eat my popcorn an laugh at that too.

Also extremely rare stuff doesn't do as well in the aftermarket more often than not, mostly because since they are so rare there really isn't a market. For the others stuff is always selling and there's always interest.

Also extremely rare stuff doesn't do as well in the aftermarket more often than not, mostly because since they are so rare there really isn't a market. For the others stuff is always selling and there's always interest.

That being said, if a PS Kylo Saber finally pops up on Ebay someone let me know so I can pay too much for it.

The largest problem isn't that there isn't someone out there that wants it, it's that it's so rare they go on sale that people don't check forever :p I suggest you set up an ebay feed for it tbh.

People keep talking about this in regards to the sabers but someone on another forum said the internals are a resin that won't break down like some other pieces like melted vader

I should probably be taken out and shot for this, but here goes...

In late 1999, shortly after my wife's grandfather passed, she and I (and her family) were going through his things and making those decisions you don't want to make when you lose someone. He was a machinist and amateur photographer. His darkroom was full of projectors, editing equipment, cameras, tri-pods etc.. At the time I didn't give it any thought, but in hindsight.....ahhhhrr.... I know that that there were three graflex flash handles among one of the boxes destined for the local Salvation Army store. I though they looked familiar, and I remember saying something like "Hey these look like lightsabers!". I didn't know the backstory of the sabers at the time, and off they went...

Anyway, somebody at the Pasadena Salvation Army got a really good deal (if they knew what they were looking at)!

People keep talking about this in regards to the sabers but someone on another forum said the internals are a resin that won't break down like some other pieces like melted vader

For the huge price people paid (or seem to be ready to pay on secondary market) they'd better be sure these collectibles will last more than just a few years... Some of the MR sabers have their own issues with the decaying t-tracks/grips, the 3D printed material on Prop Shop items might be an even bigger issue in time.

For the huge price people paid (or seem to be ready to pay on secondary market) they'd better be sure these collectibles will last more than just a few years... Some of the MR sabers have their own issues with the decaying t-tracks/grips, the 3D printed material on Prop Shop items might be an even bigger issue in time.

They will still retain their resale value though because of the, being a licensed product. Unlike the only other method of attaining some of these things, fan made. The only other licensed prop manufacturer out therr that doesn't just do costume is floundering.

They will still retain their resale value though because of the, being a licensed product. Unlike the only other method of attaining some of these things, fan made. The only other licensed prop manufacturer out therr that doesn't just do costume is floundering.

There will come other companies making props, be sure about that. The thing is to see what prices they will be.

There will come other companies making props, be sure about that. The thing is to see what prices they will be.

Yeah but it could be a decade before we get a licensed screen accurate TFA crossguard. The saber will be different in the next two films so those will take precedent.

Yeah but it could be a decade before we get a licensed screen accurate TFA crossguard. The saber will be different in the next two films so those will take precedent.

But you also need to understand that there will be so many Star Wars movies released in the next years, that ultimately all this will wear out, because more and more props, armors, helmets & ships designs will be made. In the end all that will truly matter in collecting will be Original Trilogy, this can be seen already, but will be more accentuated later on. Collectors go for new stuff every day, but later on a lot of them come back to Original Trilogy. :wink1:

But you also need to understand that there will be so many Star Wars movies released in the next years, that ultimately all this will wear out, because more and more props, armors, helmets & ships designs will be made. In the end all that will truly matter in collecting will be Original Trilogy, this can be seen already, but will be more accentuated later on. Collectors go for new stuff every day, but later on a lot of them come back to Original Trilogy. :wink1:

This is truth!

I doubt it'll be a decade until we see another Kylo Ren lightsaber replica.

eFX is supposed to be releasing new LE Lightsabers from the OT. It's also a matter of time until Disney looks at other companies for official replicas.

There are two more movies...with an entirely different lightsaber. LFL has been way faster about approving licensee manufactured products from upcoming/recently released films. Which is why Anovos opened the floodgates with Rogue One products all of a sudden. These designs and prototypes got approval priority because of marketing relevance.

This is a much more different world we are living in from the early 00s Master Replicas days where they were more willing to produce products from TPM when RotS just released because there was no foreseeable future future for Star Wars. EFX and other companies have a bare minimum of four more films of stuff to make.

I doubt it'll be a decade until we see another Kylo Ren lightsaber replica.

eFX is supposed to be releasing new LE Lightsabers from the OT. It's also a matter of time until Disney looks at other companies for official replicas.

Even IF eFX were to show a new lightsaber prototype in the "hey, look what we're working on" section of their website RIGHT NOW.... It'd still be a decade before it went up for preorder. & that's if we'd ever see it at all.

Back