1/6 Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - 1/6th scale Kylo Ren Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally bit the bullet on him. I... think. I went to buy the figure on Sideshow, but for some reason it won't let me actually pay. I went through checkout, selected a payment option (went with PayPal since I figured I'd pay it in full), got the confimation email and... that was it. I haven't even paid any deposit. My cards and accounts show no activity. I've been trying to find a way to follow the Help Center's instructions, but when I go to "Order Details" I get none of that. The order still shows in my account page and everything, but I really don't get why I have no option of just paying for the damn thing. Is this applicable only for US customers? I don't know. All other figures I have with Sideshow are on PO, with a payment plan. Paid my deposit, set the installments, easy peasy. Here I really don't get what's happening.

Whatever, I'm pretty excited for this one since it apparently turned out so good. I like Driver and Kylo was the only redeeming thing about the ST, so might as well get him to represent that, disappointing as it turned out to be. His character is still all over the place, and the canon ending is such a goddamn misfire, to the point where I don't even know what I think about it, but Driver really put the work, the design is a nice Space Knight look, and dunno, I feel like having it. I'll just pretend he's my imaginary version of canon Jacen Solo and his story ended differently than the end of ROS, which again, still sucks. Even Johnson's Post-TLJ route would've been preferable... Rey and maybe Luke, purely for completionist purposes, would be the only others I'd consider if I had spare money laying around and nothing else to waste them on. Apart from a ROS Palpatine of course, but I don't consider him an ST character; you get my point. I liked the idea of Hux, and he always had nifty outfits, so he's a maybe. Oscar Isaac is one of my current favourites, but Jesus was his character bland. The only reason to buy a hypothetical Poe fig would be if they made the ROS look and you had him double as an Uncharted 3 Nate. Anyway, I do slightly prefer the TLJ look, but that one costs a ton more, and the ROS one does have the better cape and glowing helmet, so I'm not walking away dissapointed. Now if only I was sure if I did actually buy the damn thing...

If I go to the open orders I have, there is an option in the order details to pay the remaining balance.

If you just placed it, it might need some time to process and register as an order. You should check back in a little bit.

But there is no real advantage to paying it off early and you will not get your figure any sooner.

You may just want to wait till it processes when it ships since things can get very easily delayed repeatedly these days.

And I find it easier to just not think about the ending.

If I go to the open orders I have, there is an option in the order details to pay the remaining balance.

If you just placed it, it might need some time to process and register as an order. You should check back in a little bit.
Nothing shows up for me. It's been 5 hours or so now. I'm just worried because I've literally paid nothing. My order has been "confirmed" but not even a deposit has been, well, deposited. Maybe I'll shoot them an email.

But there is no real advantage to paying it off early and you will not get your figure any sooner.

You may just want to wait till it processes when it ships since things can get very easily delayed repeatedly these days.
Eh, I prefer to know where I stand. If I PO something a year+ in advance, I'll put it on installments and that's it. If I decide to buy something in-stock or close to its release date, I prefer it to be a "one and done" so to speak.

And I find it easier to just not think about the ending.
Same. It makes no sense. It destroys everything. I have the same attitude as with capes, I pick and choose what I like, I call that canon and I disregard all the rest.

Usually when I put down the NRD on an order they sideshow it doesn?t show up until the next business day.

When I made my POs it showed up instantly. This time I wasn't even transferred to the paypal pop-up. I just went through checkout and bam, order confirmed. I just sent them an email, in any case, so we'll see. But it's weird.

I just got my charging soon notice from Sideshow. I should have him by the middle of next week.

The charge on my card shows up as a pending charge. That's very presumptuous of them to begin the charging process when they don't even have the figure in their warehouse yet!

The charge on my card shows up as a pending charge. That's very presumptuous of them to begin the charging process when they don't even have the figure in their warehouse yet!
I agree. They shouldn't charge people until they have the product in hand.

I agree. They shouldn't charge people until they have the product in hand.
They shouldn't, but they don't usually seem to until the products are at least about to hit the warehouse.

I've never been charged early myself without warning. There might've been some unforeseen delay.

I spoke to someone at Sideshow just now. She said that there was a bit of a travel delay from the port to their warehouse. She said that they expect to ship in the next couple days.

Back