Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Dec 15th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"No Solo, no Skywalkers. This third act will fall like so many others."

It's just as well Disney didn't burn the books they consigned to 'Legends'. They have a fall back position when it's time to reboot the Sequels.

39092583212_c0888d06f6.jpg

She even has a story. She believes that now that they left the island and they breed like rabbits, that they should be everywhere, even in the First Order, like some kind of porg infestation, because it can be a social commentary on the importance of animal control while traveling and balancing the ecosystem.

Re: The Last Jedi

You should read the reactions in the movie section of the forum...

I'll still be buying a Snoke PF (if we ever get one), and old Luke PF, especially if we get a green lightsaber with it (EX?).
Also Snoke's ring but considering there aren't even official non-toy lightsaber replicas at the moment, I doubt we'll see one.

But yeah, other than that, I wholeheartedly agree.

She even has a story. She believes that now that they left the island and they breed like rabbits, that they should be everywhere, even in the First Order, like some kind of porg infestation, because it can be a social commentary on the importance of animal control while traveling and balancing the ecosystem.

Wow. :lol

Well this one ripped off a BattleStar Galatica plot so they might as well steel a Star Trek story also :lol

LoL...humans are not even suited to live in space anyway.

Sent from my SM-N920S using Tapatalk

Sum up perfectly the entire Sequel
:goodpost:

Pretty much :lol

But I guess the boys get MARVEL so the girls now get SW.

Like Titanic this is a formula that is working.. Girls and boys want to see these films so the $$ is good..

Because of this Don;t be surprised to see phase 2 of Marvel with lots of female characters making the male hero's look stupid and wrong all the time :lol

Oh and expect a lot more porgs in those Marvel movies now also :lol

wow, wow, wow... still shaking my head after seeing this abomination of a "Star Wars" movie. Endless plot holes, empty and pointless new characters, wonky "force texting" between Rey and kylo, cheesy humor, dilution of the original characters... and worse of all after waiting 35 yrs to see the most epic sci fi character back on the big screen, they managed to turn Luke into a weak, emotional old man. Shame :(

I'm all for creative risk taking, but doesn't an instalment in a trilogy have a responsibility to the other episodes?

That's what seems to be the very divisive point if we generalize, between people who loved the movie and those who hated it.
You either kinda disregard the fact that it takes a giant dump on everything that came before or you don't. I have heard huge Star Wars fans make up all kinds of excuses for the decisions taken in this movie. They know the lore and how things work, yet they don't see anything wrong with TLJ.

Honestly I admit that if you take this movie on its own without connecting it to anything else, it can be a fairly enjoyable watch. But that's not how Star Wars works.

Want a simple proof they really don't know what they are doing with canon? In the novelization of TFA, Rey and Poe meet. Yet, in TLJ, they make it very clear that they are meeting for the first time.

Boom.

Thinking about the film again today.. This one IMO had the worst plot of all the SW films.. Again it really was just about Kylo killing Snoke and becoming the leader of the first order everything else was unneeded..

Like I said... The 2nd main story of the rebels being chased by the Empire is a plot that Battlestar Galatica reboot did much better in 45 min.

Never had a SW film been so small in its ideas.. But that is OK they tried something different.. It just failed IMO story wise.

I also hated the "points / lessons" this film was forcing down our throats.. All other SW film are about the story and not "life lessons" Sure Yoda gave some wisdom we all have tried to follow :lol but no "We win this war by saving those we love not killing those we hate"

Hell one may argue that this was even an anti eating meat message with Chewie being unable to complete his meal when he sees what he is eating :lol

Also no good memorable lines so far in either of these films.. IN that way they are just like the PT :)

I also don't mind that the film tries to be multicultural and pro woman in it's casting... Just do a better job with it and write the characters better.

I also no longer think Rose is the worst character in the series

Laura Dern's character now is :)

well written post. I agree with pretty much everything you highlighted including the forced messages. A lot of it comes across as contrived and really cheapens and weakens the movie.

That's what seems to be the very divisive point if we generalize, between people who loved the movie and those who hated it.
You either kinda disregard the fact that it takes a giant dump on everything that came before or you don't. I have heard huge Star Wars fans make up all kinds of excuses for the decisions taken in this movie. They know the lore and how things work, yet they don't see anything wrong with TLJ.

Honestly I admit that if you take this movie on its own without connecting it to anything else, it can be a fairly enjoyable watch. But that's not how Star Wars works.

Want a simple proof they really don't know what they are doing with canon? In the novelization of TFA, Rey and Poe meet. Yet, in TLJ, they make it very clear that they are meeting for the first time.

Boom.

How did rey and poe meet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back