Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A little good, a little bad a little both......trooper, x-wing and falcon footage was great. Everything else wait n see how it all comes together.

Last edited:
I'm surprised there's complaints about the cgi, it looked perfectly fine to me. I guess that's one of the advantages of having grown up in the stop motion days, the cgi doesn't have to look absolutely photorealistic to sell me.

I'm shocked by the CGI hate. Nothing stood out to me as "OMG THAT'S AWFUL" and I'm a CGI snob. I'm sure any problems you may have will be corrected by the time the film is released. Trailers rarely show completed CGI footage. For example:

RxhqvUF.jpg

It is a ****ing teaser trailer, it isn't the full trailer or the movie. People need to relax.

It's the first look the world is getting at new Star Wars, the post Lucas, Disney owned era. For most of us, something we're looking forward to more than any of the prequels. They should have delayed it another month to at least finish the trailer's CGI shots.

Nobody has said the whole movie is ****ed. People are actually defending JJ.

It's the first look the world is getting at new Star Wars, the post Lucas, Disney owned era. For most of us, something we're looking forward to more than any of the prequels. They should have delayed it another month to at least finish the trailer's CGI shots.

Nobody has said the whole movie is ****ed. People are actually defending JJ.

It was pretty easy to look pass the apparently bad CGI, I didn't even notice it and I am sure if I went back and looked for it I wouldn't be able to. It is STAR WARS teaser. I was too busy orgasming over the fact that this is actually happening and I am not even a fanboy.

Anyone surprised to read that the world is coming to end because this trailer was the most horrible thing ever created and it has destroyed families and ruined lives?

Me neither. :lol

Who said that? would love to see you quote it. :lol Those of us who weren't blown away have been talking to each other and left those who like it alone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone surprised to read that the world is coming to end because this trailer was the most horrible thing ever created and it has destroyed families and ruined lives?

Me neither. :lol

Well stated. The nerd world may as well just kill itself the way they act these days.

The good stuff:

That shot of X-wings skimming the lake. Majstic. And the look of it had that perfect amount of CGI, that made the shot look painterly instead of fake.

The fat jetbike Daisy character was riding. Had that old-school "SW junkyard" feel to it, while at the same time having a discinct silhouette and not looking simply like a pile of scrap. Will buy the hasbro toy.

The new stormtoopers. Despite the I-pad aesthetic, there is something undeniably cool and at the same time intimidating about it. That shot of them disembarking from the ramp, had a suitably agressive energy to it, that we don't really see in SW camerawork.

The camerawork itself - some people say it's too frantic, but if the world itself will be tactile enough (and that seems to be the case), a more adventurous camerawork can only benefit the movie. I saw no abundance of lens-flares anyway.

The bad:

That sword - still not sold on it. I like the idea the idea of a heavier, more dangerous, ancient, "zweihander" lightsaber, but I think it could have been done in a less tacky way. Those two little light knobs, coming out of the handle after a second, look like something out of Space Balls.

Who said that? would love to see you quote it. :lol Those of us who weren't blown away have been talking to each other and left those who like it alone.

Don't be so defensive. :thwak I was speaking generally about what I've read across the internet.

Back