Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But as much as I didn't like Star Trek, the quality of it looked like a major motion picture from a studio.

Not a tv production with a low cgi budget.

Literally nothing for me. Wanted to say the costumes being O.T. look cool but the way they're shot is literally fan fiction quality.

I'm not saying the movie is ****ed, but oh man, between this and that Jurassic World trailer, my excitement levels are running on empty.

... ...

image.jpg

Seriously, can we go back to this morning when I was hyped about this based on rumors as opposed to deflated from seeing one of the worst trailers in history?

There is no going back

tumblr_m082axCnud1r4lnxjo1_500.gif

Literally nothing for me. Wanted to say the costumes being O.T. look cool but the way they're shot is literally fan fiction quality.

I'm not saying the movie is ****ed, but oh man, between this and that Jurassic World trailer, my excitement levels are running on empty.

I liked the Raptor Bros scene, the rest was very lackbuster. They should stop showing us footage unless it looks decent

I don't know that JJ is solely to blame. I would say whoever ok'd the trailer going out with that quality cgi should probably be let go.

But as much as I didn't like Star Trek, the quality of it looked like a major motion picture from a studio.
The visual quality will be better when it's done, that's for sure. That's how today's cinema works.

Tho who cares if the rest might end up on the same level of ST-ish mediocre tasteless fanfic.

Between this and JW, I've read that the CGI sucks, but I would need a point of comparison. What is good use of CGI, either in a trailer or a movie, in the past year or two?

No unfinished shots should ever be put in a trailer. I'd be pissed as a director if studios pressured me into a pointless cocktease trailer.

This is a body of work that's being showcased to the entire world. Maybe they'll start adding actor screentests as teasers?

Jesus, a lot of hating going down. I have a couple of overall reservations but I think it's great.

As for the CG. I certainly wasn't blown away by it but neither would I point it out as being particularly bad. The Jurrasoc World trailer however.

And the CG will indeed be a lot better by next Christmas. It's a whole year off release. Thought the tone was pretty exciting and different.

Jesus, a lot of hating going down. I have a couple of overall reservations but I think it's great.

As for the CG. I certainly wasn't blown away by it but neither would I point it out as being particularly bad. The Jurrasoc World trailer however.

And the CG will indeed be a lot better by next Christmas. It's a whole year off release. Thought the tone was pretty exciting and different.

So many whiny bitches on this forum.

Back