Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015) Discussion Thread

Funny watching the original teaser trailer again that it was comprised almost entirely of unused footage.

Finn rising into frame, BB-8 rolling on the ground, and the Falcon flying at the TIE's were the only shots that actually appeared in the film.

Rey on her speeder: Not used
Close-up of Poe in his cockpit with water spraying outside: Not used
X-Wings flying evenly over the water: Not used
Three shots of Stormtroopers (in the transport, raising their rifles, the doors opening in front of them): Not used, not used, not used
Hooded Kylo activating his lightsaber in the forest: Not used
Dialogue "The Dark Side...and the Light:" Not used

A pretty brilliant trailer as far as conveying what was going on without giving spoilers. :lol

Funny watching the original teaser trailer again that it was comprised almost entirely of unused footage.

Finn rising into frame, BB-8 rolling on the ground, and the Falcon flying at the TIE's were the only shots that actually appeared in the film.

Rey on her speeder: Not used
Close-up of Poe in his cockpit with water spraying outside: Not used
X-Wings flying evenly over the water: Not used
Three shots of Stormtroopers (in the transport, raising their rifles, the doors opening in front of them): Not used, not used, not used
Hooded Kylo activating his lightsaber in the forest: Not used
Dialogue "The Dark Side...and the Light:" Not used

A pretty brilliant trailer as far as conveying what was going on without giving spoilers. :lol

Now that I think about it the trailer was also very thrilling. :lol

I'd rather watch the trailers over and over again than the movie.

You were being torn apart but ended up going with the Dark Side? Chewie, you're up!

tumblr_o4i9noUoEp1v2i4h2o2_500.gif

So JJ did the opposite of Snyder, who builds movies around the best trailer ideas.
I didn't know until recently that Snyder came from advertising. 300, Watchmen, Man of Steel. When I think about the best trailers I've seen over the last decade, those are all in the top 5.

Just watched it for the second time a few days ago. Chewie went straight up Rambo (as much as you can in Star Wars) after Han died.

Chewie was awesome in TFA. There is one Chewie scene that annoys me, but works because of it--I still don't understand how they didn't have one of those medical droids fixing Chewie up. The doctor lady could have still been there, but such a missed opportunity.

I'd rather watch the trailers over and over again than the movie.

TFA might be better than TPM but they both share that problem.

Just watched it for the second time a few days ago. Chewie went straight up Rambo (as much as you can in Star Wars) after Han died.

Yes I initially didn't think he went berserk enough, but after a few viewings I've decided he did as much damage he could in the screen time he had.

Is it too much to ask to see Chewie rip someone's arms off their body for once?

He's a big, lumbering Wookie, let's finally see what he can do when push comes to shove,

He's a big, lumbering Wookie, let's finally see what he can do when push comes to shove,

A scene was cut from the script (but left in the novel) that had Unkar Plutt track the Falcon to Takodana, where he confronts Rey. Chewie then rips Unkar's arm off.

I don't know. I might be inclined to classify wookiee arm ripping as "cool Star Wars-isms that are more fun to imagine" along with the Kessel Run, Lando losing the Falcon to Han, the bounty hunter they ran into on Ord Mandell, Lando's maneuver at the Battle of Tanaab, etc. Luckily for you rushmore I'm assuming we'll see every single one of those things (save the Ord Mandell bit) play out in great detail in the upcoming Han Solo prequel. I'm sure Chewie will lose the chess game to some droid and do exactly what 3PO feared in the original SW.

I don't know. I might be inclined to classify wookiee arm ripping as "cool Star Wars-isms that are more fun to imagine" along with the Kessel Run, Lando losing the Falcon to Han, the bounty hunter they ran into on Ord Mandell, Lando's maneuver at the Battle of Tanaab, etc. Luckily for you rushmore I'm assuming we'll see every single one of those things (save the Ord Mandell bit) play out in great detail in the upcoming Han Solo prequel. I'm sure Chewie will lose the chess game to some droid and do exactly what 3PO feared in the original SW.

Sad thing is, the Han Solo movie is the only Star Wars movie I don't want made.

I'll watch just about anything else, A Squidface Biopic, a film featuring Dr. Evazen and Ponda Baba on a crime spree, a Rebo band concert movie, even a Yaddle/Yoda love story. Just stay away from Han Solo.

I'm sure I'll end up seeing it though.

Sad thing is, the Han Solo movie is the only Star Wars movie I don't want made.

I'll watch just about anything else, A Squidface Biopic, a film featuring Dr. Evazen and Ponda Baba on a crime spree, a Rebo band concert movie, even a Yaddle/Yoda love story. Just stay away from Han Solo.

I'm sure I'll end up seeing it though.

It just won't be Han to me, just like Fett in PT.

Han was never a child anyways, he was born a full size adult. :lol

Yeah i'll go see it. :yess:

:lol

:lecture

Back