Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, according to you that black guy is not black either if he's from a Spanish peaking country. :lol I find it offensive when North Americans and redneck hillbillies (not that you are) try to dictate who's white or black, when most of them have never even been outside of whatever little hick town they're from. You wouldn't tell a black person to their face that their not black because they just happen to be from a Spanish speaking country would you? I hope you don't...for your own safety. It's not about ignoring mixed people or mixed heritage, it's about recognizing that there are white, Black, full Native Americans and mixed people in Latin America. It's common knowledge...except in the US.

ethnicity, nationality -/- race

Difference Between Ethnicity and Race | Difference Between | Ethnicity vs Race

Race and Ethnicity - What's the Difference | Race vs. Ethnicity

the boy in the pic is Argentinian obviously, but what is his RACE according to you? white because he comes from Argentina? :lol

What Race is a Latino? Some Mexican-Americans in California Aren't Even Sure (Neither Are We) | L.A. Weekly

" most anthropologists would say that most Latinos, unless they're direct descendants of Africans or other immigrants to the Americas, are white. Except that ...

... it doesn't entirely make sense, does it? The prevailing theory about the origin of indigenous Americans is that they came to the continent from Asia thousands of years ago, which would make purely indigenous Latinos ... Asian. That's a concept that would make some Asians laugh.

And, well, most Latinos are mixed with European blood, though plenty of Jews, Germans, Austrians and Japanese (none of them races unto themselves) ended up south of the border too, particularly in the last 200 years."

giphy.gif

No, he's black, but to you his native and maybe even Spaniard blood means he's not black. :lol

he might NOT be FULLY black or FULLY native...... he might have a mix of BOTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DUHHHHHH thats the whole Point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol,

oscar isaac has family from Guatemala, Cuba AND France.... 3 different countries, coutries with mixed backgrounds but to you he is 100% white.. :lol

he might NOT be FULLY black or FULLY native...... he might have a mix of BOTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DUHHHHHH thats the whole Point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol,

oscar isaac has family from Guatemala, Cuba AND France.... 3 different countries, coutries with mixed backgrounds but to you he is 100% white.. :lol

You're the only one here giving percentages of whiteness? :lol All I said is that he's a white dude...how white...who cares? White enough to play white characters in films like any other "white" actor, which he is. :dunno

Plenty of white and black people in the United States have native american blood. A lot of Black people n the US even have white ancestors, does that mean they're not black or white? That's all I'm saying.

No, I totally agree with you. My "Wah" was for all the people complaining.

My sons are half asian. Does that make them asian or "white" when they fill out applications. The whole dialog is crap. People speak about race as if they're different species. Race doesn't exist anywhere but in people's minds and their prejudices.

people use his white looks to complain about Disney only hiring whites. people use his looks to cry about Hollywood always white casting every movie
most people love to ignore that he wasn't even born here, or that his heritage is more complex than just being a "white boi" if anything he might probably be Mestizo

Mexican-Americans and other Latinos see race differently - San Jose Mercury News

Last edited:
In any event, even if Finn's backstory echoes slavery (I'm inclined to believe it is more directly representative of the Jedi selection process of the prequels since the Empire does this to EVERY stormtrooper, regardless of color), that's NOT racist.
Even if Poe Dameran is a white character (whatever that means in a different galaxy) and he assigns the black person (whatever that means blah blah) who rescued him a name, that's still not racist.
There is no negative or superior inference to any one character's race, physical appearance, etc.
It's all projection from stupid people with too much time on their hands who don't even understand the words they're using.

In any event, even if Finn's backstory echoes slavery (I'm inclined to believe it is more directly representative of the Jedi selection process of the prequels since the Empire does this to EVERY stormtrooper, regardless of color), that's NOT racist.
Even if Poe Dameran is a white character (whatever that means in a different galaxy) and he assigns the black person (whatever that means blah blah) who rescued him a name, that's still not racist.
There is no negative or superior inference to any one character's race, physical appearance, etc.
It's all projection from stupid people with too much time on their hands who don't even understand the words they're using.

what about the janitor stuff? the fact that the black guy was made janitor?

Back