Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nobody in this thread is even saying it's bad or awful. Only one person has seen it. :lol

:lol I still can't find the gif Jye is describing.

Speaking of which, Kevin Smith and other die hard fans who are always talking trash on the Phantom Menace and prequels actually said something similar back in 1999 in their glowing reviews of Episode I back in the day.

Critical Opinion: The Phantom Menace Original Reviews | StarWars.com

"I’d rank it (The Phantom Menace) right after Empire in a list of fave Star Wars flicks. It starts great, ends great, and has great stuff sprinkled in between."

Now he can't even find a positive thing to say about it.

https://youtu.be/h5u1mAMMIms?t=1h15m20s

It's called being caught up in the HYPE

My reaction to Phantom menace after seeing it with my friends back in '99 was...

...it was okay.

I don't think I got any more positive about it as time went by.

Though I did say Maul was awesome.

:lol I still can't find the gif Jye is describing.

It has to be that one. I even made a check list of what Jye was describing

see

redneck = checked

chin beard - checked

scragly hair = checked

"what, come at me bro" attitude - checked

backstage at an arena or studio- checked

standing - checked

:gah: :lol

BTOMaZ5.gif

Meanwhile, I'm waiting for an answer like...

hvSwjXF.gif

Speaking of which, Kevin Smith and other die hard fans who are always talking trash on the Phantom Menace and prequels actually said something similar back in 1999 in their glowing reviews of Episode I back in the day.

Critical Opinion: The Phantom Menace Original Reviews | StarWars.com

"I’d rank it (The Phantom Menace) right after Empire in a list of fave Star Wars flicks. It starts great, ends great, and has great stuff sprinkled in between."

Now he can't even find a positive thing to say about it.

https://youtu.be/h5u1mAMMIms?t=1h15m20s

They all drank the Kool Aid, and they all will again, only to look back years from now in retrospect and see their BB8 covered with dust and think, "what was I thinking?" By the way, I have a Darth Maul double lightsaber that I bought before the film came out :lol

I remember MTV did an Attack of the Clones special and all these celebrities went t see the film at Skywalker ranch, and after they saw the film, people were saying it was up there with Empire Strikes Back. Ozzy Osborne's son was like, "It's up there with Empire...amazing! Yoda steals the show!"

It has to be that one. I even made a check list of what Jye was describing

see

They all drank the Kool Aid, and they all will again, only to look back years from now in retrospect and see their BB8 covered with dust and think, "what was I thinking?" By the way, I have a Darth Maul double lightsaber that I bought before the film came out :lol

I remember MTV did an Attack of the Clones special and all these celebrities went t see the film at Skywalker ranch, and after they saw the film, people were saying it was up there with Empire Strikes Back. Ozzy Osborne's son was like, "It's up there with Empire...amazing! Yoda steals the show!"

True. Guess I'll just have to judge it for myself. While I love Star Wars, I owe it nothing, I'm not afraid to call a turd a turd.

But my gut tells me this one will be good.

By the way, I have a Darth Maul double lightsaber that I bought before the film came out :lol

I got the one that had battery problems before the recall went out. :lol

My brother and me were messing around and smashed it in half with one of those heavy duty, non-electronic Qui-Gon ones. It ****ed my fingers up big time the way he hit it right down the middle. Good times.

True. Guess I'll just have to judge it for myself. While I love Star Wars, I owe it nothing, I'm not afraid to call a turd a turd.

But my gut tells me this one will be good.

I think most folks will give it a fair shake and call it as they see it....some will be extremist but who cares, it's a movie. Enjoy the hype, cool aid, in crowd whatever...have fun.

Will see this
on Sat...will like it just because its Star Wars...end of story...I wont buy any figures too :)

Spoiler Spoiler:

Tried to get a ticket today to see this but my local cinema complex is totally sold out for the first 2 weeks

Fist day tickets are changing hands for up to $1500 a pop. To rich for my blood.

Spoiler Spoiler:

What does he mean by
Spoiler Spoiler:

Tickets are a slow seller in my region. Just bought mine for 2pm opening day here. All sessions were still available, I thought they would have been pre sold out for the first day at least.

Anyway 20 hours to go :)

Back