1/6 Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back - 1/6th scale Darth Vader 40th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazing how Kenner informs nearly every aspect of SW collecting, even how we perceive/understand most of the movie characters.

I think the nostalgia is the best thing star wars has going for it, even today. If they showed the OT at a drive in, even today, I would go see it.

I even have a softspot for TPM, even though I didnt like a few parts of that movie, the expectation and anticipation for that film was fun looking back.

The best Star Wars movie has the fewest amount of figures.
A very old bespin luke
Yoda
Vader (mostly reused parts)
Bespin leia (loneliest figure ever)
Snow trooper
Boba (mostly a repaint)
Did I forget anything?
The snow troopers sold out quickly. This is very frustrating. Oh well, I am sure next week will be another Harley figure.

The best Star Wars movie has the fewest amount of figures.
A very old bespin luke
Yoda
Vader (mostly reused parts)
Bespin leia (loneliest figure ever)
Snow trooper
Boba (mostly a repaint)
Did I forget anything?
The snow troopers sold out quickly. This is very frustrating. Oh well, I am sure next week will be another Harley figure.

Haven?t you heard the PT is in and the OT is out lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My post was a joke in reference to the TFA Snowtroopers that never sold out and are now often on ebay for under $100 :lol

Let's hope they release the long overdue Snow Commander

Hot Toys Snowtrooper Commander proto.jpg

I think SnowTrooper Commander has a better chance than Baze. Unless he shows up in in another show, Baze is done I think.

Yeah, both of them don't really have much of a chance tbh.

Like that prototype graveyard pic people keep posting on FB in the comments of released figures. They're all low chances at this point.

However I still have a glimmer of hope that through the Cassian show they may come back to Baze. If he cameo's or not.

I only passed on Chirrut because of no Baze.

Same here. So even if Baze was released I'd still need to pass because no Chirrut now. And I think HT knows this. I think Cassian still has life as he can be standalone (with his upcoming series) or paired with either K2 or Jyn which probably sold in higher numbers than Chirrut. But not Baze at this point.

Same here. So even if Baze was released I'd still need to pass because no Chirrut now. And I think HT knows this. I think Cassian still has life as he can be standalone (with his upcoming series) or paired with either K2 or Jyn which probably sold in higher numbers than Chirrut. But not Baze at this point.

So what are the lessons here ? Holding out for a partner figure;

a). Shows Hot Toys there is not so much interest
b). Even if they do release a partner figure people won't buy the new figure because they passed on the first

So moral is if you're on the fence get the figure. If they don't release the partner figure you can always sell it later for retail minimum anyway.

So what are the lessons here ? Holding out for a partner figure;

a). Shows Hot Toys there is not so much interest
b). Even if they do release a partner figure people won't buy the new figure because they passed on the first

So moral is if you're on the fence get the figure. If they don't release the partner figure you can always sell it later for retail minimum anyway.

Actually, Hot Toys has more often than not released incomplete sets or teased/prototyped figures that are pure vaporware so the moral is unless you are satisfied with the figure on it's own without the partner, don't buy. Chirrut on his own is not something I was happy with so passed. K2, while I'd prefer to partner with Cassian, I was happy with on his own. While I'd prefer a partner for the Solo version of Han, the figure looks to stand on it's own so have ordered it.

So no, I won't just blindly buy something just because a company puts it out to somehow "earn" the second half of the set. Trust goes both ways and I have zero trust HT will finish sets because they have proven they won't.

Back