1/6 Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back - 1/6th scale Darth Vader 40th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, Hot Toys has more often than not released incomplete sets or teased/prototyped figures that are pure vaporware so the moral is unless you are satisfied with the figure on it's own without the partner, don't buy. Chirrut on his own is not something I was happy with so passed. K2, while I'd prefer to partner with Cassian, I was happy with on his own. While I'd prefer a partner for the Solo version of Han, the figure looks to stand on it's own so have ordered it.

So no, I won't just blindly buy something just because a company puts it out to somehow "earn" the second half of the set. Trust goes both ways and I have zero trust HT will finish sets because they have proven they won't.

S46LWYY.gif

And look at The Matrix 'line'. One figure. It has fallen to third party companies to make the glaringly obvious companion figures. If this site was still affiliated with Sideshow the threads for those unofficial figures wouldn't even be allowed because Hot Toys would be angry about it. **** 'em, they're not getting it done.

Last edited:
Got mine on pre order with SS.
May need another detolf at this rate of new figures.

Actually, Hot Toys has more often than not released incomplete sets or teased/prototyped figures that are pure vaporware [...]

So no, I won't just blindly buy something just because a company puts it out to somehow "earn" the second half of the set. Trust goes both ways and I have zero trust HT will finish sets because they have proven they won't.

LOL this exactly. There is no "relationship" between Hot Toys and fans of their products. They make inexplicable decisions, communicate nothing, and we can take it or leave it.

They have ZERO predictability or credibility so they can show whatever they want, none of it is indicative of actual product and neither are the pieces that actually make it to pre-order.

At this point, their most most exciting days are behind them. They can still produce exceptional work but that's hit or miss. There's a lot of highly polished product let down by perfunctory creative direction and questionable materials choices.

The ever-increasing price point is paced by the seemingly longer delays on every release, and they take very few risks, making very few interesting choices.

So what are the lessons here ? Holding out for a partner figure;

a). Shows Hot Toys there is not so much interest
b). Even if they do release a partner figure people won't buy the new figure because they passed on the first

So moral is if you're on the fence get the figure. If they don't release the partner figure you can always sell it later for retail minimum anyway.

The other option for them would be to do a Baze release and then a Baze & Chirrut double pack to satisfy any new demand for Chirrut. They did it for Tarkin + Vader.

Chirrut had "2" versions released. A regular and Deluxe. I'm sure that there are quite a number of Chirrut figures out there in collections to warrant a Baze release.

But dukefett's idea is great. Offer a Baze figure alone and a 2-pack with Chirrut. Unfortunately, that 2-pak will be quite pricey.

You guys just don?t get it.

Howard is saving those figures for his retirement or for when HT is seriously cash strapped from a few bad licenses.

They are instant money.

Bad year for HT? Release OT Lando.

Howard retirement party? HT needs a banner year for his golden parachute?

HT release Bespin Han and Luke 2 pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they're pushed hard enough, they will act on it. The existence of Krennic and multiple changes to headsculpt prototypes is testament (albeit an inconsistent one) to that. And they are still the leading authority in the hobby by a long, long mile which grants them the flexibility to be unreceptive and unpredictable. Although I do agree with the sentiment that there's no such thing as earning a second half of a figure set.

I have a MMS 279 Darth Vader that has a couple of issues. The main issue is the socket of the right arm does not connect to any of the arms/hands, so they just fall out.

1. would I be able to use the arms from MMS 279 with this one?
2. Anyone have any thoughts on the differences between the MMS 279 and this one?

Thanks.

Have you looked at changing out the hand joint pegs? I have been using the Rogue One Vader hands on the New hope Vader as the gloves look better. You might just need new pegs.

I did not. Where do you get new hand joint pegs?

Thanks.

Monkey depot, toy anxiety, ebay all usually have them in stock.Alot of figures give extras as well so if you have any other figures you might want to see if they fit. Since the gloves cover up the pegs the color wont really matter.

What is the difference between the ESB 40th anniversary and the other ESB Vader? They look the same, is the only difference the packaging?

Thanks.

Just pre-ordered this guy from Toy Buying Agent. From them it works outs to be $350 AUD, to buy it at Popcultcha is $500.

Had the original release but had to sell that last year (luckily at a bit more than what i paid for it) yet this still works out cheaper then what i paid for that one in 2018 ($400) so seemed too good a deal to pass up.

Just pre-ordered this guy from Toy Buying Agent. From them it works outs to be $350 AUD, to buy it at Popcultcha is $500.

Had the original release but had to sell that last year (luckily at a bit more than what i paid for it) yet this still works out cheaper then what i paid for that one in 2018 ($400) so seemed too good a deal to pass up.

Nicely done! Do you know how much shipping to Aus is from them?

I went with the free shipping option which is meant to be around 7 - 21 days.

EMS (3 - 5 Days) is about $48 and FedEx (2 - 5 Days) is $92.

Happy to wait it out and go with patience on these things, they are expensive enough!

I went with the free shipping option which is meant to be around 7 - 21 days.

EMS (3 - 5 Days) is about $48 and FedEx (2 - 5 Days) is $92.

Happy to wait it out and go with patience on these things, they are expensive enough!

Cheers for the heads up.
I preordered at POP but may go TBA if that is the price to Aus!!
The packaging on the Fett looks amazing so am hoping it follows through for Vader.

Back