1/6 Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back - 1/6th scale Boba Fett (Vintage Color Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really tempted to see if this one hangs around a while. Remember, the animated Boba was in stock long enough to hit free shipping on Sideshow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would not count on it. Also, isn't the animated version super expensive on the secondary market now? It's a gamble to save a few bucks on shipping if it's a figure you really want...

By the way, is there a single character that is more difficult to futz than Fett? Attaching the backpack alone is a 15 minute process EVERY SINGLE TIME! :gah:

By the way, is there a single character that is more difficult to futz than Fett? Attaching the backpack alone is a 15 minute process EVERY SINGLE TIME! :gah:

I just take a blade and get the hooks vertical and just drop it in. Literally takes 5 seconds but yeah, no reason the jetpack can?t be fully magnetic at this scale.

Other than that, anybody on the fence better get these before he eventually sells out and skyrockets.

91E96FC4-5EF3-4AC1-B7AB-CFEA45C9E9B1.jpeg

2D431A30-F5E2-495B-AAD2-5E75A8D857DE.jpeg

Awesome! Been waiting for the regular post from HK to open up for mine.

Haven?t had any problems with the jetpacks. Tweezers are your 1/6 friend.

I just take a blade and get the hooks vertical and just drop it in. Literally takes 5 seconds but yeah, no reason the jetpack can?t be fully magnetic at this scale.

Other than that, anybody on the fence better get these before he eventually sells out and skyrockets.

View attachment 490430

View attachment 490431

:clap Exact pairing I am going for except both in package! Still considering nabbing a second to open, although from the reviews it looks pretty easy to take him out and later return him to the box.

When displaying this, it somehow feels wrong to bend his knees or elbows.

Yes, but I do like Jay's first pic with the head tilt and displayed at a slight angle so you can see and understand the danger of that menacing rocket firing off and potentially lodging in your throat and choking you to death at any moment!

Seeing these awesome vintage Boba pics got me to get my ESB out and reposed. Really getting close to pulling the trigger on this one, August and September are just my biggest months when it comes to payments. Might need to sell a few but which...[emoji848]
cecbdef72c87cd5e85c84387158e42be.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 490430

View attachment 490431

Very nice pics. I like the addition of the E11. But if you really want to make him look vintage you should remove the cape and wookie braids. Maybe even the cod piece. Then he'd look just like the vintage figure.

Hot Toys should've included an E11 like many have said. And shipped him with the pieces I mentioned separate in the box to add or keep off.

:clap Exact pairing I am going for except both in package! Still considering nabbing a second to open, although from the reviews it looks pretty easy to take him out and later return him to the box.

That?s the best part. It?s literally just a piece of tape and no one would ever be able to tell.

2C924166-4B0D-448B-AAA5-52001AB6A73E.jpeg

It has become apparent to me that I would pay $100 for a toaster if it was done in this vintage Fett color scheme. I've got that Black Series fett on pre-order and can't wait. I have an entire Fett shelf and may need to create a special shelf just for Vintage color scheme Fett goodness...

View attachment 490431

Looks really cool but it almost seems to go 3/4 of the way to matching the Kenner fig - the waist sash should have been brown, and the codpiece and boots grey. I guess you could just remove the cape and braids though.

A HT version of the Kenner stormie rifle would have been a fun addition though - the Hasbro rifles were so huge.

The only element I think hurts the look is that light powder blue vest and neckpiece - I get they wanted a slight difference to the bodysuit but it sort dliutes the illusion in that area. The chest armor green also could have been a closer match, but I guess that's only noticeable with the figs side-by-side.

But overall, works very well visually for something that's technically a "gimmick" release, and looks the best of the Boba variants (like animation Fett and Proto Fett.)

It has become apparent to me that I would pay $100 for a toaster if it was done in this vintage Fett color scheme. I've got that Black Series fett on pre-order and can't wait. I have an entire Fett shelf and may need to create a special shelf just for Vintage color scheme Fett goodness...

That's the 2019 SDCC exclusive. If you have one on preorder it's the standard, not the vintage paint version.

Just received mine from TBA. He definitely packs them well. I was worried because the outer box was slightly crushed on the bottom corner but the Hots Toys box was untouched. He is now my go-to for all Hot Toys preorders from now on.
How long did it take to get?

Back