Star Wars: The Bad Batch Disney + Animated Show

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wake me up when the insurgent of rogue clones is coming..I hate those boring filter episodes.

Yeah, I hope we find out what’s going on with that hand. Maybe a bad attempt at cloning himself a new hand after losing it and not going the robotic hand route? It works but might be holding together as well as Palpatine was in TRoS?

.....Cross and Omega evading Imperials and finally doing their thing is a boring filler episode...?

I will grant you that the Rebels detour last season and the race day episode last season were garbage, along with other such in season 1 but we have yet to see wacky doings or Wacky Racers so far nowadays. Tough crowd, tough crowd.

The dog is getting on my nerves a bit.

Evidently theres some new commercial on tv now showing a close view of a ship, perhaps a shuttle being blown to smithereens and everyones literally 😱 that its the Maurauder. I dont see it but thats just me; those type shuttles are all over the place in-universe.

wake me up when the insurgent of rogue clones is coming..I hate those boring filter episodes.
People complain about “filler” until its gone.

Look at the new Netflix Avatar show. They removed all of the “filler” and it came at the cost of pivotal character moments, development and bonding.

Not every episode needs to be pew pew bang bang. I thought this one was pretty interesting for both Crosshair and Omega’s characters.

I'd argue when viewed over the season, even the "filler" episodes add to character development and later reveals too. The racing episode for example foreshadowed Cid's later betrayal of the team.

it isn't an either/or situation. You can have character development moments in core episodes. filler episodes really are to just pad episode count
They don’t need to pad out the episode count. They could have 8 episodes if they wanted to.

Not filler. It was a good episode. I was worried the next 3 episodes were going to be Hunter and Wrecker searching for Crosshair and Omega. Now THAT would have been filler.

Last edited:
They don’t need to pad out the episode count. They could have 8 episodes if they wanted to.
not really. Creatives might want just 8 but execs will want higher for many reasons, such as extending how long a season lasts ensuring retention of subscribers etc. Episode counts are usually pre-decided and ordered, the creatives then have to deliver the quantity ordered. Whether or not they enough story to fill that number of episodes depends on how good they are at writing.

Well we are coming up to a Mt Tantiss raid to free all the clones and hopefully this will provide content for Jazter here, that he's interested in. Explosions! Ships blowing up! Clones rappelling off dropships into hot zones! Giant monsters!

Will it be creative enough??!! 🤔

Im just hoping Wrecker gets his hands on that idiot Saw G.

Well we are coming up to a Mt Tantiss raid to free all the clones and hopefully this will provide content for Jazter here, that he's interested in. Explosions! Ships blowing up! Clones rappelling off dropships into hot zones! Giant monsters!

Will it be creative enough??!! 🤔

Im just hoping Wrecker gets his hands on that idiot Saw G.
Bit of a straw man since explosions and pew pew ain't what I am after (I prefer Andor over Ahsoka, you know, substance over style). I care about good writing and for episodes to build up a larger story in a meaningful way. Filler does not mean no pew pew, filler means side plots and / or self contained episodes that do not move main plot forward, the purpose of which is to extend episode count or save on budget (think of those locked in a room for whole runtime type episodes or the flashback best of moment episodes so many shows had). I have yet to watch episode 4 so don't know if it is filler or not but this show in general (seasons 1 and 2, too early to say for 3) have been a lot of filler. Much like Mandalorian seasons 1 and 2 being a single movie's worth of story each stretched over multiple episodes with lots of filler (or season 3 being less than a movies worth of main plot). Latest episode of Halo show (ep5) is filler too for example. The purpose there is to have something easy to film on low budget so more of the budget can go to episodes like ep4. In live action filler can often serve budget saving purpose. In animation it is different, budget is less of a factor since all episodes cost mostly the same amount to animate. In animation the filler is pad episode count.

I'm really rather annoyed that it took us three seasons to get to a storyline where we're not haring off on side missions, or indulging in wackiness or irrelevancies. It feels like the production team felt they were going to have ten seasons to fill, so they were all over the place but now that this is the final season, NOW we are finally gonna buckle down. The production values get higher with each season. And now, having moved higher on Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs, we're gonna end it.

Crosshair does NOT like to show vulnerability, no he does not. Which is expected, but wow no he doesn't.

to be fair though, it is the armor he uses through most of the show. If/when it does happen, there will be a few collectors who offload the original version to buy Imperial look instead so will still help you secure one :)
might have to bite that $400 secondhand market for Crosshair *OUCH

and here I am still do NOT HAVE a Crosshair Hot Toys

I remember when Phantom Menace toys came out. Lucas signed a huge deal with Toys R Us so they could have the largest roll out and the most exclusives on release, etc, etc. Right when the film came out, there were three full aisles of SW - TPM stuff. I've never seen anything like it before. Also there was saturation in the front, end caps, books, models, kids party stuff, costumes, etc, etc.

So I recall walking in, seeing other collectors there, and they all said the same thing - "Do you see a Darth Maul? Did you find one yet?" Maul was the main short pack from the case allotment for the 4-5 inch figures. As soon as it was clear Maul wasn't there, they walked right out of the store. I knew a guy who worked in a small local comic shop ( back then, they could still financially survive) He pointed out that short packing Maul was a killer. They had one Maul, then like 4 Jar Jars and 3 each of Obi Wan and Qui Gonn, etc, etc.

Sometimes I think some, not all, of the "new" Star Wars tries to completely ignore the necessity to make the stuff look cool if it was a toy or an action figure or some type of collectible. The Bad Batch is a major exception to that. Cool head sculpts, cool weapons, cool tools or gadgets, unique and cool backpacks, cool armor, cool helmet, a secondary weapon, etc, etc. IIRC, Black Series V1 Crosshair is also a tough figure to find now. I was out of the hobby for over a decade and I just don't get it. Same with McFarlane and Marvel Legends too. Want to help move a pegwarmer or a figure that most people can kind of project out to be a pegwarmer? How about jamming more cool aesthetics and accessories into it?

Sometimes this anti-weapon, anti-gun, anti-violence tone that seeps down the food chain into our action figures is exhausting. Crosshair is cool exactly for the reason why he could have never started off as a live action character in the first place. Maybe he's the current version of the short pack TPM Wave 1 Darth Maul of over 20 plus years ago. Just some thoughts.

( The compromise later was Maul was released with his Sith bike. Probably because so many collectors were so pissed off. Leave it to Lucas to find a way to nickel and dime the most popular and interesting character from EP1 )

Back