Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi | Animated Anthology Disney+ | Fall 2022

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Dooku stuff is fantastic, really adds a lot to the character and will certainly make you see him in a different light.

Also shows that the Republic wasn’t all sunshine and rainbows.

I skipped the Ahsoka stuff. I never cared for the "beloved, fan-favorite."

Dooku, however, has always been my favorite prequel character. Maybe even the ONLY prequel character I really like. What can I say? Christopher Lee was the freaking man.

It's cool to see Dooku as a Jedi. But the stories have that dour and stuffy Episode One quality that's all about senate this, and Council that, and blah blah blah. I did like that it showed how a bunch of people get needlessly killed/injured due to the greed and incompetence of rich elites. Obviously seeing this happen over and over was something that led to Dooku's decision. The animation and character and set design was awfully dull and drab, in my opinion. Usually the PT stuff is all shiny and opulent, but I'm guessing they had limited resources here. Too much sepia tone.

And the last Dooku episode featured one of my least favorite characters....the return that absolutely nobody wanted....Yaddle! I thought Yaddle got "memory-holed" really quickly after Ep 1 in order to keep Yoda more mysterious. She's like a walking plothole now that Grogu is a thing, so it surprised me to see her at all. Too bad...I half-expected her to be digitally erased from Ep 1 so that Yoda and Grogu remain the galaxy's only two little green Jedi.

The big names coming back to voice the characters in the last Dooku episode was a nice touch.

I really liked this series. Dooku's arc here made you more sympathetic to him He has fallen far by the time Clone Wars hits.

Ahsoka's backstory is interesting too. After watching the Clone Wars series, Rebels and this, she's now one of my favorite characters too. Can't wait to see her series.

My mileage was way off manufacturer specifications.

I went through all six episodes in about four minutes and despatched them into oblivion.

Never liked the prequel era and always preferred non-Jedi, so it didn't stand much hope. :lol
The show isn't for everyone, at least you aren't throwing a ridiculous rant about it. :lol

I loved the Dooku stuff but the Ahsoka stuff was mostly filler. The baby Ahsoka and Ahsoka novel adaptation weren’t necessary. The middle chapter did make the Clone Wars finale a bit more meaningful though.

The last Dooku episode was the best IMO and answered some lingering questions from TPM.

With the reintroduction of Yaddle I have to image they’re going to make her Grogu’s mother and Yoda his father. With their species so rare and knowing Grogu was at the Jedi temple during Order 66, it’s not much of a stretch to assume the only other two members of that species would be his parents. I’d be more surprised if they weren’t his parents at this point.

I loved the Dooku stuff but the Ahsoka stuff was mostly filler. The baby Ahsoka and Ahsoka novel adaptation weren’t necessary. The middle chapter did make the Clone Wars finale a bit more meaningful though.
Yeah I love Ahsoka but the Dooku stuff was just way more significant and interesting.

Funnily enough the characters aren't named after their novel counterparts. Just "old man", "Inquisitor", "Village Sister" and "Village Brother". It's similar but I guess not the same encounter.
With the reintroduction of Yaddle I have to image they’re going to make her Grogu’s mother and Yoda his father. With their species so rare and knowing Grogu was at the Jedi temple during Order 66, it’s not much of a stretch to assume the only other two members of that species would be his parents. I’d be more surprised if they weren’t his parents at this point.
I don't see them touching on it tbh, it's one of those things that just doesn't need to be explained.

So I just watched all 6 episodes. These were pretty great. Sad when the writing on these short animated stories trump the live action shows big time.

I only had one issue. Seeing Yaddle and listening to her talk was a bit.... of putting. Why do I now feel like Yoda is a bit, ummmmm how do I say, on the spectrum?

:lol

I once heard someone explain it once. Yoda was 900 years old when he died. Mid 800’s in the prequel era. Think how much English has changed over the last 800 years. The English of the 1200’s is practically an entirely different language to modern English. Yoda likely learned to speak when the language was either different or from a place it was spoken differently. For a being that old, I don’t find that a far fetched explanation. Granted it’s all fictional and there is no point applying logic to it, but given our own history it’s not out of the realm of possibility.

It does seem to settle the debate that Grogu would speak normally when he starts talking though.

It does seem to settle the debate that Grogu would speak normally when he starts talking though.

The basis of Mandalorian and Grogu is derivative of Lone Wolf And Cub. There are other Kurosawa elements and general Western themes, but the heavy Samurai tone is evident.

Filoni is not breaking new ground with Grogu. Cub never talked, or the series, films and graphic novels never got to that point. I'm not sure Grogu will as well. Also it would spin the merchandising machine on it's head and risk those big dollars. Baby Yoda is huge with kids.

I made it up until Asokha's mum vs the tiger and noped out. Now I've got the "Strong Woman" tune on repeat in my head!

Sweet Mother MacCrae! Filloni wrote the first episode? The dude needs to stop snacking on magic mushrooms. Onto the next episode.......

That episode is the worst of the series and easily skipable. Everything else is much better.
Agree. It pretty much gets better with every episode. The second half is killer and echo the sentiments that this show is all (mostly) about Dooku, some really incredible subtle animation on him.

Back