Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi | Animated Anthology Disney+ | Fall 2022

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why can't these creators just stick to specific characters that I'm interested in instead of doing what interests them? I don't care about artistic expression and the need for artists to scratch an itch, they need to specifically tailor their content to my needs, regardless of the majority of fans liking what the creators put out.

Why can't these creators just stick to specific characters that I'm interested in instead of doing what interests them? I don't care about artistic expression and the need for artists to scratch an itch, they need to specifically tailor their content to my needs, regardless of the majority of fans liking what the creators put out.
Yeah, Ahsoka is pretty popular with majority of the fans these days and she is Filoni’s baby so of course he’s gonna continue making stories involving her :lol

Especially when you're in a public setting with others that may just be trying to enjoy the movie or whatever in peace. It's just strange.

Treat the cinema like a library, shut the **** up and mind your business :lol
Exactly. My theory is that it's a need for social interaction and bonding, but I don't understand what they get out of clapping at a screen. You clap at the end of the performance at a theatre to applaud the actors and actresses. At the cinema... what's there to be gained? Some behaviours are just a mystery I suppose.

Ah yes, assembly-made corporate pop culture pulp schlock, the very peak of art and exploration of the human condition... Filoni should just hire a hooker, paint her as Ahsoka, **** her and stop making every single piece of SW media he's involved in about his waifu. I love Mara Jade, but I wouldn't put her in a story about Boba Fett just to keep looking at her, and I am utterly indifferent towards Boba Fett. Even in a PT-only TotJ we could've gotten stories about Shaak Ti, Aayla Secura, Kit Fisto, Plo-Koon, Quinlan Vos, Mace Windu, but noooooooo, let's see what kind of things baby Ahsoka left in her diaper...

Writers and their pet OCs were, are, and always will be, pure cancer; period.

Last edited:
You clap at the end of the performance at a theatre to applaud the actors and actresses. At the cinema... what's there to be gained? Some behaviours are just a mystery I suppose.

It has been fueled for several generations by the sit-com "laugh track" -- you know, when a famous star or celebrity would appear in the doorway and the "audience" would clap and cheer, sweetened in post. Like old variety shows and truly all the way back to vaudeville.

I've heard it is uniquely American.

The first time I ever remember hearing people cheer in the theater was when Brody blew up the shark in JAWS. Then again when Luke blew up the Death Star. It is the beginnings of interactive media. :lol

It has been fueled for several generations by the sit-com "laugh track" -- you know, when a famous star or celebrity would appear in the doorway and the "audience" would clap and cheer, sweetened in post. Like old variety shows and truly all the way back to vaudeville.

I've heard it is uniquely American.
Hm, I can see that, but still, the collective effort that is needed to do it just confuses me. I can see one or two social wackos trying it then five or so getting carried away, but this fever-like screaming and clapping that goes off simultaneously is just weird to me.

From videos during premieres, Indian audiences tend to go crazy with the clapping and screaming as well. I haven't seen it anywhere else.

Happy to see this, especially since it's Filloni's. :yess: I love TCW. My son grew up watching them with me, so he is a big fan of the clones & Rex..

It's sad that I am more excited to see this than any Star Wars live action show.... :rotfl

Writers and their pet OCs were, are, and always will be, pure cancer; period.

Yes. I easily ignored most Filoni fan fic by simply not watching his cartoons, but then he shoehorned that crap into Mandalorian and Boba Fett, so I had to see it. I hate it. It sucks.

Here's a hot take....my favorite comic book creator other than Otomo is Frank Miller. LOVE him. I've devoured everything he's ever done for my entire life.

I just can't understand his weird boner for Elektra, though. She's an awful character. She has ZERO personality. Nothing. She's just this blank slate in a kind of neat looking red ninja outfit. He goes on and on about how "Elektra's his baby" and he hates what Marvel did to her over the years. Like what....attempt to give her SOME semblance of a personality?

To a lesser extent, he's the same with his Carrie Kelley Robin, but at least she has a personality and she grows and changes as a character.

Anyway....Filoni's insistence on inserting that stupid rubber-headed Mary Sue into everything he touches really reminds me of Miller.

From videos during premieres, Indian audiences tend to go crazy with the clapping and screaming as well. I haven't seen it anywhere else.

Yeah, that clip that makes the rounds from "Endgame" where Cap gets the hammer and they start literally screaming and jumping like the apes at the beginning of "2001" is pure cringe fuel for me.

Yes. I easily ignored most Filoni fan fic by simply not watching his cartoons, but then he shoehorned that crap into Mandalorian and Boba Fett, so I had to see it. I hate it. It sucks.

Here's a hot take....my favorite comic book creator other than Otomo is Frank Miller. LOVE him. I've devoured everything he's ever done for my entire life.

I just can't understand his weird boner for Elektra, though. She's an awful character. She has ZERO personality. Nothing. She's just this blank slate in a kind of neat looking red ninja outfit. He goes on and on about how "Elektra's his baby" and he hates what Marvel did to her over the years. Like what....attempt to give her SOME semblance of a personality?

To a lesser extent, he's the same with his Carrie Kelley Robin, but at least she has a personality and she grows and changes as a character.

Anyway....Filoni's insistence on inserting that stupid rubber-headed Mary Sue into everything he touches really reminds me of Miller.
You didn't have to watch anything, you can still enjoy The Mandalorian (you can't enjoy BOBF regardless) without seeing TCW and Rebels like many other people do.

Ahsoka is far from a Mary Sue, she's actually had plenty of character development through failure and hardship to get to where she is. At the very beginning she was very unlikeable, brash and a bit naive but throughout the seasons of The Clone Wars she grew from her experiences and there's a reason she's a fan favourite now; but that wasn't always the case.

Last edited:

I started watching TCW a little bit after it started airing, S2 or so I think. I gave it up eventually, I found it boring. But around '20, '21, I went back and sped through it. There were some passably good moments for a cartoon, but the majority of it was cheap and trite, made solely to sell toys and filled with cliches. Normally that wouldn't bother me, it is a cartoon, but for all the praise it gets, it didn't live up to its hype. I then went and watched Rebels, which was made tolerable due to Thrawn and Kanan. And of course Filoni added his OC there too, and he had the perfect way to end her arc, but noooo, he had to introduce goddamn time travel to save her...

I don't know, I like Elektra well enough. She's a basic character but I don't dislike her. Very few cape characters are actually deep and well fleshed out; most are just archetypes that change their slangs as the years move on.

Filoni's fault to me is that he's just childish. I'll never forgive him for how he handled Grievous. He wants to **** Ahsoka and then just does watered down EU stories. He's got no actual taste, he's a yes man who reeks of pop culture being his only inspiration. SW worked because Lucas mashed up a myriad different things. It's why old capes used to work. Now that every "creative" is brought up only on pop culture, they can do nothing but rehash it in various limited ways, over and over.

Yeah, that clip that makes the rounds from "Endgame" where Cap gets the hammer and they start literally screaming and jumping like the apes at the beginning of "2001" is pure cringe fuel for me.
Yeah, it's cringy no matter how you put it. And I just don't get the excitement. Neither do I get those tweets going "zeeeomgeeeeee one of the best moments of my life", like the Kevin Smith ones and whatnot. And then I remember that I've "invested" (poor choice of words considering there's nothing to be gained) more in these things than 99% of the people posting them... Whenever the majority gets ahold of something, they ruin it, and that's the truth.

Ahsoka is far from a Mary Sue, she's actually had plenty of character development through failure and hardship to get to where she is. At the very beginning she was very unlikeable, brash and a bit naive but throughout the seasons of The Clone Wars she grew from her experiences and there's a reason she's a fan favourite now; but that wasn't always the case.
I will agree with this however. She pissed me off by being a bratty kid in the beginning, but she did grow as time went on. I'm just pissed she appears everywhere Filoni goes. It's just disgusting at this point when you know he's commissioned "art" of her. But compared with actual Mary Sue characters of recent years, like Carl Manvers, Moon Girl and the such, she's nowhere near that. She's a proper character, I just don't like her appearing everywhere. If I found her more interesting I'd be more lenient, but as it is she's just a passable 6/10 personality-wise to me.

Well some people are tired of seeing Ahsoka everywhere; I'm sick of seeing Skywalkers everywhere. That story is done, time to move on.

Lore stories like KOTOR, The Acolyte more about ancient Sith and Jedi are far more exciting to me now.

While it is cool seeing Hayden and Ewan back, the possibility of seeing Revan, Malak, Malgus and more in live action is far cooler.

Back