Star Wars Saga (OT/PT/ST) Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished watching TLJ with my son and holy smokes that movie not only improves after each viewing it?s definitely on par with TROS at times, better than TROS at times and worse than TROS at times but one thing is certain both are better than TFA.

Another thing is certain I can EASILY sit thru them because they actually feel like real movies unlike the herculean effort it takes to sit thru those 8th grade level PT productions.

I didn?t even roll my eyes at Canto this time out lol

I like it when Luke tells Leia that no one is really ever gone then places Han?s dice in her hand.setting up his return.

Yeah, I said it not too long ago after my most recent viewing of TLJ but I'm pretty amazed that even with it being the longest SW film it somehow feels like it goes by the quickest. It's just so perfectly paced even with everything going on, it breathes without getting boring while still moving at a good clip without feeling rushed.

I'll never fault anyone for rejecting this movie on the basis of where it took the story but I really do see appreciation of its filmmaking prowess growing in the years to come. Even though TROS is my favorite of the ST I lean toward calling out TLJ as the best made. Plus it looks so damn beautiful in 4K with its native 4K transfer.

Editing is really where a film is made. I make a lot of Home movie and over the years it?s gone from a bunch of clips, to a narrative story with emotion impact. Granted if the shots are not there, you have less to work with, but the emotional punch is in the editing followed closely by the score.

Premiered my first mini family film to my sisters family today, as a Christmas present.....and as hoped , tears all around.

It takes a lot of tweaking and queuing to the score, but if done correctly , it takes what essentially is a bunch of moments, and makes an emotional experience/memory that lasts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just finished watching TLJ with my son and holy smokes that movie not only improves after each viewing it?s definitely on par with TROS at times, better than TROS at times and worse than TROS at times but one thing is certain both are better than TFA.

Another thing is certain I can EASILY sit thru them because they actually feel like real movies unlike the herculean effort it takes to sit thru those 8th grade level PT productions.

I didn?t even roll my eyes at Canto this time out lol

I like it when Luke tells Leia that no one is really ever gone then places Han?s dice in her hand.setting up his return.

Can someone please get Mickey?s fist out of Jye?s ass please. It?s so far up it?s affecting his train of thought.

8th grade level production?

But durrrrrrr they fly now? Is genius level storytelling

I?m glad ajp saw the light and said..... damn this **** kinda blows lol

Merry Christmas tho . Let me know when your signed copies of the PT come in the mail

giphy.gif

Merry Christmas tho . Let me know when your signed copies of the PT come in the mail

If you weren't so blinded by your incorrect ST opinions you might actually realize that me, ajp, and JAWS have embraced the PT like never before. You should be glad. ;)

I'm sure that will continue even more once the Obi-Wan series repairs even more of the damage. :lecture

If you weren't so blinded by your incorrect ST opinions you might actually realize that me, ajp, and JAWS have embraced the PT like never before. You should be glad. ;)

I'm sure that will continue even more once the Obi-Wan series repairs even more of the damage. :lecture

So have I :tap

At least 5% more lol

ROTS is the only one I can sit straight thru but even that takes extra daily vitamins.

Oh who wants my covid update my beard and hair stopped growing and when they shaved my chest 30 days ago to place the ekg electrodes that area they shaved is not growing any chest hair back.

Doctors don't know if it's the covid or the antibody steroid mix treatment.

Dr said if memory loss starts in a few weeks to let him know.

Yay me lol

Brb wife giving me my 150th dose of Robitussin that **** is expensive I could've bought a HT already lol

Last edited:
ROTS is the only one I can sit straight thru but even that takes extra daily vitamins.

Oh who wants my covid update my beard and hair stopped growing and when they shaved my chest 30 days ago to place the ekg electrodes that area they shaved is not growing any chest hair back.

Doctors don't know if it's the covid or the antibody steroid mix treatment.

Dr said if memory loss starts in a few weeks to let him know.

Yay me lol

Brb wife giving me my 150th dose of Robitussin that **** is expensive I could've bought a HT already lol

ROTS and TFA are the only two of the six I can watch in one sitting.

ROTS and TFA are the only two of the six I can watch in one sitting.

Well I meant ROTS is the only PT movie I can tolerate straight thru.

The others I can also are OT/ST but man ROTJ can get rough in spots.

I just realized I own all 3 of the ST in 3D I had forgotten until my wife just showed me the discs. :slap

Wait....:horror

I?ve probably seen ROTS three times in its entirety; TFA as well. Bits and pieces of them since.

It feels like I?ve seen the OT a thousand times, but in reality probably ... no more than a dozen times or so for each film in its entirety? Then a LOT of partial viewings, beyond counting.

I don?t know...probably underestimating. Let?s say between 20 and 30 times then, from start to finish. I?ve maybe seen ANH and ESB more than ROTJ.

Saw TFA and TLJ twice in the theatre; TROS once in the theatre and haven?t viewed it or TLJ since, although I checked out the odd scene from TLJ probably.

TROS is like a ... it?s like a bad X-Men film for me. :lol

Nothing really stayed with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back