Star Wars On Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Adywan is such a talented guy, might clean those up and add them to the movie to make his "A New Hope Revisited Revisited".
Loved his version of EP IV, especially those hundreds of TIEs to answer the death star attack of the rebels, seen at 3:00 ...
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKNrK53uA84"]‪Adywan Death Star Attack Comparison‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

91mVWEeYsEL._AA1500_.jpg

Don't get why the ATOTC Yoda is on the EP I disk... Should have been Obi-Wan (if they wanted to use the blue theme) or Maul.
Can't wait to see the CGI Yoda in TPM btw :panic:

But remember the Jedi Luke Cave sequence they showed last year? It was 100% cleaned up. I bet the footage we saw in this trailer was raw( except for Luke ignighting his saber), and we'll get clean cut footage. Don't worry!

I thought that, too, but then I figured I'd just remembered wrong. :p

Do we know if the extra scenes are going to be cut back into the movis? I also find myself wondering what these scenes will mean for us as collectors?

the scenes are on the deleted scenes disc.
would be stoked if some are cut in but im sure they wont be.
Lucas wouldnt do that again,LOL.

I am also hoping that Lapti Nek and Sebastian Shaw are at least on the deleted Jedi disc and that Han shoots first is inserted into ANH instead of made a deleted scene contender.

I am also hoping that Lapti Nek and Sebastian Shaw are at least on the deleted Jedi disc and that Han shoots first is inserted into ANH instead of made a deleted scene contender.

I hadn't thought of that, but you're absolutely right. It would be really annoying to not have basic scenes like that available in some form. Unfortunately I'm not at all sure they will be.

Do we know if the extra scenes are going to be cut back into the movis? I also find myself wondering what these scenes will mean for us as collectors?

In about 10 years time when Lucasfilm hasn't anything better to bring out then we might, i say MIGHT just get an ultimate edition version of the movies.

Surely if what Lucas says they have the ability to restore and reshoot using CGI the Wampa attack scene in Empire. Plus if any of the films needed a re-edit its Attack of the Clones and the need to insert the Jedi raid on the Federation command ship.

Apparently the lightsabre effects from the 2004 dvd release are getting tweaked.Hopefully this means the Millennium falcon luke training scene plus the Vader Vs Luke in the Emperor's throne room scene.

Apparently the lightsabre effects from the 2004 dvd release are getting tweaked.Hopefully this means the Millennium falcon luke training scene plus the Vader Vs Luke in the Emperor's throne room scene.

one can only hope.. least we dont have to wait months and months for the release :yess:

Phantom Menace Yoda is also 100% confirmed digital now... not that that will help the film be any better :)

I wish Lucas would release the original non-special edition theatrical versions of the OT on blu-ray. I've grown tired of the cg "enhancements" over the years. It's ironic because the added cg scenes seem to start looking outdated really fast.

I wish Lucas would release the original non-special edition theatrical versions of the OT on blu-ray. I've grown tired of the cg "enhancements" over the years. It's ironic because the added cg scenes seem to start looking outdated really fast.

I think the last we will see of the Original OT is the DVDs from a few years back. Lucas has stated over and over the new SE are the new OT in his eyes...no matter what the fans want. Kinda sad, really.

The Non special editions were released on DVD...without all the enhancements - I don't know that they'd release it on BLuRay - maybe -as an extra disc type thing

The disc images really confuse me. I mean how is Luke, arguably the second most important sw character behind Vader/Anakin, not on a single disc? Lando, Dooku, and Chewie though? Odd. . .

I think the last we will see of the Original OT is the DVDs from a few years back. Lucas has stated over and over the new SE are the new OT in his eyes...no matter what the fans want. Kinda sad, really.

I still have the non-SE original trilogy on Laserdisc in my closet. Unfortunately - my laserdisc player died years ago :(

Back