Star Wars Live Action and Clone Wars TV shows

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Clone Wars

kids can take it. give them more credit.

Few people give kids more credit as to their abilities than I do. It is not about whether they can, it is about whether they should.

it's actually these overly-sensitive parents that's the problem:lol By cutting it out, I'm sure Cartoon Network and LucasFilms just avoided coming into work tomorrow morning to a flood of e-mail complaints, so I can't even blame them for doing what they did

How is this?

How is this?

I was just saying, I can't think of any other reason for cutting out 4 measly seconds if they weren't afraid of getting some type of "backlash" from parents or some type of children's "group". Of course, people who visit forums to talk about the scene will have no problem with it, but what about some random sensitive parent in middle America who's 3 year old son watches the show? They were probably just trying to be safe rather than sorry

I thought that was the coolest thing ever. I can't believe Gerorgie boy let them do that! Thats what I want to see from that character. Brutal vicious and deadly. It's obvious why CN cut it But I think it's an awesome thing.

Assaaj is now my favorite CW badass.

She has always been the best CW badass.

I understand not wanting to expose children to images they can't handle subconsciously. Most kids can handle a lot consciously, but introducing certain imagery is questionable. I watch zombie movies with my niece because she loves the concept, but there are certain shots that I won't let her see. She would not admit to be frightened by them if I let her see, and she probably wouldn't be lying, but I don't want those things in her head.

I don't know that this qualified (a kiss before she kills him? I think that would be lost on most kids), but the potential for backlash from parents who obsess over the surface phenomena is the sort of thing CN is known for respecting (ATF movie ad campaign, anyone?)

She has always been the best CW badass.

I understand not wanting to expose children to images they can't handle subconsciously. Most kids can handle a lot consciously, but introducing certain imagery is questionable. I watch zombie movies with my niece because she loves the concept, but there are certain shots that I won't let her see. She would not admit to be frightened by them if I let her see, and she probably wouldn't be lying, but I don't want those things in her head.

I don't know that this qualified (a kiss before she kills him? I think that would be lost on most kids), but the potential for backlash from parents who obsess over the surface phenomena is the sort of thing CN is known for respecting (ATF movie ad campaign, anyone?)

:lecture:lecture:lecture Personally, while I don't intentionally subject my kids to that stuff, if I'm watching a horror movie in the other room and my daughter comes in, I'll warn her about it. If she stays, she stays. If it's too much for her, she'll leave. She sat through The Wolfman (remake) which surprised me so I made it a point to show her the behind-the-scenes stuff afterward so she'd understand it's just a man in a suit. She's completely grasped that concept and she's only 4. People don't give kids enough credit.

all i can say is i had full access to TMC when i was kid in the 80's and watched all the horror/violence/sex my heart could desire from age 4 and onward. now i'm all ____ed up because of it. i just thought i'd warn you parents who feel your kids can handle it because my parents felt the same way about me.

all i can say is i had full access to TMC when i was kid in the 80's and watched all the horror/violence/sex my heart could desire from age 4 and onward. now i'm all ____ed up because of it. i just thought i'd warn you parents who feel your kids can handle it because my parents felt the same way about me.

Well...'nuff said, then.

As a kid, before I knew movies were make-believe, what scared the crap out of me most was seeing the original Planet of the Apes. The idea that the near future would result in a nuclear holocaust where apes would become the dominant species & treat people like wild animals screwed me up in the head for a long time.

In fact, to this day, I have an easier time accepting the theory of evolution than intelligent design because of it! ;-)

And you sleep all day and order toys off the internet. :wave

Sometimes it's the suggestive, more subtle stuff that might trip a kid up, at least it was for me when I was little...

That "kiss of death" was more about the character and wasn't that shocking...seems a strange cut to me.

The more amazing, provocative scene was the destruction of all those fetal cylinders during the invasion. All of those crashing, smashing glass jars and the implication of what was in them was far more shocking than some bald chick planting a wet one on a guy before impaling him....hmmm, no wait...that's pretty provocative too!

Interesting how far they can go when it's just a "cartoon".
Just that idea alone will keep me watching this show...

Sometimes it's the suggestive, more subtle stuff that might trip a kid up, at least it was for me when I was little...

That "kiss of death" was more about the character and wasn't that shocking...seems a strange cut to me.

The more amazing, provocative scene was the destruction of all those fetal cylinders during the invasion. All of those crashing, smashing glass jars and the implication of what was in them was far more shocking than some bald chick planting a wet one on a guy before impaling him....hmmm, no wait...that's pretty provocative too!

Interesting how far they can go when it's just a "cartoon".
Just that idea alone will keep me watching this show...

I noticed that too, but the jars looked empty to me. :huh

I just finished watching season 1 on DVD with my twin brother and it was pretty cool. It's a pity that we have to wait until October for season 2 to come to DVD. The episode with Waxer,Boiler and Numa was pretty moving. I can't wait to get that 3 pack!

And you sleep all day and order toys off the internet. :wave
Exactly!!! i said i was ____ed up. i wasn't joking. look what happened to me, people. i sleep all day and collect dolls. i'm uneducated and i have absolutely no ambitions in life. monitor your kids' TV habits. it's your only hope.

that had better be back in the DVD/bluray. i thought that killing blow seemed like it was edited.

I thought the same thing... like it happened too quickly, especially for a clone who they'd given a name and some back story. That edited scene was pretty cool, definitely hope it makes it back in.

Further proof on how parents these day can and will complain about ANYTHING

https://www.examiner.com/celebrity-headlines-in-national/katy-perry-song-on-seasame-street-parents-outraged-at-revealing-breasts-video

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/JXiFsB4SYlc?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/JXiFsB4SYlc?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Because all women should dress like Pixletwin's wives:

FLDSappeal.jpg

Like the douchy, over-obsessed, OCD HT nitpicks here, I think they just need something to _____ about to take the attention off of their own pathetic existence.

If the show were to become more "adult-oriented" or at least adding some subtext, I was thinking it might be interesting to show Dooku start to question Sidious' orders or at least realize he might be heading down farther than he wanted.

I'm not sure how it would work, but maybe just a bit more going into how Dooku wanted Obi-Wan to join him in AOTC and adding some background to the look Dooku shot Palpatine when he told Anakin to "kill him" in the beginning of ROTS.

If the show were to become more "adult-oriented" or at least adding some subtext, I was thinking it might be interesting to show Dooku start to question Sidious' orders or at least realize he might be heading down farther than he wanted.

I'm not sure how it would work, but maybe just a bit more going into how Dooku wanted Obi-Wan to join him in AOTC and adding some background to the look Dooku shot Palpatine when he told Anakin to "kill him" in the beginning of ROTS.

I think the series is a perfect mix of adult theme and kiddie fun. As for Dooku, he was a straight-up tool. The fact that he was even there in ROTS and the look he shot Palps proved he was nothing more than a tool. While I don't think they should start having him try to recruit Obi, I think finding a few situations to give the two some casual dialogue would be great.

I think the series is a perfect mix of adult theme and kiddie fun. As for Dooku, he was a straight-up tool. The fact that he was even there in ROTS and the look he shot Palps proved he was nothing more than a tool. While I don't think they should start having him try to recruit Obi, I think finding a few situations to give the two some casual dialogue would be great.

Yeah, that's basically what I was getting at. Give Dooku some depth, explore his motivations. There are a few other fallen Jedi in the EU, but this is out chance to explore it in proper continuity. Dooku was simply a pawn of Sidious, but Dooku was the guy who trained Qui-Gon, there's a lot of history there, and I wouldn't mind seeing some hints towards the end that Dooku might regret his actions.

Delve into the background there, was it Palpatine that approached Dooku or was it Sidious?? Did Dooku already leave the Jedi before he turned to the Dark Side, or did the Dark Side tempt him to leave?? It's a good way to explore the nature of the Force. Obviously, Anakin's turn was a bit clunky, but perhaps they have a chance to do a do-over and show another Jedi turning to the Dark Side.

Shoot, with this "Secrets Revealed" theme they've got going, I'm interested in knowing Sidious's history. Obviously he was Steve Palpatine before he became Darth Sidious, or did he invent the Palpatine persona after he became a Dark Lord??

I'm just much more interested in the nature of the Force than I am about the militaristic aspects of Star Wars.

Back