Star Wars: Frames

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
According to the site, someone emailed the publisher and this is what they got back:

Hello,

We are taking pre-orders now and are shipping in February 2009.

Frames pricing is as follows:

BATCH A (#1 - #250) $4,000
BATCH B (#251 - #500) $4,250
BATCH C (#501 - #750) $4,500
BATCH D (#751 – #1,000) $4,750
BATCH E (#1,001 – #1,138) $5,000

Are you *****ing me?!

That's absurd for a set of picture books. There are first editions of classic literature that can had for less than that. What a waste. I love Star War and I think that despite his flaws Lucas is a visionary in the film industry, but this sucks. This should be something like Star Wars Chronicles - a few hundred backs tops - something within most collectors' means.

For those that do order this, I can only hope that all the edge and corner chiping and rubbing on this sample picture is NOT an indication of what you'll be dealing with. This comes off as cheap, using soft woods and not proper finishing. Lucas has a penchant for the Arts and Crafts movement and the design of the case (and price) reflects this. The craftsmanship, however does not.

My thoughts exactly. I am a huge fan of the arts and crafts style. For several grand, these cases should be handmade from proper hardwoods and have several layers of finish on them, not some cheap machined crappy pine box with a faux cherry stain.

You just know that one of the frames will be the original Death Star blowing up.

And you just know it'll be from the Special Edition instead of the original release -- another reason to pass for me.

I'd love to get these, Insight Editions make beautiful books, but the price and the weight???? leaves it in the hands of the Elite.

D:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

What's the difference between the Death Star blowing up in the original and SE?

Several years and some computer animation.

Bada bing!

Zing!

Actually, he added a halo effect emanating from the blast that's not present in the original. I'll admit it's a more interesting explosion, but just not iconic like the original is.

If I had that kind o money to afford all those books my debts would be paid off.

What are they thinking with those prices in this day in age of economy slumps?

To that I say, "Kiss my what?

I've had my epiphany for the day and I just figured out I have a $40 DVD player from Wal-Mart that will play my Star Wars in still frame for around $10 a DVD. Of course, there are six movies to watch and they are probably not as high a resolution as these fancy new LucasBooks, but the older I get, the blinder I become. So I sacrifice the sooner, rather than the later. Damn, I hate getting priced out!!!

I can't wait to make fun of the first tool who orders one. :D

If I ever paid that much for a book, I don't think I could bring myself to break the spine and turn the pages. Of course, then there would be no point of buying the book in the first place. So I obviously will not be exchanging a kidney for this.

you could use the photos from Eps 1-3 for backup toilet paper.

Good idea.

Back