Star Wars: Frames

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, that will keep me from getting it. Lucas can stick it with those prices and all because of his signature I'm sure.

I can see this being legit, and it's a shame that a cool thing like this is being made into such an elitist item.

That's definitely insane and a huge pass for me. I would pay $300-500 for it, max. I wish him luck if it's really going to be offered at those prices.

According to the site, someone emailed the publisher and this is what they got back:

Hello,

We are taking pre-orders now and are shipping in February 2009.

Frames pricing is as follows:

BATCH A (#1 - #250) $4,000
BATCH B (#251 - #500) $4,250
BATCH C (#501 - #750) $4,500
BATCH D (#751 – #1,000) $4,750
BATCH E (#1,001 – #1,138) $5,000

Maybe Sideshow will discount it??

I just can't think of a reason why those prices would make sense to anybody. I know he doesn't give his signature out very often, but that kind of money is crazy.

I just can't think of a reason why those prices would make sense to anybody. I know he doesn't give his signature out very often, but that kind of money is crazy.

Exactly I mean in all honesty they're just pictures in books. I've got several LOTR and SW books with great shots in them for 1/10th of the cost.

Well that sucks... oh well, at least the elitist collectors will have something to brag about :lol

Wow, my interest in this just went out the window with the Sonics. :)

Last edited:
I like the idea of stills from the films, but found the "it's not about technology" bit quite hiliarious!

:lol

yeah its like he hasn't watched any of his movies at all. as much of a fan that i am, but the prequels are more CGI than live action.
~~and this is an easy pass for me. thanks, but no thanks. i have a digital frame so i'll just download thousands of pictures and display them where ever i want.

Well guys, let's face it they're gonna be huge books with more than a thousand of high quality pictures... the box alone would have cost 250 to 300 dollars or maybe more as it is made of wood with sculptures of Yoda and Vader on the sides... Before seeing the insane prices you guys posted I was thinking of buying it... I was thinking it should cost like 1,138 dollars (;)) or 1,999 as each book is like 44x11 inches when opened so It's huge... i really wasn't expecting a price cheaper than 1,000 dollars for this box, as I said I think I'd have considered buying it IF it would have cost from 1,000 to 2,000 dollars but this price is out of range for me, If I have had the money for that price I would have preferred to buy Artoo or Threpio lifesize droids. If those really are true prices I must say goodbye to This! :(

2538082814_e55eef12a7_o.jpg
2538094066_b7f3945919_o.jpg

The box is hideous, IMO.
If you want some great looking prints, get the old Star Wars Masterworks set. This is just insanity.

What I'm starting to think is that the pricepoint won't be the one you guys mentioned before... as I don't think there are 1138 Star Wars collectors willingly to pay 4 to 5 thousand dollars for this box... I think the price will be cheaper... I can think of 50 people purchasing a collectible like The Vader Bronze statue or the next Boba Bronze statue for that price, but If they'll produce 1138 box at that price It will be a great loss IMO... Only time will tell.

For those that do order this, I can only hope that all the edge and corner chiping and rubbing on this sample picture is NOT an indication of what you'll be dealing with. This comes off as cheap, using soft woods and not proper finishing. Lucas has a penchant for the Arts and Crafts movement and the design of the case (and price) reflects this. The craftsmanship, however does not.

What I find funny (besides the price and Lucas' "It's not about the technology" comment) is that each book reportedly has around 230 images that show defining and/or "iconic" moments from that movie.

In a two hour move, how the ^^^^ can there be 230 defining images??? There aren't even that many scenes in a two hour movie!!

What's funny is that the press release describe how those 230 were culled personally by Lucas from over a million frames. Well, there are 24 frames per second, so what'd he do: go through each frame and pick which angle he liked best when Background Character #34 was turning their head??

:lol :lol :lol :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

I can see how there would be that many defining images. When you have a big scene involving multiple characters you could have them, and if the scene is a pivotal one then there could be a progression of feelings from it. For example the scene at the beginning of ROTS when Padme and Anakin reunite. There's their joy at seeing each other again, then Padme telling Anakin she's in the family way, then the brief "Oh ^^^^" expression he has that quickly shifts to happiness.

Back