Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel even less about the ST than I find things to think about.

There is so little "heart" in the ST it doesn't even move the needle to me - anything that you are supposed to feel, beyond crassly calibrated and calculated nostalgia (one more extended CF hug and I'll scream - she's given the too-long grandma hug to everyone but Nien Nunb,) always seems so obvious or lifted from the OT character equivalent (aww, parentless desert dweller, aww plucky-cute dome-droid, etc)

You know who Carrie did give a nice big Grandma hug to? Chew ****ing bacca!

You know who Carrie did give a nice big Grandma hug to? Chew ****ing bacca!

Let's just say she spread the love to all in one way or another.

latest

Princess-Leia-behind-the-scenes-starwars7.jpg

I'm shocked and offended that no one's gone after Chewbacca for that toxic and predatory behavior.

Chewbacca's not a white male. It's impossible for anyone other than a white male to be toxic and predatory. Duh.

So Benioff and Weiss are no longer doing their own trilogy. They also had Netflix projects and 'not enough time' as they put it, and chose Netflix.

Even though it seems mutual this time, Kennedy's rate of hired directors leaving for one reason or the other remains exceedingly high.

I wonder if this bodes well for Rian, waiting in the shadows...? :lol

Wow I see that a number of GoT fans are now seething with rage that B&W rushed the final season and crapped on the entire series just so they could sign on with LFL...and then quit. :pow

Todd Phillips should make his move now and pitch a Joker style setting in the seedy underbelly of Coruscant.

Film at those steps in the bronx again lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Wow I see that a number of GoT fans are now seething with rage that B&W rushed the final season and crapped on the entire series just so they could sign on with LFL...and then quit. :pow

It's understandable internet rage:). They forced at least two full seasons of content into half of one season. HBO was prepared to fully back the show so it's all on those guys.

Netflix gave them 200 million. You really think Disney is going to compete? After season 8 of GOT and all the fan hate it got can Disney really afford to piss off any more Star Wars fans?

So Benioff and Weiss are no longer doing their own trilogy. They also had Netflix projects and 'not enough time' as they put it, and chose Netflix.

Even though it seems mutual this time, Kennedy's rate of hired directors leaving for one reason or the other remains exceedingly high.

I wonder if this bodes well for Rian, waiting in the shadows...? :lol

I think it's likely that Disney/Lucasfilm changed their minds, and they were OK with leaving since they had another big project.
It's not impossible to do multiple big projects at the same time, Jon Favreau was doing The Lion King at the same time he was doing The Mandalorian.

What the hell is wrong with Kathleen? Is she just incapable of running the ship? How do you keep hiring people and then firi-- I mean, parting ways.

Someone just put Favreau in charge.

This hyperactive hiring phase is going to be looked back on with amusement. That time when everyone who seemed like a 'name' was getting a trilogy to oversee. Must make moar content!

Last edited:
What the hell is wrong with Kathleen? Is she just incapable of running the ship? How do you keep hiring people and then firi-- I mean, parting ways.

Someone just put Favreau in charge.

23 Marvel films and they only had to replace Patty Jenkins for Thor 2 and Edgar Wright for Ant-Man (unless I'm forgetting someone else.)

Compared to LFL who has had four films and 23 directors, lol.

I mean it is kinda funny that amidst the elevated awareness of gender equality Kathy Kennedy is like “put the couch over there....nah, over there.”

Back