Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh no, they should be so unfortunate as to have a $200 million opening weekend

I mean they might get it, opening movies are always 12.25 in my local theater chain, any Disney flick is inflated by 2 bucks meaning this movie is being sold by 14.25 each ticket in my city. Disney numbers mean **** nowdays

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

any Disney flick is inflated by 2 bucks meaning

giphy.gif

I would love to dress down Rose.

I wonder if they felt pressure to include a close-up for Rose in the TROS trailer, despite apparently not having a major presence in the movie. Like there would have been a backlash if they didn't.

OMG - all three Prequels were well over 2 hours long. How did I make it through those sittings?:lol

Interesting that the three best trilogy movies are the shortest. It's like the more you know what you're doing, the more concise you can be. And conversely...

ESB is almost HALF AN HOUR shorter than TLJ?:slap:slap

Attack of the Clones was 2 hours and ten minutes? :horror The collective waster of time - millions of hours lost forever. :lol

I wonder if they felt pressure to include a close-up for Rose in the TROS trailer, despite apparently not having a major presence in the movie. Like there would have been a backlash if they didn't.

In that interview (the excerpt of which I posted above) it says she now has a more "important" role in the Resistance - which is probably meant to compensate for her greatly reduced screen time.

Sitting through TLJ in the theater was painful, especially the second time. I haven't watched it since and don't plan to. So much unnecessary filler. I'll never understand how the Rose/Finn sequence survived executive scrutiny. It contributed absolutely nothing to the plot of the film and went on seemingly forever. Kathleen Kennedy is to blame.

I don?t mind TLJ yet in my mind you?re 100% right lol

But I don?t judge SW with my mind I judge them with my heart.

Except the PT I judge them with my suna (spell that backwards)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I don?t mind TLJ yet in my mind you?re 100% right lol

But I don?t judge SW with my mind I judge them with my heart.

I feel even less about the ST than I find things to think about.

There is so little "heart" in the ST it doesn't even move the needle to me - anything that you are supposed to feel, beyond crassly calibrated and calculated nostalgia (one more extended CF hug and I'll scream - she's given the too-long grandma hug to everyone but Nien Nunb,) always seems so obvious or lifted from the OT character equivalent (aww, parentless desert dweller, aww plucky-cute dome-droid, etc)

Except the PT I judge them with my suna (spell that backwards)

For me an inserted testing probe during TPM and AOTC would have read off the scale, then ceased to function due to the crush pressure.:lol

I feel even less about the ST than I find things to think about.

There is so little "heart" in the ST it doesn't even move the needle to me - anything that you are supposed to feel, beyond crassly calibrated and calculated nostalgia (one more extended CF hug and I'll scream - she's given the too-long grandma hug to everyone but Nien Nunb,) always seems so obvious or lifted from the OT character equivalent (aww, parentless desert dweller, aww plucky-cute dome-droid, etc)

For me an inserted testing probe during TPM and AOTC would have read off the scale, then ceased to function due to the crush pressure.:lol

I hear ya I don?t think you?re wrong but SW has been off the rails since 1983 so i?m used to it by now I just go with the corporate flow maybe just out of sheer boredom by this stage of my miserable existence on this miserable planet we?re freaking stuck on lol

I hear ya I don?t think you?re wrong but SW has been off the rails since 1983 so i?m used to it by now I just go with the corporate flow maybe just out of sheer boredom by this stage of my miserable existence on this miserable planet we?re freaking stuck on lol

We are all trapped on our own version of Jakku, dreaming big, fighting the hate. Furry horses galloping on star destroyers, whatever it takes.

attachment.php

Kylo being overshadowed by Rey was a given. The main hero has always gotten the bulk of screen time in the "Episode" movies. But even so, Rey's journey has just as much to do with Kylo as it does with finding herself. She's the "yin" to Kylo's "yang" (no euphemism meant there).

As for Snoke, there's no way he has overshadowed Kylo. Maybe in the minds of some fans who wanted Snoke to be something more than he was ever meant to be; but not in reality. In TLJ, even before Kylo split him in half, Snoke had the classic "Emperor's Theme" playing in the background; it wasn't even his own theme (the one from TFA). :lol I don't think Snoke was ever meant to be more than a red herring, and a means to an end, in the big picture.

The ST is Kylo's story (for me, anyway). Han and Leia presumably split because of Kylo. Han died because of him. Luke went into exile because of him. Luke died because of him. Rey came into the story because of him. The question for me now is: was it Palpatine who was actually responsible for Kylo (through Snoke) all along?

The first two movies had a lot to do with Kylo's negative effect on the OT characters, and tearing down what they had built. Hopefully, the third movie will be about why (but probably not :lol), and then how he chooses to resolve all of what has come to pass.

As I said, I completely agree with your assessment of Kylo, but I still believe he was too overshadowed by Rey and Snoke.
Again, you're right about Rey being the protagonist and having more screen time, but the thing is: Kylo is never a real threat to Rey... That's where it doesn't work and Kylo becomes less effective as a true antagonist to be the driving force behind the story. Vader was a serious and credible threat to Luke and the Rebellion, Kylo isn't, that is left for Snoke, which again undermines Kylo's credibility as the main antagonist of the story. In the OT the Emperor only became the true antagonist in the third film, to give way to Vader's redemption. Conversely, in the PT Palpatine is always the main antagonist and his henchmen are there merely to mislead the heroes. He is never overshadowed by Maul, Dooku or Grievous.
Snoke being set up as the nu-emperor only to be killed in the second movie served one purpose only: to rob Kylo of his role as the true antagonist. :lol

As for what happens now, I think it's a given that Kylo will be redeemed. He'll probably die doing so, finally matching Vader in one thing...
It would be a lot more interesting if Rey died at the hands of Palpatine, triggering Kylo's redemption as he kills Palpatine, giving the end of ROTJ a twist. It would be poetry. :monkey3

Back