Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The worse this movie does, the more it will slowly restore my faith in humanity. If people are really willing to stand up and admit that this stuff is utter garbage, which nobody did for TFA and only half did for TLJ, only then will the message get across to the corporations that we're not just gonna sit and take it as they continue to destroy the stories and characters that are important to us.

Star Wars is our folklore. You don't just write a check and then get the right to **** all over folklore.

I know this movie is still going to make over a billion dollars but I'd be thrilled if it made significantly less than they were anticipating and they have to eat a huge monetary loss for their hubris.

Nobody is trying to change anything. Just simply pointing out your hypocrisy due to your overly sensitive emotional attachment to your dear childhood.

Still have no idea what you're getting at. I see nothing hypocritical about loving one movie and hating another. But like I said....type away.

So when I left the theatre I said:

TFA: "Yeah, it was okay."

TLJ: "What a hideous film"

TROS: "What a complete abomination."

Hooly dooly.

And BTW, all the leaks were 100% true from that Doomcock guy.

So when I left the theatre I said:

TFA: "Yeah, it was okay."

TLJ: "What a hideous film"

TROS: "What a complete abomination."

Hooly dooly.

And BTW, all the leaks were 100% true.

Dude. It's 1:30 in the morning here in Japan....I have severe insomnia.....who knows if I'll get any sleep before work. So dish man....let's hear some gory details we haven't heard yet!!

Still have no idea what you're getting at. I see nothing hypocritical about loving one movie and hating another. But like I said....type away.

It’s fine to love it, but it’s hypocritical to accuse others of liking something simply because they need to “feel something,” when you openly admit that the reason why you love the OT is because you feel something for it simply because they’re the films of your childhood glory days and are therefore free of any criticism.

But whine away.

3.30am, just got back.

Watch this guys channel - it's all there:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeCJB88u93eq91U0rlJsW-A

People were saying his sources were full of ****, and that there was no test screenings - well EVERYTHING he said was all there.

It's really rushed, particularly the first half. Bad editing, choppy as crap. Bad script. Bad cinematography; far too many close shots. The opening line of the scroll made be burst out laughing "The dead speak!" or something to that effect.

I literally burst out laughing at so many things. The level of "conveniences" on display here is at a level I've never seen before in my life. Watch Chewies reaction to Leia's death. WTF?! And how she goes... on my lord. You can also really see that her stuff is "cobbled" together - it's really bad.

Even though I read all the leaks, the film is far worse than I imagined it would be.

The only character I didn't mind (and I don't really know why, because she doesn't really do anything) was Kerrie Russel's.

Anyway, I happy to put the trilogy behind me now. Done and dusted, hopefully to be erased from memory.

It’s fine to love it, but it’s hypocritical to accuse others of liking something simply because they need to “feel something,” when you openly admit that the reason why you love the OT is because you feel something for it simply because they’re the films of your childhood glory days and are therefore free of any criticism.

But whine away.

I disagree. You're comparing apples to oranges. You're free to think whatever you want of me, of course, but I'm sure it's as boring for everyone else that's coming to this thread to read about what a dumpster fire this new movie is as it is for me.

You wanna keep cluttering it up with name calling, be my guest, but it's pretty pointless.

TROS is worse than TLJ? Is that possible?

It's not worse, per se, (I'd actually watch it a thousand times again before TLJ), it's just a mess. Too much of nothing and as I mentioned above, contrivances like nothing you've ever seen.

It actually didn't feel like the same crew that did TFA.

Oh yeah, John Williams makes a cameo :)

Critics decided they had to be honest with their reviews this time cause of the old saying "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me.".

They knew audiences weren't going to buy in to their shill ******** a second time.

I disagree. You're comparing apples to oranges. You're free to think whatever you want of me, of course, but I'm sure it's as boring for everyone else that's coming to this thread to read about what a dumpster fire this new movie is as it is for me.

You wanna keep cluttering it up with name calling, be my guest, but it's pretty pointless.

You’re the one that said it, not me.

I dislike the ST as well, but I don’t have an unhealthy attachment to my childhood and give the OT a total pass that’s free of any criticism, because they were the films of “muh childhood.” But again, continue denying that your poor childhood has nothing to do with it, when you already admitted it does.

Just got home from the screening and I'm not even going to bother defending it. It's absolute garbage.

You’re the one that said it, not me.

I dislike the ST as well, but I don’t have an unhealthy attachment to my childhood and give the OT a total pass that’s free of any criticism, because they were the films of “muh childhood.” But again, continue denying that your poor childhood has nothing to do with it, when you already admitted it does.

That's what you're going on and on about? Cause I said the OT gets a pass? What's wrong with that?

The OT gets a pass. They're not perfect movies but they're masterpieces compared to this garbage. You've never watched a movie decades later but still love it as if it were brand new? You have Superman in your avatar. Superman III is a pretty bad movie, objectively. Can you still enjoy it or do you turn it off as an adult cause it's crappy?

And why are you talking about my childhood like it's some kind of war orphan? That doesn't make sense.

That's what you're going on and on about? Cause I said the OT gets a pass? What's wrong with that?

The OT gets a pass. They're not perfect movies but they're masterpieces compared to this garbage. You've never watched a movie decades later but still love it as if it were brand new? You have Superman in your avatar. Superman III is a pretty bad movie, objectively. Can you still enjoy it or do you turn it off as an adult cause it's crappy?

And why are you talking about my childhood like it's some kind of war orphan? That doesn't make sense.

That’s fine if you’re biased to the OT because of their emotional attachment to your childhood, but like I said, when you accuse others of liking the ST simply because they need to feel something, let’s not pretend your attachment to the OT isn’t emotionally charged either, because it obviously is, and since you already even said yourself it is.

And I can enjoy Superman III, but I don’t give it a pass simply because it’s from “muh childhood.” I thought MoS was objectively a much better film, actually than all of the Reeve films.

Too much of nothing and as I mentioned above, contrivances like nothing you've ever seen.

Critics decided they had to be honest with their reviews this time

Just got home from the screening and I'm not even going to bother defending it. It's absolute garbage.

Oh man.... not surprised at all. My disappointment is complete. 3 loser films in the first Disney Trilogy. At least they remained consistent.

That means the PT beats it by having one halfway good movie.

T

And I can enjoy Superman III, but I don’t give it a pass simply because it’s from “muh childhood.” I thought MoS was objectively a much better film, actually than all of the Reeve films.

You enjoy it. So you give it a pass!! That's all I'm saying. I enjoy it too....it's actually a fascinating example of a movie that's such a baffling trainwreck you gotta wonder how it ever got made in the first place. And for the record, I liked MoS too...well....most of it. I got really bored with the CGI battles during the climax.

But anyway....that's neither here nor there. This thread is all about Ep 9 and the glorious new world of the Star Wars Disney Trilogy.

120735d1408194160-random-pictures-thread-only-rule-post-here-more-entertain-my-cat-bickering.jpg

You enjoy it. So you give it a pass!! That's all I'm saying. I enjoy it too....it's actually a fascinating example of a movie that's such a baffling trainwreck you gotta wonder how it ever got made in the first place. And for the record, I liked MoS too...well....most of it. I got really bored with the CGI battles during the climax.

But anyway....that's neither here nor there. This thread is all about Ep 9 and the glorious new world of the Star Wars Disney Trilogy.

View attachment 473482

It’s on topic though, being that the crux of it is based on the SW ST.

Back