Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She (whoever had the gall to pose for that picture) is the perfect example of why most movies suck. That's the new "development girl". She exemplifies hiring for other reasons than talent. That room should be cluttered with creative inspiring objects and posted with story ideas and storyboards, not look like a kitchen from the food network. Have you ever seen the mess that Stephen King works in? Its awesome.

That photo makes me quite mad... because there are so many creative and talented people who would kill in that position, and yet Disney hires... otherwise.

It's best summarized as "it doesn't have to be good if its diverse." The idea is that because you are getting a different view, that makes up for the fact it isn't good. Publishing, arts, stand-up comedy (Hannah Gadsby's a good example - a stand up who isn't all that funny, more sad/disturbing - but has a viewpoint that conforms to what people want to hear) movies - even arts criticism.

In a post-modernist world, advocates of this would ask: what does a critic know anyway (citing their gender, race and other identity politics attributes) when there's so little diversity in critics?

Something that was missed in the "TLJ"s rave reviews" news stories was who those critics were exactly. For example RT had a major shake-up in the year before TLJ to get a more diverse set of critic voices (cutting loose of some established critics), and arguably some of those were in the "not good but diverse" category.

You look at some TLJ story choices (eg the Holdo/Poe/Leia thing) and you could see that it was a perfect match-up of content and type of critic - just as that LFL Story Group member (so prominent in so many news stories) was a perfect match-up to this new type of critic.

That photo makes me quite mad... because there are so many creative and talented people who would kill in that position, and yet Disney hires... otherwise.

I like how she's posed. Like in that moment she is thinking up AMAZING things. :lol

She (whoever had the gall to pose for that picture) is the perfect example of why most movies suck. That's the new "development girl". She exemplifies hiring for other reasons than talent. That room should be cluttered with creative inspiring objects and posted with story ideas and storyboards, not look like a kitchen from the food network. Have you ever seen the mess that Stephen King works in? Its awesome.

You're making a lot of judgements based on nothing, the things she has in her office is no indication of anything and that's the same type of argument that women hear all the time where people are trying to say they're not a "real fan" because of whatever reason.

Random thought: if William Katt had originally been cast as Luke Skywalker, Crazy Old Hermit Luke would now look like this:

MV5BYTJhNjNkZmQtMDExMi00YmZkLWExZDYtNzNmYzg2ZTRmZTQwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTYxMTg5Mjk@._V1_UY1200_CR751,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

(He probably does, in the same alternate reality where CT never got fired from Ep IX!)

You're making a lot of judgements based on nothing, the things she has in her office is no indication of anything and that's the same type of argument that women hear all the time where people are trying to say they're not a "real fan" because of whatever reason.

Probably cause they're not real fans.

Random thought: if William Katt had originally been cast as Luke Skywalker, Crazy Old Hermit Luke would now look like this:

MV5BYTJhNjNkZmQtMDExMi00YmZkLWExZDYtNzNmYzg2ZTRmZTQwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTYxMTg5Mjk@._V1_UY1200_CR751,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

(He probably does, in the same alternate reality where CT never got fired from Ep IX!)

I thought Trevorrow quit? So hard to keep track of every director in the revolving door. :lol

I thought Trevorrow quit? So hard to keep track of every director in the revolving door. :lol

I wasn't there when it happened but the rumor was that Trevorrow had a private conversation with Daisy Ridley about the direction he was going to take Rey. Immediately afterwards Daisy was seen literally sobbing and Trevorrow was soon fired.

Therefore I assume that the movie would have been much better had Trevorrow stayed on board, instead of KK replacing his ideas with Johnson and a dimwitted story group.

Yeah who knows but at this point nothing seems improbable. There was a quote from JJ’s buddy (the resistance pilot he puts in everything) that JJ was thrilled with the TLJ script. When asked about it JJ basically avoided giving his opinion by saying something like “I love that guy but he talks a lot of **** in interviews.” :lol

:lol :lol :lol

JJA is truly a hack there were soooooo many other directors out there that could?ve done the brand justice but nope.

Then again Lucas is also a hack so whatever lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seeing as how Disney owns 20th Century Fox could they now open the last film with the familiar drum roll? That would be so cool and nostalgic!

It's best summarized as "it doesn't have to be good if its diverse." The idea is that because you are getting a different view, that makes up for the fact it isn't good. Publishing, arts, stand-up comedy (Hannah Gadsby's a good example - a stand up who isn't all that funny, more sad/disturbing - but has a viewpoint that conforms to what people want to hear) movies - even arts criticism.

In a post-modernist world, advocates of this would ask: what does a critic know anyway (citing their gender, race and other identity politics attributes) when there's so little diversity in critics?

Something that was missed in the "TLJ"s rave reviews" news stories was who those critics were exactly. For example RT had a major shake-up in the year before TLJ to get a more diverse set of critic voices (cutting loose of some established critics), and arguably some of those were in the "not good but diverse" category.

You look at some TLJ story choices (eg the Holdo/Poe/Leia thing) and you could see that it was a perfect match-up of content and type of critic - just as that LFL Story Group member (so prominent in so many news stories) was a perfect match-up to this new type of critic.

There is truth to this, but you neglect to mention just why they do this. Money. And thats the job of the company, to make money for the shareholders. Which Disney excels at .

The want new markets, and they want to open up the fansbase. They did the same in Endgame, and gave the gals their moment to shine. They are tapping into that cash.....next up Asian market. Be prepared for an onslaught of asian stars.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Seeing as how Disney owns 20th Century Fox could they now open the last film with the familiar drum roll? That would be so cool and nostalgic!

I bet they announce that before the RoS release. Will tip a few more holdouts into buying tickets. :lol

The only real question I have about any of the ST characters and the ultimate resolution of the Skywalker Sage in RoS is - are there going to be Ewoks in this thing or not?

Ok picture the 20th Century Fox SW Fanfare as being the nicest most tightest perfectly shaped female rear end that is bent over in front of Disney which has the longest and thickest manhood.

That?s what Disney is going to do with that fanfare smash it too bits lol

I bet they announce that before the RoS release. Will tip a few more holdouts into buying tickets. :lol

The only real question I have about any of the ST characters and the ultimate resolution of the Skywalker Sage in RoS is - are there going to be Ewoks in this thing or not?

That is also my # 1 question lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is truth to this, but you neglect to mention just why they do this. Money. And thats the job of the company, to make money for the shareholders. Which Disney excels at .

The want new markets, and they want to open up the fansbase. They did the same in Endgame, and gave the gals their moment to shine. They are tapping into that cash.....next up Asian market. Be prepared for an onslaught of asian stars.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

That's actually going to be interesting (if overdue.) China is criticized as not being an innovator in tech etc - to see where they go with movies for an actual global audience, and the reverse - how Hollywood will handle the ethical fallout of the NBA/China thing (ie "don't ask/don't tell" in regards to human rights etc will not be as easy as it used to be) - is going to be really interesting. Who would have thought South Park would be so relevant after so many years?:lol

Back